Why become a member? ×

What's this bass?

DirkThrust

was thinking Yamaha! Looked a bit Myung-ish. The bridge did look out but there was an unfortunate shadow where the gap in the two part bridge would be so I wasn't sure. Can anyone photoshop the hell outta this? Tweak the brightness a tad? Won't reveal much but its sometimes useful

Here's another (equally poor) one, but the shape of the top horn is a bit clearer. An additional bit of info which may help is that this pic was taken in the Philippines and bearing in mind the enormous cost of European products out there and the fact that the place is awash with everything Japanese, it tends to indicate Yamaha rather then Warwick. I can't even make out if it's a five or a six though.

Edited by AndyMartin

I wouldve gone with yamaha TRB , but it seems to have only four knobs, not five, the top horn looks diffrent too, could be out really, as you say it,ll be mostly japenese stuff.

I've tweaked the image - anyone know what it is now?
[/quote]

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='372202' date='Jan 6 2009, 05:13 PM']Here's another (equally poor) one, but the shape of the top horn is a bit clearer. An additional bit of info which may help is that this pic was taken in the Philippines and bearing in mind the enormous cost of European products out there and the fact that the place is awash with everything Japanese, it tends to indicate Yamaha rather then Warwick. I can't even make out if it's a five or a six though.[/quote]

Did Fender make the camera you used as well? :)

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='372169' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:53 PM']Can anyone identify this bass. No particular reason just that it sounded incredibly good and I was curious what it is.

Sorry about the poor quality pic.[/quote]

Its a stealth bomber at night!

[quote name='ped' post='372189' date='Jan 6 2009, 06:04 PM']Yamaha TRB I think[/quote]

ayyeee

I rekon its definatley a yamaha of some sort. Its got that distinctive 12th fret marker

edit: just noticed the tweaked pic - maybe not a trb afterall. The old trb's did have 4 knobs though!

Edited by agoulding