Why become a member? ×

Orange Bass Terror

~tl

Hmmm... if it's anything like as good as the Git-arse Terror it'll sound great but break a lot...

Our guitarist has a TT and it sounds the mutt's nuts, but he's on his third head in about 8 months... Apparently Orange had a lot of trouble with transformers on the first batch out of Korea - I'd say if you're interested in one of these, give 'em a year to get the components sorted before you buy!

Having said that, everywhere we play the TT (through a Mesa 2x12) gets rave reviews from other 6-stringers and sound dudes alike, the thing is stoopid loud and sounds great. If they manage to pull off a similar trick with the bass version I'll definitely be looking into getting one.

And having read the TB thread on these, I'm reminded of just why I had given up on finding a decent bass-related forum... Those guys are all hyper-judgemental in a way that I can never understand. IME, it must be an american / 16-year-old thing...

[quote name='MananaMan' post='407203' date='Feb 12 2009, 01:01 AM']Hmmm... if it's anything like as good as the Git-arse Terror it'll sound great but break a lot...

Our guitarist has a TT and it sounds the mutt's nuts, but he's on his third head in about 8 months... Apparently Orange had a lot of trouble with transformers on the first batch out of Korea - I'd say if you're interested in one of these, give 'em a year to get the components sorted before you buy!

Having said that, everywhere we play the TT (through a Mesa 2x12) gets rave reviews from other 6-stringers and sound dudes alike, the thing is stoopid loud and sounds great. If they manage to pull off a similar trick with the bass version I'll definitely be looking into getting one.

And having read the TB thread on these, I'm reminded of just why I had given up on finding a decent bass-related forum... Those guys are all hyper-judgemental in a way that I can never understand. IME, it must be an american / 16-year-old thing...[/quote]

yeah there was a product recall in the european market fo rearly batch just before xmas.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='The Funk' post='445217' date='Mar 25 2009, 06:05 PM']So noone's seen, heard or tried one yet? I like the idea of pairing one with my Barefaced cab.[/quote]

Now thats a combination I would love to hear too !
But the Terror Bass Amps are still 3-4 months away

Orange are also bringing out new bass cabs. An OBC810 and three new 'Smart Power' cabs in 210, 212 and 410 configs. I guess these will go with the bass terror, as they're supposed to be smaller and more portable.

[url="http://www.gear-vault.com/orange-bass-cabinets-unveiled-namm/"]more here[/url]

Edited by Tee

• 7 months later...

The guitarist of my band has the Tiny Terror, and its apparently really great. She has the Dual Terror on order 'n all... they're also meant to be awesome. So... lets hope it follows that this is alright 'n all - might be a nice wee back-up if/when i get an 'unreliable' all-tube head :rolleyes: :)

Edited by TheButler

I've tested it...there is a thread on here with the video.

Cool and very light. Nice dirty sound if you want it, and can do the fat n clean as well.

Solid Orange tone...not AD200b Mk3 Holy Grail tone, but damn good.

I've got my guitar Dual Terror and PPC212 in Ltd 2009 White to pick up this weekend :)