Why become a member? ×

who played bass on.....

Bay Splayer

[quote name='uptonmark' post='352077' date='Dec 11 2008, 07:30 PM']....recently learnt the bass lines to a couple of grace jones tracks pull up to the bumper and slave to the rythm. anyone know who the bassist was?....[/quote]
Luis Jardim played bass on Slave To The Rhythm.

[quote name='chris_b' post='352102' date='Dec 11 2008, 07:58 PM']Luis Jardim played bass on Slave To The Rhythm.[/quote]

Yup

Relevant thread here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=30953&view=findpost&p=320482"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=320482[/url]

[quote name='Clarky' post='352095' date='Dec 11 2008, 07:43 PM']Think he produced it though[/quote]

Yep, but I remember reading somewhere that he played bass of a few Grace Jones tracks also - he had of course previously been bassist in the 70's prog rock outfit the Glitter Band :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='352110' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:09 PM']Yep, but I remember reading somewhere that he played bass of a few Grace Jones tracks also - he had of course previously been bassist in the 70's prog rock outfit the Glitter Band :)[/quote]

That was one hell of a show.
I remember GG and crew bringing the NEC show to the Colston Hall on a Christmas tour one year.
It was huge and very entertaining.
Shame he turned out bad.
I auditioned for bassplayer for Jonathon King once as well .. Didn't get the gig ... Not pretty enough, I guess..

[quote name='The Burpster' post='352118' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:23 PM']Hmmmmm that Robbie Shakespeare fella plays PRSs ......

yeahaaay go dude!

:)[/quote]

And Mark Bass these days too. Sly and Robbie are simply awesome (overused word but totally appropriate here).

[quote name='The Burpster' post='352158' date='Dec 11 2008, 09:10 PM']Hummmn - check dis one out!

[/quote]

good playing but the sound does nothing for me :huh:

doesn`t even come close to this [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bj4xWuM86GE&feature=related"][color="#FF0000"][b]FATBASS[/b][/color][/url] but thats just my opinion :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='352110' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:09 PM']Yep, but I remember reading somewhere that he played bass of a few Grace Jones tracks also - he had of course previously been bassist in the 70's prog rock outfit the Glitter Band :)[/quote]

Sorry to be a pedant but i know he played bass in the Buggles who had a hit with Video killed the radoi star are you sure he was in the Glitter band?

[quote name='beerdragon' post='352612' date='Dec 12 2008, 12:08 PM']Sorry to be a pedant but i know he played bass in the Buggles who had a hit with Video killed the radoi star are you sure he was in the Glitter band?[/quote]
Its mentioned on the [url="http://www.zttaat.com/article.php?title=6"]ZTT web site[/url]

[quote name='OldGit' post='352117' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:22 PM']That was one hell of a show.
I remember GG and crew bringing the NEC show to the Colston Hall on a Christmas tour one year.
It was huge and very entertaining.
Shame he turned out bad.
I auditioned for bassplayer for Jonathon King once as well .. Didn't get the gig ... Not pretty enough, I guess..[/quote]

Excellent to see someone prepared to speak well of GG's music. It's depressing how history has been revised because of what he subsequently got up to.

[quote name='bremen' post='352831' date='Dec 12 2008, 03:49 PM']Excellent to see someone prepared to speak well of GG's music. It's depressing how history has been revised because of what he subsequently got up to.[/quote]
+1. I found it rather depressing that some stupid old phuquer had got "Leader of the Gang" taken off the music syllabus purely on the grounds that GG was a paedo. I just don't see that the behaviour of someone 25+ years ago should make any difference/