Why become a member? ×

Limelight Custom Builds

Hobbayne

17 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Since getting mine, I've been lucky enough to acquire beautiful (real) '73 and '63 P's. Technically I should now sell my Limelight, but I can't part with it. It's just too wonderful.

limelight.jpg

Yeah that needs to live with me 😳

58 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Ah, right.. thank you. When I read your post in isolation I didn't quite get the context.

He does a very good job, too. I'd happily order another.

Sorry. It was supposed to be a reply to Bassman sam and Lou24's conversation about building one unreliced. I was trying to say that he does not as he is trying to simulate a vintage look.

2 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

Sorry. It was supposed to be a reply to Bassman sam and Lou24's conversation about building one unreliced. I was trying to say that he does not as he is trying to simulate a vintage look.

Arrrgh, everytime I see it written - Lou24 - yeah, it's a frickin' stupid name innit...it's an old, old, old works PC username from years ago, thought I'd use it set up my account, then change it, but could never work out how to...just wish I'd went with plain ol' Dougie...! 

Anyway, back on topic...so how does the relicing process actually work then...I'm assuming you need to actually finish the paintwork on the bass to a full finish then deteriorate it backwards to whatever relic is desired...so therefore in essence a completely non-relic option would be easier in that respect than a relic option of any harshness?

Or am I completely missing something......?! 

9 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

Arrrgh, everytime I see it written - Lou24 - yeah, it's a frickin' stupid name innit...it's an old, old, old works PC username from years ago, thought I'd use it set up my account, then change it, but could never work out how to...just wish I'd went with plain ol' Dougie...! 

Anyway, back on topic...so how does the relicing process actually work then...I'm assuming you need to actually finish the paintwork on the bass to a full finish then deteriorate it backwards to whatever relic is desired...so therefore in essence a completely non-relic option would be easier in that respect than a relic option of any harshness?

Or am I completely missing something......?! 

Discreet had this 63 P bass in Dakota Red made with a very light relic and  very thick paint. I owned it for a while.

• Like 3

I've just had a price for a P bass at under £1000 so that's a plus. 

He has offered to put on a slimmer neck with 38mm nut altho he said it won't be as slim as my Geddy Jazz.

I didn't realise that he only does reliced finish tho. Its not something i like. I could accept very light and i mean very light relic finish.

I'm waiting on his reply to a couple of questions but i'm thinkng this might be the way to go.

Dave

• Like 1

On 28/03/2019 at 12:44, lou24d53 said:

Well I think it's cool. 👍 But if you hate it that much, you might need to bribe admin' with a bag of cheese biscuits or similar. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, knicknack said:

Keep an eye on the classifieds... one of the nicest Ps I've played is about to go for sale I believe! Only because I can't afford to claim it first right now!

Are you talking about BC classifieds ?

Such pressure! It’s not mine but it was offered to me first, but I can’t stretch at the mo so it’ll be here soon. Pino style P bass but Jazz width neck. One of the lightest relics I’ve seen him do and a real player! 

22 minutes ago, knicknack said:

Such pressure! It’s not mine but it was offered to me first, but I can’t stretch at the mo so it’ll be here soon. Pino style P bass but Jazz width neck. One of the lightest relics I’ve seen him do and a real player! 

This one?

https://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/limelight-00224-pino-p/

Edited by Hobbayne