Why become a member? ×

GOD I LOVE MUSIC WITHOUT BASS IN IT

Cantdosleepy

Electronica, acoustic artists, glitchcore, sample-based hip-hop, stripped-down Rock'n'roll, synthpop; oh yes indeed, if no-one's let a bass guitar anywhere near it I'm happy as Larry.

Favourite sans-bass artists:
Fourtet
White Stripes
Acoustic songs by Neutral Milk Hotel
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Venetian Snares
Bon Iver
The Cool Kids
Dälek

Share your awesome music-with-no-bass-that-includes-no-upright-bass here!

Totally with you on Four Tet. Also love Burial, Boards of Canada, Cobblestone Jazz (all the bass done on a Roland SH-101), M83, Modeselektor... all generally sampled parts or synthesised bass parts!

What I like is trying to capture the quantised feel of synthesised bass and doing it yourself on bass instead. It's a lot of fun ;)

Yeh I like Jojo Mayer, he's done what I want to do but on drums, basically. Technically great as well. As for the Boards of Canada, they're my favourite of all time. Absolutely stunning music.

I don't know how much you like house and minimal and whatnot but Cobblestone Jazz are great, as is Ricardo Villalobos. Nice to meet another bass player with similar taste in non-bass related music! Haha ;)