Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Basses

joe_geezer

13 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

I'm informed that mine is now a couple of months away. Hoorah!

I've just placed another order today for a pearl pink Jaydee series 3 fretless.... also asked John for some update build pics of my green GA24 ....

Edited by joe_geezer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Blimey, Hhow many do you already have and how many on back order now then?

I only actually have a Supernatural Series 3 but on order I had a GA-24 and now obviously the series 3 fretless.

After the price hike on Wals & the closing of Status I just want to get a bunch of Jaydee's while the the prices are so reasonable.

• Like 1

There's a Jaydee Series 3 now on ebay from 1987 (seller is based in USA). If you search "Jaydee Supernatural Series III Bass 1987 Very Nice" 

I won't post the link as it my conflict with BC's code of conduct.

I can't tell if the colour is a faded white or yellow...

Edited by joe_geezer

1 hour ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Joe_geezer  - when did you place your order for the green GA24?

I ordered my Series 1 with inlays on 1st August  last year (2021), but I've no idea what the current build time is from placing your order. 

I placed my order for the GA24 in November 2021, it also has inlays but i don't expect it to be ready until at least June next year at the earliest . It all depends on how busy they are, with Mark King now returning to play Jaydees exclusively, they might be very busy!

Edited by joe_geezer

Thanks matey!!

The Jaydee website page regarding orders hasn't been updated for quite a while - it still says that the next available slots for placing orders won't be open until April 2022 (6 months ago!)

My Series 1 is already paid in full, so all I need to do us wait until it has been completed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Thanks matey!!

The Jaydee website page regarding orders hasn't been updated for quite a while - it still says that the next available slots for placing orders won't be open until April 2022 (6 months ago!)

My Series 1 is already paid in full, so all I need to do us wait until it has been completed. 

That's fantastic! I normally pay in full about 2-3 months before its ready. What are your Series 1 specs?

Edited by joe_geezer

4 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I gave the black GA24 to young gospel player in London many years ago. He was a fantastic player,  but couldn't afford a decent instrument. 

I have to admit, that I kinda regretted giving it away for quite a long time afterwards.  Hahaha 

Wow! you are too kind! i hope he cherished the gift.

I just got back an invoice today from Jaydee for the fretless order but no details on the GA24 so i'm guessing that it's probably in a queue and they are very busy... bloody Mark King's fault! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Mark King was on BBC South East Today last week, and he had his white Jaydee with him. Guess he's fully back on board with them now!

He has been around the block with a choice of basses over the years and now that he has landed back with Jaydee and it is a massive endorsement for a top class Instrument. IMO, the Roadie Active 2 is the sweet spot and I preferred it over a mates MK Supernatural back in the 80's. The VFM factor on the Roadie is incredible and comes in under the price of many mass produced instruments. Yep there is a waiting list, but well worth waiting for IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, leroydiamond said:

He has been around the block with a choice of basses over the years and now that he has landed back with Jaydee and it is a massive endorsement for a top class Instrument. IMO, the Roadie Active 2 is the sweet spot and I preferred it over a mates MK Supernatural back in the 80's. The VFM factor on the Roadie is incredible and comes in under the price of many mass produced instruments. Yep there is a waiting list, but well worth waiting for IMO.

They're not big on 5- and 6-strings anymore though - it's the GA24 or nothing if you want a 5, and I'm not sure they even make the Calibas anymore if you want a 6. Maybe they still make then to order? 

I miss the Celeste basses - they were great, they should start those up again. 

15 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

I agree that the Roadie Active is the sweet spot. Andy advised that the Roadies could potentially turn out a little lighter because of the set neck versus through neck hardwoods construction. Going for the smaller Series III body profile also shaves off a few ounces (if that's important to you).

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Russ said:

They're not big on 5- and 6-strings anymore though - it's the GA24 or nothing if you want a 5, and I'm not sure they even make the Calibas anymore if you want a 6. Maybe they still make then to order? 

I miss the Celeste basses - they were great, they should start those up again. 

When I think of 5 and 6 string, Jaydee don't register. Their focus I reckon is on 4 string basses. If 4 is good enough for MK.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I gave the black GA24 to young gospel player in London many years ago. He was a fantastic player,  but couldn't afford a decent instrument. 

I have to admit, that I kinda regretted giving it away for quite a long time afterwards.  Hahaha 

You must've been minted! Very kind of you.

20221013_212721.jpg.8078825d1c53ecbb8761a473d7edc99c.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

When I think of 5 and 6 string, Jaydee don't register. Their focus I reckon is on 4 string basses. If 4 is good enough for MK.....

Look how many times people have said that about Jaco. Hasn't stopped his son playing Fodera 6-strings. :D

Even MK plays a 5 sometimes! 

EDIT: Video evidence. :D

Edited by Russ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Look how many times people have said that about Jaco. Hasn't stopped his son playing Fodera 6-strings. :D

Even MK plays a 5 sometimes! 

EDIT: Video evidence. :D

A lot of the bass legends seem to stick with 4 strings, yea they might dabble in another brand's 5 string but generally stick to their 4 string brand.

I think Jaydee have so many orders that it just wouldnt be efficient for their production line to accommodate to much diversity.. (im only guessing and have no real knowledge on this so take this with a pinch of salt...  )

Edited by joe_geezer
  • Like 1