Why become a member? ×

The finest valve amp money can buy

Pookus

[quote name='alexclaber' post='399923' date='Feb 4 2009, 01:11 PM']I don't know how many exist - it sold for $10k and I think they still lost money on each one. A true 'halo' model like the Veyron. Imagine it stacked on top of their 16H cab - possibly even too loud for Lemmy![/quote]
Thats a pretty crazy price. I don't understand how out of date technology can cost so much (unless they're hand built by lawyers...) ;)

[quote name='synaesthesia' post='399872' date='Feb 4 2009, 12:21 PM']On the Alembic forum, you tend to get people with money who would rate anything as long as it is expensive. Other than DFUNG there's hardly anyone there who has anything acoustically or technically sensible to say about amplification.[/quote]
That's me sorted out then

[quote name='JPJ' post='399899' date='Feb 4 2009, 12:54 PM']Mark,

Are you bringing your rig to the NE Bish Bash then?[/quote]

slight mis-spell....... "uses" should have been used (s&d right next to eachother and clumsy bass players fingers)

I sold the monster about 2 years ago.....

You could have heard my GKRB700 II into my Loud inc cab on Friday but I think you're not going cos i'm playing instead of Kev ;)

Get ya'self along..... i'm not that Bad :P

ATB
Mark

[quote name='Pentode' post='400376' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:10 PM']Not everybodys' tone - but my SVT CL & 2 X 15" Classic cabs leave that little tell tale stain in the front of my pants every time! ;)[/quote]
Are you sure thats the amp, and not just old age?

[quote name='Marcus' post='400382' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:17 PM']slight mis-spell....... "uses" should have been used (s&d right next to eachother and clumsy bass players fingers)

I sold the monster about 2 years ago.....

You could have heard my GKRB700 II into my Loud inc cab on Friday but I think you're not going cos i'm playing instead of Kev :P

Get ya'self along..... i'm not that Bad :huh:

ATB
Mark[/quote]

Hey Mark,

Sorry mate, just re-read my post over at the other place and it does sound a bit like that don't it ;)

To explain, I've been promising Mr Bucket that I'd turn up to see him play after he was hugely complimentary about my dep at the Office last year, hence the rather cackhanded post. It was not intended as a slight towards you or your playing :)

Looks like I will be there on Friday (surplus brownie points to burn, so I may as well use them before they time expire) look out for a fat bearded bloke in a bright orange basschat tee-shirt!

[quote name='JPJ' post='401248' date='Feb 5 2009, 04:55 PM']Hey Mark,

Sorry mate, just re-read my post over at the other place and it does sound a bit like that don't it ;)

To explain, I've been promising Mr Bucket that I'd turn up to see him play after he was hugely complimentary about my dep at the Office last year, hence the rather cackhanded post. It was not intended as a slight towards you or your playing :P

Looks like I will be there on Friday (surplus brownie points to burn, so I may as well use them before they time expire) look out for a fat bearded bloke in a bright orange basschat tee-shirt![/quote]

LOL...... nee bother man, Kev's Awesome and i'm just helping out to keep them on the Road, while the Bucket's away

It'll be good to meet you, and I DO need some advice on wadding for my cab !!!

How come you got a BassChat T and I missed out !!!! ??

[quote name='escholl' post='401841' date='Feb 6 2009, 10:29 AM']Avantgarde make some amazing stuff. Too bad I'll never be that rich ;)

Any ideas where that is? It looks like a demo room in Japan or China.[/quote]

No idea, I'm afraid, but I can still bring a smile to my lips at any time by imagining my wife's expression if I brought that home ...

[quote name='Pentode' post='400376' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:10 PM']Not everybodys' tone - but my SVT CL & 2 X 15" Classic cabs leave that little tell tale stain in the front of my pants every time! :P[/quote]
yup im the same, me groove tubed SVT classic still does it for me after all these years..(though if i could ever find one at the right price a mesa diesel 2x15 to go with it would make it me ultimate personal combination i suppose.... ;))

i remember even with the standard valves using it for the first time at a gig, tentatively plugging in and hitting just a simple low E and thinking"ohhh lordy, that.... is ...just..so.. authorative.."..lol :)

[quote name='Marcus' post='401506' date='Feb 5 2009, 09:07 PM']LOL...... nee bother man, Kev's Awesome and i'm just helping out to keep them on the Road, while the Bucket's away

It'll be good to meet you, and I DO need some advice on wadding for my cab !!!

How come you got a BassChat T and I missed out !!!! ??[/quote]

For cab wadding, try this stuff [url="http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?category=Hardware&masthead=Speaker_!amp!_Case_Linings&subheadnew=Wadding"]Wadding[/url]. It comes in 1.5m width so about 3m should be more than enough for your 4x10. I'd do the back, sides, top & bottom. Simplest way to attach it is with a heavy duty stapler, oh and don't stretch it tight.

See you tonight then ;)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='403169' date='Feb 8 2009, 03:40 AM']end on end gives better on axis response...[/quote]

You mean 'off' axis dispersion. On axis response sounds fine however you stack it and that is what fools most people into believing that that is how a stack of speakers will project acoustically.