D.Pal

SOLD -Bitsa Precision 63’ lake placid blue relic - 700£
£700
Palermo - Italy

Up for sale this P bass 1963 replica. Built with quality parts including

Maple Neck C profile + rosewood veneer fretboard, 20 frets 7.25" - neck isn't original, just a decal on the headstock to match the look of a real1963 pre-cbs precision.

Alder body: lake placid blue nitro finish relic
reverse tuners
vintage bridge with spiral saddles
3 ply white pickguard
Seymour Duncan Antiquity Pickup
D’addario Chrome Flats 

I think it's an accurate replica of the real deal for an half price than an AVRI 63, sounds lovely and plays smooth.

G&G case in the pictures not included, but i can add it for +90£ - (i won't sell only the case without the bass)

I'm from Italy, but can post everywhere.

Davide

67CEDE64-B456-4C08-ABF6-98FE018AAC1E.jpeg

B7A54BDD-2A1C-4ECE-AA18-80F8062F851A.jpeg

C6172A08-2F72-4653-9993-F68CC8B3847D.jpeg

FF7EF38E-2B9A-4BC7-B878-E1C6617B7C26.jpeg

5472136D-425A-4BC5-AE3F-849052760704.jpeg

649E3B9A-044C-443A-8A2D-4A5ED7CFD4CD.jpeg

75EDEB80-B777-4437-B102-D34B5B036EF6.jpeg

8D540F16-8627-4EA7-84D9-A4507F81F147.jpeg

5FADEE56-360A-4D47-9C16-C137582383BD.jpeg

E3E240EB-9F7D-4577-9A3E-9D29E21246A7.jpeg

C523FD42-CCFD-413E-A8E7-FC15E726FDA3.jpeg

9B2CAFD0-DA9B-4132-BD0D-4B1A03BCB794.jpeg

Edited by D.Pal
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, soldersqueeze said:

Any idea where or what the neck is from? 

Pretty bass, always wanted a LPB Precision

i'm not 100% sure about it as i bought it used.

it looks well done to me: nice dark rosewood with correct vintage pre-cbs specs, single action truss rod with adjustment nut at the heel.

definetly not an original fender and for sure not a cheaper fake, may be from some luthier replica or an 80' Japan clone.

it had a refret a couple of years ago, so frets are in excelent condition as i've played it only with flatwound since the refret.

6 minutes ago, Slappindabass said:

21 Frets?

my bad, 20 frets! fixed description.

1 hour ago, D.Pal said:

Up for sale this P bass 1963 replica. Built with quality parts including

Maple Neck C profile + rosewood veneer fretboard, 20 frets 7.25" - neck isn't original, just a decal on the headstock to match the look of a real1963 pre-cbs precision.

Alder body: lake placid blue nitro finish relic
reverse tuners
vintage bridge with spiral saddles
3 ply white pickguard
Seymour Duncan Antiquity Pickup
D’addario Chrome Flats 

I think it's an accurate replica of the real deal for an half price than an AVRI 63, sounds lovely and plays smooth.

G&G case in the pictures not included, but i can add it for +90£ - (i won't sell only the case without the bass)

I'm from Italy, but can post everywhere.

Davide

67CEDE64-B456-4C08-ABF6-98FE018AAC1E.jpeg

B7A54BDD-2A1C-4ECE-AA18-80F8062F851A.jpeg

C6172A08-2F72-4653-9993-F68CC8B3847D.jpeg

FF7EF38E-2B9A-4BC7-B878-E1C6617B7C26.jpeg

5472136D-425A-4BC5-AE3F-849052760704.jpeg

649E3B9A-044C-443A-8A2D-4A5ED7CFD4CD.jpeg

75EDEB80-B777-4437-B102-D34B5B036EF6.jpeg

8D540F16-8627-4EA7-84D9-A4507F81F147.jpeg

5FADEE56-360A-4D47-9C16-C137582383BD.jpeg

E3E240EB-9F7D-4577-9A3E-9D29E21246A7.jpeg

C523FD42-CCFD-413E-A8E7-FC15E726FDA3.jpeg

9B2CAFD0-DA9B-4132-BD0D-4B1A03BCB794.jpeg

Lovely that, I would buy it now but I’m building a pretty near exact one. Always wanted a LPB P bass 🤘

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kennedy said:

matching headstock is missing 😢

No it's not, matching headstocks weren't present on '63 LPB Precisions, certainly none that I've seen (and I have to say, the bass for sale here looks so much like my old '64 I'm almost tempted to buy it for sentimental reasons).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kennedy said:

matching headstock is missing 😢

That would’ve been a very special order for a P, back then.....

