Why become a member? ×

Isn't this a reasonable deal?

[quote name='Bassassin' post='359370' date='Dec 20 2008, 03:32 AM']Apart from the fact I hold a massive personal grudge against the seller (Rikki's "Music Shop", Leith Walk, Edinburgh - never, ever give them a penny of your money - cynical, dishonest, cheating w@nkers :) ) - it does seem reasonably priced.

Jon.[/quote]

I've recently not bought a mandolin because I don't like the shop it was being sold in. It's second hand/pawn shop. I'd been in there when someone was trying to return something that didn't work, and heard what they were telling the guy. Fundamentally, the conversation can be summed up as "our engineers have checked it and it's working properly" "but I can show you that it's not working" "(aggressive disinterest) our engineers have checked it and it's working properly".

Buying something for the lowest price when the backup service is poor and there are problems with the product is a problem I've experienced in the past.

Edited by Annoying Twit

Here's a corker of a deal if you're local to Bridgend:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Starfire-4-string-bass-guitar-and-Peavey-112-Bass-amp_W0QQitemZ230314793172QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item230314793172&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Starfire-4-string-ba...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]