basses:
musicman sub bass
tobias toby pro5b custom

amp:
ampeg BA115

effects:
behringer BOD100
morley bass wah

And yes that is my xbox propping the tobias up in the first photo :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='174924' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:50 PM']how can you possibly afford that at 17???

if you live at home, i hope you pay your parents rent, as you can clearlyyyy afford to![/quote]
What i was thinking! And i thought my setup was pretty nice for most 17 year olds!

Edited by budget bassist

There's a few folk on here with nice tall (and probably immovable) 1X15s. I want one, not one of those compact jobs that lots of companies are churning out (Ashdown, I'm looking at you). I wonder if Bassbunny still has his? And if he'll post it for free? :)

[quote]how can you possibly afford that at 17???

if you live at home, i hope you pay your parents rent, as you can clearlyyyy afford to![/quote]

Ok ok, there is some trickery there, the marshall stack was being sold to pay for the orange, and its my twin brothers. All the bass stuff is mine, payed by me from inheritance money from my grandad passing away, so its not asif i was spoilt or owt, then what you can see of the pa system, me and my bro split it half way from money left over and got it at special trade prices as my uncle is co-owner of www.proaudiosystems.co.uk

I do live at home, bt don't pay rent as i'm still in college so don't have enough income, i owe some money to my mum, but she always gets it back.

-Jake

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='178607' date='Apr 17 2008, 09:57 AM']Ok ok, there is some trickery there, the marshall stack was being sold to pay for the orange, and its my twin brothers. All the bass stuff is mine, payed by me from inheritance money from my grandad passing away, so its not asif i was spoilt or owt, then what you can see of the pa system, me and my bro split it half way from money left over and got it at special trade prices as my uncle is co-owner of www.proaudiosystems.co.uk

I do live at home, bt don't pay rent as i'm still in college so don't have enough income, i owe some money to my mum, but she always gets it back.

-Jake[/quote]

You don't have to justify it, Jake.

[quote name='lwtait' post='47498' date='Aug 19 2007, 08:49 PM']I'm 14 and have been playing 2 or 3 years so I'm not really a beginner, but I'm a teenager. My main bass is an Ibanez Soundgear 500 and I also play a Squier/Fender jazz that I'm doing up.

My Soundgear's just a soundgear but my Jazz is cool. I bought it off Neepheid with bartolinis and a preamp not long ago, and I'm making changes.

[attachment=1842:my_bass.jpg]

All I've changed atm is add a Fender Precision neck, BADASS II and chrome knobs and I'm thinking pearl scratchplate.[/quote]

well, since this thread's still going, i might as well do an update from my post on page 3 of thread. I sold my jazz, but kept the neck and BADASS, they were too good to sell. here are my current basses:

[attachment=8065:DSC02059a.JPG]
this is my squier black and chrome precision, that i put the fender neck i had on my jazz on, and then put seymour duncan quarter pounders in, but the quarter pounders weren't in when i took the picture. the pretty jazz in the background is my dad's (simon1964) jazz.

[attachment=8066:sr500.JPG]
this is my soundgear. this picture was taken quite a while ago. its not looking too good nowadays. the paint's been scratched off by my thumbs above both pickups, and up by the neck under the D and G strings the paint's been chipped off again from playing slap.

finally I have [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15736&st=40"]my "taitycaster"[/url]. if you go on the link you can see pictures of the finished bass, and a build diary of my five day shuker course as i hand built this bass. its by far my favourite bass in the house, including my dad's 7.

[quote name='lwtait' post='183180' date='Apr 22 2008, 08:47 PM'][attachment=8065:DSC02059a.JPG]
this is my squier black and chrome precision, that i put the fender neck i had on my jazz on, and then put seymour duncan quarter pounders in, but the quarter pounders weren't in when i took the picture[/quote]
That's too cool for words - I want a bass that looks like that!

I'm 16 and i am playing for 2-3 years atm and i have only a fkin tanglewood! Noone supports me :)
[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]
[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]
[url="http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=521&i=laa529213cdba2abe263529xa8.jpg"][/url]

Edited by Ghetox

[quote name='Higgie' post='178738' date='Apr 17 2008, 12:21 PM']Will take pics of my gear over the weekend, as there will be a new acquisition to the family :huh:[/quote]

I'm 18, and have been playing for around 4 and a half years now.

Here are pics of my setup, as promised:

Boss OC-2, Dredgetone Angler (On loan from Toasted), Fuzz (Toasted put this one together for me), One of my Mutron III's, an Akai Headrush E2, and a Korg DT-10BK, powered by a Burkey Flatliner on a Diago Showman Board. This is just my current setup as I've sold all my patch leads, but havent bought an George L's yet. Lurking just out of shot at the top are: Catalinbread Serrano Boost, MXR M-117R Flanger, Visual Sound Visual Volume, Digitech WH-1 Whammy.

My other Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Mutron Phasor (not working), Guyatone SV-2, Demeter Compulator (custom paint job), Tonefactor Hellbaby, Dunlop 105Q, Analogman Mini Chorus with Deep Mod, Loopmaster Tap-Tempo switch (I use this for scrolling down the presets on the Deep Impact). The guitar is just a cheap AXL Les Paul copy, I hardly play it.

My Babies!! Lakland DJ4 and DJ5, both with Aero Pickups and J-Retro Pre-Amp.

And last but not least:

My Rig - EA iAmp 600, through a pair of 1st Gen MarkBass cabs - 115, and 410.

Thunderous :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='186868' date='Apr 27 2008, 11:07 PM']17? i thought you were older for some reason[/quote]

...Same here....
Bizzare that lots of people seem to be younger than me (I'm 19) I thought everyone would have been older :S

:huh:, Would help if I had a job :). The last time I had money I spent it so fast over £1000 in a month, and don't understand where all of it went. I've got abit of GAS for another bass as it is, but I got no cash after buying a Trace off here. Which should be here by the end of the week *crosses fingers*

this forum is a cracking tool for building up nice gear.

I think the important thing to note is i, like many others, have not just gone and dumped £1000 on a bass, I might have had a £300 bass which i sold for £250, worked a few weeks put another £200 in the pot then i can get a nice £450 bass. This process has got me from a cort to a bongo with no significant jumps! and also means i dont get guilt trips about blowing money!! Same goes for amps and cabs too. Sometimes you have to go back one step to go forward two! Like when i traded my eden nemesis 810 for a hartke 212 and a DHA valve pre, i pretty much knew it wasnt for me, but someone on the forum would snap it up for cash, then i could use that!

Fairly nifty really.