Why become a member? ×

Fender, Ibanez, EBMM

sifi2112

Time to 'bite the bullet' .. totally down scaling .. too many basses (& amps)
Gonna get an all valve head & maybe a 'proper' cab .. rest has to go, it's sad coz it's all good stuff but I guess I'm not the 1st to find that their style & tastes change.

Have posted most of these before but they really need new homes now .. going for about half price ....

- Fender Geddy Lee Jazz (modified/repaired) + SKB hardcase = £350

- Ibanez DWB3 (modified) + Hiscox hardcase = £350 .... [b]SOLD[/b] - pending

- EBMM Bongo 4HS 'stealth' (as new) + EB hardcase = £700 .... [b]SOLD[/b]

Will probably going down to Cardiff come mid Feb & maybe Essex way to get my amp & then probably back to Cardiff before heading home to sunny Bradford. Give us a call or txt for further etc .. emails might take longer as I don't have regular access.

cheers

Simon 07796846935

Edited by sifi2112

Regarding 'Geddy Lee' ..

will start with the 'bad' 1st

- headstock split whilst replacing tuners but have had it glued by pro luthier who ensures me this will not occur again (atleast not in the same place) .. I trust him coz he'd used the same industrial strength glue to repair my bro's les paul snapped headstock (which was much worse) & it stays in tune just fine, unfortunately whilst he had GL clamped he knocked it over & chipped it a little, don't feel it whilst playing tho.

- block inlays could have been finished better & you can feel them a bit if you run your finger along fretboard, think this is common to GL model

'good' points tho matter of taste ...

- black hardware (wilkinson tuners, badass II, control plate powder coated, metal knobs)

- texalium scratchplate

- sanded / stained & waxed body, removed veneer top layer to show 3 piece alder body but left most of veneer on back (does appear a bit purple on pic but it's not .. black stain)

- all new pots v/v/t

Would ideally like anyone interested to come & check it out rather than receiving something that might not resemble the pics coz it's actually darker than on photos. Will be going down to Cardiff again in Feb (week 3) & probably over to P'boro N Essex. Am only considering parting coz I've 2 other jazzes, a Warmoth with same neck thickness as GL & a custom jazz built by same luthier which puts em all to shame imho !

Si

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='390298' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:00 PM']I think I could just about put my P bass GAS on hold to buy that bongo. Somebody has to buy my fretless status first though.[/quote]

You'd better not!

My bongo deal pretty much fell through and therefore I can't have a bongo anymore. That means if you get a bongo you'll be able to gloat at me and I hate it when it is that way round.

You want a P bass? BUY MINE...