Why become a member? ×

( Not the First) East Anglian Bass Bash (EABB) Saturday 2nd November 2019

jonunders

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jonunders said:

It does seem that there is very little interest in this, if things do not pick up soon I will have no choice but to cancel this. I have to travel at least 2 hours. 

Any thoughts

That would be a huge shame but understandable, I can’t believe there aren’t more interested bass players in the area?

4 hours ago, mangotango said:

If available on the date, I could bring a couple of Spectors, Genz Benz Amplification, maybe even the Aria EUB.

I might also bring @Stingray5 if he's not too busy!!

Yep, still on the list but there's a slight chance recording duties may put the kibosh in this. I'm still waiting to hear 😕
That said, I note there still may not be quite enough bodies overall to make it viable (only 7 on last showing)...?

Venue; " THE LIMEBURNERS"

WILLISHAM ROAD

OFFTON 

IPSWICH 

IP8 4SF

Saturday 2nd November 2019. 10am

It would be a crying shame if this didn't go ahead due to numbers. I had similar issues getting people to commit when arranging The Herts Bash - in the end I decided it was more aggro than it was worth.

It's about 90m each way for me - I hate driving - but if anybody else from the Herts area is going I'm happy to chip in petrol money for the privilege of being a passenger.

6 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Venue; " THE LIMEBURNERS"

WILLISHAM ROAD

OFFTON 

IPSWICH 

IP8 4SF

Saturday 2nd November 2019. 10am

It would be a crying shame if this didn't go ahead due to numbers. I had similar issues getting people to commit when arranging The Herts Bash - in the end I decided it was more aggro than it was worth.

It's about 90m each way for me - I hate driving - but if anybody else from the Herts area is going I'm happy to chip in petrol money for the privilege of being a passenger.

I’ve no problem giving you a lift Sir, I always feel a bit daft travelling to one of these with a spare seat.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, jonunders said:

Hi. I am very grateful to those of you who have shown interest but I feel that this has become a non starter. I have a 140 mile round trip and with only 9 interested I cannot justify in my mind carrying on. Sorry but I'm  going to cancel this event

This is a real shame, thank you for trying.

I completely missed this one. If there is to be another then I’ll be there (date permitting). Ipswich seems to be a sensible place but not sure of venues there. I used to rehearse in the back room of the Kingfisher pub. It’s huge and if I remember correctly was dirt cheap to hire. 

I empathise with the OP. We had similar problems with the Herts Bash.

Loads of work to make it happen with relatively few attendees. There are members here who live 15mins away that never attended - makes you wonder why you'd bother, hence I don't any more.

• Thanks 1

So as I said in my earlier post, I missed this last time as it’s an area of the forum that I don’t visit a lot so if this thread ends up on page 2 I’d probably not see it. Maybe the specific local bashes could all be stickies. I know there would be a lot, but at least they’d be visible?