10 hours ago, soldersqueeze said:

Any idea where or what the neck is from? 

Pretty bass, always wanted a LPB Precision

Lovely looking bass

The neck may be from Musikraft in the USA. 

I got one from them last year for a '64 spec build I did, and after loads of searching they were the only company I could find offering a vintage spec round laminate fingerboard. Some pics of it here if it helps 

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

Any trades?

Si

Cash would be prefered, but you never know.

1 minute ago, rubis said:

Lovely looking bass

The neck may be from Musikraft in the USA. 

I got one from them last year for a '64 spec build I did, and after loads of searching they were the only company I could find offering a vintage spec round laminate fingerboard. Some pics of it here if it helps 

Didn’t know about that. Here are A couple of pics .

F66B292A-B9E8-4747-941E-9013A39DDD01.jpeg

B43D4265-0331-482F-AB1E-2883753AA204.jpeg

Mine has a different mark on the bottom of the heel, but that's not to say that the maker didn't alter the logo at some point, taking into account your neck is older, after all Fender have been known to alter their logo from time to time! 

That aside, making a neck with this kind of fingerboard would be both costlier and more difficult, so it's fair to assume it's not a budget neck, it certainly looks authentic, the whole bass does. 

• Thanks 1

That's a cracking deal. Vintage/Custom Shop specs for MIM money. If I had the ready cash I would jump on this. Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

Davide is a lovely person to deal with,  Bass chatters can deal in total confidence! And I have to say what a stunning bass that is, looks an amazing spec for the monies.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FDC484950
      Sold

For sale is my lovely Fender Precision Bass. It’s made in Japan and serial number dates it to approx 1988/1990 and was made in the Fujigen plant.
      It’s light (approx 3.7Kgs) and looks like a basswood body with maple neck and a lovely slab of rosewood with dark stripes for the fingerboard. Neck has a nice vintage tint to it.
      It sounds fabulous and has a resonance and depth that’s comparable with vintage P-basses and is a sheer joy to play. I tried this out in a shop with 7-8 other p basses, some Japanese, some US and a couple of 70’s models and this was head and shoulders above the lot. I’m only selling as I’m a 5-6 string player and miss the B string pickup test!
      Front and rear are in good condition but the bottom edge is a bit roadworn. There are also some lacquer cracks around the neck but expected with a 30-year old bass. It really does have a vintage vibe!
      Hardware is fine - however jack socket is a bit crackly and probably needs replacing. Minimal fret wear and neck is nice and straight. It comes with Hipshot Ultralite lollipop tuners. If I get the asking price they’re included - if not I will restore the stock tuners (which work fine but add about 300g extra to the headstock).
      Collection only on this as there I no case with the bass. No trades please.

• By foya
      Great shape and sound
      feels like to play a good squier JV precision.. 
      original from ‘80 made in Japan
      alder body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.
      stock electronics and other parts
      i can ship everywhere.
      bass located in Italy 

