Why become a member? ×

( Not the First) East Anglian Bass Bash (EABB) Saturday 2nd November 2019

jonunders

12 hours ago, jonunders said:

In negotiations for venue and dates, will be September or thereafter. Will update as soon as I have more details

Jono 

Though hopefully not going to clash with the LBGS? Some of us would like to do both - greedy, I know.

Having enough available funding to make both feasible/worthwhile might be an issue, true, but...…...

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:19, W1_Pro said:

I'm up for it. Any thoughts as to a venue?  The Hunter Club in Bury St Eds is nice,  they don''t seem to do much with the rooms in the day, so I'll happily have a word and see if one can be wangled....

Bury is probably a good shout geographically. I've played at the Hunter Club, don't really have a sense if the rooms there would be big enough for what we need (how many typically attend?), the main room is a good size and acoustic though. I know a chap that uses it very regularly for jazz gigs, it works well and I'm happy to get in touch with him for a line on pricing, contacts etc if we think that might be a goer.

Looking forward to it!

Edited by andybassdoyle

2 hours ago, mangotango said:

Though hopefully not going to clash with the LBGS? Some of us would like to do both - greedy, I know.

Having enough available funding to make both feasible/worthwhile might be an issue, true, but...…...

....or the South East Bass Bash (Sun 20th Oct). Not too close in location but may be a similar distance for those based in Nth London, Essex, Herts. Just sayin' :)

I have provisionally booked The Limeburners in Offton for the 19th October. It's free, and available from morning through to 4 PM ish. We can then sort out live music in the evening to raise some money for charity / charities.If anyone has a band( I do) or solo who are willing to play in evening can they let me know. There is a local band who may be willing to attend.

They have a resturant/ pub meals available for those who want to stay on for evening

Jono

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

....or the South East Bass Bash (Sun 20th Oct). Not too close in location but may be a similar distance for those based in Nth London, Essex, Herts. Just sayin' :)

Ah, if you're going for Sat 19th Oct, I'm afraid I'm already down for the SEBB and can't really stretch to two bashes over the same weekend.

Unfortunately this one is too far for me but I would highly recommend going to anyone of any ability with any type of kit to go as these are really enjoyable social events. Always nice to meet fellow bass players and try out lots of different kit.

Have a good day!

I have booked The Limeburners for Saturday 2nd November. Might I suggest the BB starts around 10 am and will be wound up by 3-3,30 . Hopefully there will be enough intrest for live music in the evening. 

If anyone wants to do a talk or hold a class then please let me know

Looking forward to meeting you all

Jono

EABB

Venue; " THE LIMEBURNERS"

WILLISHAM ROAD

OFFTON 

IPSWICH 

IP8 4SF

Saturday 2nd November 2019. 10am

If anyone has a preferance for a charity / charities please let me know.

More information and options to follow

Jono

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonunders said:

EABB

Venue; " THE LIMEBURNERS"

WILLISHAM ROAD

OFFTON 

IPSWICH 

IP8 4SF

Saturday 2nd November 2019. 10am

If anyone has a preferance for a charity / charities please let me know.

More information and options to follow

Jono

Actually in the pub itself?