Why become a member? ×

New Sei Build

BigRedX

• 1 month later...

Mmmmm - that's why these babies are worth the wait and the money...

Another awesome bass from Martin Peterson - massive congrats - I know you will absolutely love it, my single cut just keeps feeling better and better and the wow factor on gigs and from other bass players is really nice - it sounds and plays great too.

Have fun.

Mike

Thanks!

I'll get some better pictures up just as soon as there's some sun (sometime in the new year then!) and hopefully some sound clips later in the week.

I have to say that this bass has the best B-string of any bass I've ever played and the most consistent tone from one string to another which means that a couple of the songs my band does have just got loads easier to play as I don't have to make massive jumps up and down the neck to ensure I got the best sounding notes.

Holy sh!t man - that looks stunning... really and truly some of the best custom made basses anywhere in the world... come right out of little old Camden town.

I'm getting a Sei jazz next - more details coming soon - but once again Red - HUGE congrats - that's a very special bass you have there.

M

Thanks guys!

It gets it's first serious use on Wednesday when Gosh! start rehearsing with our new guitarist and I'll have a chance to play at volume through my rig.

Alan - the ACG pre in this is outstanding! It sounds good in the Pedulla but in this bass its something else. Plenty of deep bass but still with the fretless singing tone all at the same time. Wonderful!

Thanks everyone...

The fingerboard/pup/ramp surface is working very well and is definitely going to help improve my technique since I'll be forced to use a lighter touch as my default playing style. At the moment I have a tendency to dig in as soon as the music gets exciting which means that my fingers are tired by the end of some of our faster songs...

The colours have worked out very well, despite some reservations by the finishers in the end they came through and delivered an outstanding looking instrument.

Ritter was one of the luthiers I had in mind when I was deciding on who would be building this bass. Getting the Sei hasn't stopped me GASing for a [url="http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses-baesse/ritter-basses-raptor.htm"]Raptor[/url] though!