Why become a member? ×

my ridiculous rig

EBS_freak

So here's the latest incarnation of my rig.

Pointless Furman conditioner (but hey it's got lights!)
Peterson Stroborack
EBS TD650

and...

4 x EBS-210 Proline cabinets.

...but it makes sense. 2x10s are portable, light... and depending upon the needs of the gig/rehearsal I can take 1, 2, 3 or 4 cabs... and arrange them in all sorts of patterns.

A bit like Tetris really.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='390772' date='Jan 25 2009, 08:10 AM']Yup, 8 ohm cabs. My existing cabs had the speakers replaced with 16 ohm speakers from EBS and the other 2 were special orders from EBS.[/quote]

Ooo get you ;) .

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='390796' date='Jan 25 2009, 09:36 AM'];) :P :) At least somebody has taken my advice about not mixing cabs. Not that much different from using 2 4x10's. When are you playing the Dog And Duck?[/quote]

2x 4x10s are too heavy! Dog and Duck? Next Saturday - but I won't be using this rig. This is my bedroom rig.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='390832' date='Jan 25 2009, 10:50 AM']2x 4x10s are too heavy! Dog and Duck? Next Saturday - but I won't be using this rig. This is my bedroom rig.[/quote]

I didn't think it was ridiculous until that comment! ... [i]This is my bedroom rig[/i] ha ha ha ... cool rig though... wish I'd got 2 2x10cabs ... 4x10 is just too bulky and heavy to be able to do by yourself!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='390738' date='Jan 25 2009, 01:56 AM']So here's the latest incarnation of my rig.

Peterson Stroborack
EBS TD650

and...

...but it makes sense. 2x10s are portable, light... and depending upon the needs of the gig/rehearsal I can take 1, 2, 3 or 4 cabs... and arrange them in all sorts of patterns.

A bit like Tetris really.[/quote]

oooooooooh!
You can flap eveyone's trousers with that ...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='390738' date='Jan 25 2009, 01:56 AM']So here's the latest incarnation of my rig.

Peterson Stroborack
EBS TD650

and...

A bit like Tetris really.[/quote]

Lovely. Important to have largeness behind you when you play live ;)