• By sly83
      High-end bass by Philippe Deputte Luthier Artist.
      - Walnut table with inserts in black pear
      - Swamp Ash body 3 parts wavy maple neck
      - Graphite reinforcements and Truss Rod double actions.
      - Speckled maple fingerboard, abalone inlays. Scale 34 '
      - Walnut veneered head, Hipshot Tuners
      - Hipshot bridge 18mm
      - Bone nut.
      - Neck / body connection by step inserts mechanical, optimized vibrations.
      - Maple and ebony railing
      - Very dynamic and precise through B string.
      - BENEDETTI microphones exclusive MIC system (switchables pickups). Contact by copper plates. A Precision, a Jazz and a double Humbucker.
      - John East Uni pre 3 Electronic Preamp with Volume control / Balance stacked pots Parametric medium / boost medium stacked Bass / treble stacked - Switch 2 positions 1 active / passive - Switch for pickups 1 + 2 or 1 + 3
      - 3.45 kgs !! Perfectly balanced.
      Each point of this bass has been designed for optimal ergonomics. Whether the choice of the profile of the handle and its radius, as well as certain details that are important such as the jack plug in the back and the front strap attachment which allows to have a flat strap, which does not pull not on the shoulder.
      Fantastic playing sensations. Very low action. It falls perfectly on the shoulder, no tiredness of play even after a very long gig.
      Supplied with Hiscox case. 
      New strings set La Bella Super Steps 45-128.
      Very versatile modern and vintage sounds 
      Links and follow-up of its creation: https://onlybass.com/topic/87754-projet-duo-lutherie-l3m/
      Price include shipment from France 🇫🇷 to Europe with insurance. 

Quick samples :

• By Figue2B
      Hi
      For sale trade this beautiful Mayones Jabba Custom Buckeye Burl.
      I bought this bass in new condition at Bass Direct this year.
      Preamp Mayones,
      Aguilar Pickups
      Buckeye burl top
      Matching headstock,
      Ebony fretboard
      Blocks inlays,
      Neck bliding 
      Hipshot ultralight 
      Full options
      Mayones case...
      3kgs700
      Trade with 4 or 5 strings
      No 6 strings, no fretless, no jazz bass neck, no fender
      Yamaha BBNE2, Pedulla, BB2024X.... 
      1450£
      Cheers!
      http://
    • By simonroberts788
      This is the nicest P bass I've ever had and it trounces any modern Fender in terms of looks, feel and tone. The body is lightweight at under 4 kg and the neck has a gorgeous dark Brazilian rosewood fingerboard on beautiful yellowy maple that is visually excellent but feels well worn in after 38 years of playing. The neck is pencil dated 11 .1. 1982 and it has the original reverse tuners, which hold their tuning perfectly but are visually a bit tarnished and creak a wee bit when you're changing strings. This bass has been played and played and played and feels totally worn in with all the mojo. The body has a gorgeous old-style sunburst where the red and black have faded a bit in the sun, there's plenty of edge wear but the top is clean. The neck is tight in the neck pocket and I added a thin card shim to get the best action. The back of the body has a gouge by the neck plate a few other marks and lines in the finish. The tortoiseshell pickguard is the original one and looks amazing - it's shrunk a bit in a couple of places like the old ones do but it fits good overall. There are some added screw holes under the guard where the previous owner added a different guard. The pickup is the original one in a newer casing as the original one cracked (I still have it) and has just had one of its bobbins rewound by Bare Knuckle pickups so it's back to factory spec. The ground is soldered to the original copper shielding plate in the pickup cavity. The tone is thick and punchy but retains all the definition, drives the amp well and goes all Motown when you roll the tone off - ultimate P bass tone. Unfortunately. the previous owner lost the neck plate with the JV serial number when he tried a jazz neck on it (just bonkers huh?) so the bass comes with a similar one from a Vester bass. I thought about buying a replacement JV neck plate but that felt a bit wrong so I'm leaving it as is. A new blank plate is a few quid on ebay. The bridge is a more modern replacement although I have the original bridge with the threaded saddles but the outer two grub screws are seized meaning you can't get the outer string's action right. There's an extra two screw holes under the bridge where someone must have experimented with another bridge. The knobs look like they're more modern versions with slightly domed tops rather than the flat tops. Again these are a few quid on ebay. All in all this is a fantastic bass with tons of vintage mojo and it just oozes class from every viewpoint. It looks, sounds and feels as close as you can get to a vintage early 70s bass but without the £3k price tag. I'm gutted to have to sell it as this was supposed to be a keeper but bills are piling up. A perfect example would be over a grand so someone will get a great deal here. Comes with a good gig bag. I'm down in Cornwall but would be happy to meet on the M5 somewhere for a quick sale. I'm open to different options and can ship if necessary.