Why become a member? ×

Glarry GP bass review

ped

2 hours ago, GHfingerblast said:

The net really is just society in microcosm. Guy buys a budget bass and seems kinda ok with it until a light bulb goes on and he realizes he can pander to the herd better if he talks about how, yes, it’s dirt cheap, but if you think that’s a good idea for a beginner, you’re wrong… and of course the really weak sheep chime in with their self-applause about how “this is bad for a beginner since they’re making GOOD beginner guitars…”. Right. For 3, 4 & 5x the price. 

and for the guy who said “they’re just building down to a price point”, I wish you were in arms reach so I could beach-slap you and do you the biggest favor of your pathetic life. 

I must be the one exception who got a good bass from Glarry. Maybe it’s just good karma though; it pays to not being a whiny meow meow sometimes. You all should give that a shot lol. 

And no, I have no connections to glarry. And I bought a pick guard that I had to re-connoiter, and it still fits weird. But I knew I didn’t have a “p bass”, so…I knew it was a project.  yeah, all that work, and i STILL love the way it looks now, yellow with a green pearl PG. The neck and the rosewood fretboard are worth AT LEAST the price of the whole bass. You could have a collection of nice necks and f-boards with which to do some experimenting with building guitars if you weren’t so busy sucking each other off verbally. 

have i said yet how much I hate your weak, whiny asses? Well, that goes quadruple, azz’oles. Buncha critics 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I haven't begun to start thinking about my entry for Basschat Post of the Year, and then this turns up.  No point in even entering now :(

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, linear said:

I haven't begun to start thinking about my entry for Basschat Post of the Year, and then this turns up.  No point in even entering now :(

Couldn't agree more. I hear he's up for an Oscar.

Edited by Frank Blank

3 hours ago, GHfingerblast said:

The net really is just society in microcosm. Guy buys a budget bass and seems kinda ok with it until a light bulb goes on and he realizes he can pander to the herd better if he talks about how, yes, it’s dirt cheap, but if you think that’s a good idea for a beginner, you’re wrong… and of course the really weak sheep chime in with their self-applause about how “this is bad for a beginner since they’re making GOOD beginner guitars…”. Right. For 3, 4 & 5x the price. 

and for the guy who said “they’re just building down to a price point”, I wish you were in arms reach so I could beach-slap you and do you the biggest favor of your pathetic life. 

I must be the one exception who got a good bass from Glarry. Maybe it’s just good karma though; it pays to not being a whiny meow meow sometimes. You all should give that a shot lol. 

And no, I have no connections to glarry. And I bought a pick guard that I had to re-connoiter, and it still fits weird. But I knew I didn’t have a “p bass”, so…I knew it was a project.  yeah, all that work, and i STILL love the way it looks now, yellow with a green pearl PG. The neck and the rosewood fretboard are worth AT LEAST the price of the whole bass. You could have a collection of nice necks and f-boards with which to do some experimenting with building guitars if you weren’t so busy sucking each other off verbally. 

have i said yet how much I hate your weak, whiny asses? Well, that goes quadruple, azz’oles. Buncha critics 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't think it's important that I didn't understand everything in order to understand it. :crazy:

3 minutes ago, eloisa said:

I don't think it's important that I didn't understand everything in order to understand it. :crazy:

Well, you say that, but I think it's important to understand that you not understanding everything in order to understand it is quite understandable given the circumstances.

16 hours ago, GHfingerblast said:

U OK hun?

Edit: Bugger, hadn't spotted @neepheid's post.

Edited by tauzero
Read more carefully before posting
  • Haha 1

On 16/09/2019 at 12:57, ped said:

I tried that first but I couldn't get it to feel right. This wedge does actually get slightly thicker towards the back giving a little tilt but I think a single partial shim would have left quite an unsightly gap as it would have necessitated quite an angle!

Having the shim at one end often works, but also causes its own problems. You are adding a tilt to the "bow" you need to get adequate relief and that can cause fret buzz/high frets from around fret 14. Then you have to increase the action to reduce the buzz or file a ramp in the frets at the dusty end.

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Having the shim at one end often works, but also causes its own problems. You are adding a tilt to the "bow" you need to get adequate relief and that can cause fret buzz/high frets from around fret 14. Then you have to increase the action to reduce the buzz or file a ramp in the frets at the dusty end.

Not really. You won't change the shape of the neck, you just change the required height of the saddles.

• Like 1