Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Basses

joe_geezer

12 minutes ago, GeeCee said:

Much more versatile than people think.  Did the settings get you closer to the sound you were looking for?

Yes, thank you. It's really great to hear what other settings Jaydee owner's are using as i wasn't sure how much too boost the eq. My strings are 100-40, i know a lot of Jaydee players use 30-90..

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

It's in Sweden - not that this would make any difference. I thought the one on ebay was red.

I just messaged him on Reverb and he says he bought it from a friend. Was a bit of a coincidence & yea the colour must have been different.

Yep Swedish prices i guess

1 hour ago, joe_geezer said:

I just messaged him on Reverb and he says he bought it from a friend. Was a bit of a coincidence & yea the colour must have been different.

Yep Swedish prices i guess

About the same price as a round of beers in Stockholm. 

• Haha 2

On 06/03/2023 at 11:50, joe_geezer said:

Jaydee on Reverb - 

Was this the same bass that was recently for sale on ebay for half the price?

https://reverb.com/uk/item/66432109-jaydee-roadie-supernatural-1982

I think you are right, it was a sunburst Jaydee Roadie I.  I don't think this is the first time that he has done this.  There was another Jaydee Roadie I fretless bass that was for sale last year and then he put it up on Reverb again at 2 or 3 times the original sale price.  Oh well, capitalism at its best.

Edited by GeeCee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I though £300 and a bit of hard work…

yeah. 

£750 and a headache looks most likely 

Yeah,

Buy new JD pick-up

Remove EMG PU and block extra rout

Fill holes for added controls

Refinish body - got to be a solid color due to above

What's going on with fretboard - looks like it has been painted, can't see position markers

Fit new nut

Refit machineheads (unless you like the Warwick look)

Need new JD decals front and back

Edited by GeeCee
  • Haha 1

Another jazz tune improv on the Jaydee, this time i set the bass on 70%, Mid on 100%, Treble on 5% , Tone rolled right off and back pick up selected... only thing with this setting is the bass is quite a bit quieter, probably would need a volume boost pedal if i was going to switch to this setting and then switch to a normal slap sound in a gig.

• Like 5

On 08/03/2023 at 01:22, AndyTravis said:

I though £300 and a bit of hard work…

yeah. 

£750 and a headache looks most likely 

Unfortunately it looks like a real basket case, a 'tweeker special' as they'd say on Talkbass. It was probably a really nice bass at one point, before the deranged modification programme started. Really, it's the sort of thing that should just be given away for nothing, to someone with the skills or desire to see it fixed up and reborn as something worthy. But aside from the wood it's made of, there is nothing of value there. Bidding on it seems mad; you're just paying for a ticket to a lot of work and headaches. 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2023 at 10:58, joe_geezer said:

Early April fools ....

[EDIT]

Found this on ebay:

Actually... Is this a genuine Jaydee Roadie 1 that has been 'modified'?

1153221971_Screenshot2023-03-07at19_45_30.thumb.png.fe2e5ca07c272724205ff3043710b781.png

My god.

People have been publicly flogged for far lesser crimes than that. If you listen carefully, you can hear the poor thing crying.

At least when I fitted the EMG pickup in my old Roadie 1 (in my defence, the original humbug died and I already had the EMG in the spares box), I had the good sense** to put it in the original pickup cavity.

** a rare thing for me

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, joe_geezer said:

Another jazz tune improv on the Jaydee, this time i set the bass on 70%, Mid on 100%, Treble on 5% , Tone rolled right off and back pick up selected... only thing with this setting is the bass is quite a bit quieter, probably would need a volume boost pedal if i was going to switch to this setting and then switch to a normal slap sound in a gig.

Great chops and lovely tone bro😎

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joe_geezer said:

A quick question for anyone that has owned a Jaydee GA24 - Can you stand the bass up safely against a wall as the bottom of the  body wood is pointed? Is there a strap lock or something to install so as not to rest the bass body wood directly on the floor?

The joys of twin strap button basses....think you might just have to use a cradle-based stand or a headstock hanging stand, my lord...

A quick question for anyone that has owned a Jaydee GA24 - Can you stand the bass up safely against a wall as the bottom of the  body wood is pointed? Is there a strap lock or something to install so as not to rest the bass body wood directly on the floor?

Yoiks!! If you don't post proof of purchase soonish I'm calling Social Services. :shok:

Screenshot_20230316-123312_Chrome.thumb.jpg.99a52018a2bb870b947f5abca8e7e0a1.jpg

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Haha 1

No, well, yes you can, but not stably unless you put in a corner.  Same problem with the Alembic series bodies.  There is a screw in the tail of the Jaydee which goes in the hole that is used to hang the bass when spraying, but depending on angle of lean, it could be wood on wood.  Honestly, just buy a stand.  It will fit in some stands that support the bottom of the bass, see picture.   

IMG_8184.jpg

• Like 5