Why become a member? ×

Shukus ??

Dr.Dave

Anybody remember this??....

It's the Status series 3000 I picked up off the bay for a reasonable ammount of brick early this year.

Anyway - Mr Shuker has had it for the past few months but inally got it back today with it's nice new top.

It's spalted beech - the bit of maple we chose was gouged by a faulty machine. I hated it's MFI look and the
top covers the nasty dings that used to be in the body. I like the high gloss finish too.

Next stage is sending the neck off to Sims to have side lights installed.

Here it is today.

Edited by Dr.Dave

It cost £250 - though would have been much less if I hadn't wanted the high gloss finish.

No plans to upgrade the EQ...............................................for the mo!!

I am going to send the neck off to Sims for side LEDs though , probably fairly soon. I spoke to them and can keep the cost down by doing the final wiring myself , doesn't seem too difficult.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='39688' date='Jul 31 2007, 07:49 PM']It cost £250 - though would have been much less if I hadn't wanted the high gloss finish.

No plans to upgrade the EQ...............................................for the mo!!

I am going to send the neck off to Sims for side LEDs though , probably fairly soon. I spoke to them and can keep the cost down by doing the final wiring myself , doesn't seem too difficult.[/quote]

Yeah Lights are so cooool and really useful too ..

Thanks for all your comments.

I do like the idea of it being a Stuker - even better , a Stuka !!!

The painting behind me I got at a craft fair a bit back - no idea what it is but Mrs Doc et moi both went 'I like that' at the same time so we bought it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's done a few shows now , thought I'd give an update on it.

It's awesome - sounds a toss off word but I can't think of a better one. I've gotten used to it's weight - light it aint - and the sound...well.
I've had to drop the bass side of both pickups - to save lives! - it has so much power and tone available. Rolling the pup swing forward towards neck pup only is scary.

Like my previous Status it's a breeze to play , the neck is a little less flattened out too which is more comfortable to me.

Long story but I took a train to the gig last night - the ZZ trib band. I took the Status rather than the Epiphone Explorer I use for the trib because it's easier to carry. The difference it made to our sound was a revelation. It's also fattened up Dr Blue. My Shuker bolt on is a bit 'stingray growly middley' - which it what it's supposed to be - but the raw power of the Status fits our sound better.

It's rapidly becoming my fave bass.

I'll wait til we have some kind of gigging break before sending it of for the side LEDs. Can't bare to be without it at the mo and that's from a bloke with a custom Shuker and a vintage P.

Just took this - sorry about the flash reflections. If I shuffle off this mortal coil you can tell everyone I died a happy man.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='39657' date='Jul 31 2007, 06:35 PM']Anybody remember this??....

It's the Status series 3000 I picked up off the bay for a reasonable ammount of brick early this year.

Anyway - Mr Shuker has had it for the past few months but inally got it back today with it's nice new top.

It's spalted beech - the bit of maple we chose was gouged by a faulty machine. I hated it's MFI look and the
top covers the nasty dings that used to be in the body. I like the high gloss finish too.

Next stage is sending the neck off to Sims to have side lights installed.

Here it is today.

[/quote]

:) you've shaved your beard off!!!

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='50956' date='Aug 26 2007, 04:49 PM']:) you've shaved your beard off!!![/quote]

You're not wrong - happens a lot these days because the false , glued-on trib band beard won't stick over my goatee. You get the 'tache' along with the beards but we keep our own - day after I shave the tache down too and grow the lot back at the same rate. Must have been about 2 days after a gig looking at that pic.

Anyway - you want a beard...here you go !!! £50 they are , from a Dutch bloke.
Apologies for shameless 'gunslinger' pose. It's in chapter 4 of 'how to pose like a proper rock star' !!!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='51191' date='Aug 27 2007, 09:45 AM']You're not wrong - happens a lot these days because the false , glued-on trib band beard won't stick over my goatee. You get the 'tache' along with the beards but we keep our own - day after I shave the tache down too and grow the lot back at the same rate. Must have been about 2 days after a gig looking at that pic.

Anyway - you want a beard...here you go !!! £50 they are , from a Dutch bloke.
Apologies for shameless 'gunslinger' pose. It's in chapter 4 of 'how to pose like a proper rock star' !!!

[/quote]

Here's a cool vote from a youngen :)

• 1 year later...

Beaut bass, Dave!
Now if you just squeeze another string in there and pop the frets out... :)
My Ibanez is getting a much-deserved spruce-up at the mo.
Build diary at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44673&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44673&hl=[/url]
HUGH