Why become a member? ×

It doesn’t have to be in English to be good, does it?

ubit

Also, since it's Bass Chat after all, here's a really good Italian jazz bassist from Salerno, Dario Deidda.
There are few videos on Youtube of him playing with big names (even Marcus Miller at NAMM or something similar).

His background is jazz/bebop but he played with various artists also outside the jazz circuit.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love this - “Gorffennaf” - it’s the best Welsh language cover version of a 1969 Italian pop hit you will hear this week 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇮🇹 👍

Cardiff lad signed to a German record label, with Brazilians and Americans in his band and is produced by a French guy. That’s normal, right?

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 09:54, meterman said:

Has anyone posted “Prisencolinensinainciusol” by Adriano Celentano yet? Phonetic gibberish written by Italians to mimic how an English language 4/4 disco funk belter might sound to non-English speakers. Confused? Don’t be. Just press play and turn the bass up. Superb sound for 1972.

The part where the girl says “My ice lies senseless, and it also goes with miso. Ice” is about the only lyric I can decipher, but it’s a good one.

“Ice”.

Always loved this, just shows you can be funky as Ghandi's sandal without a bass line or snare drum. 

Imagine how funky it'd be with... *More cowbell! *

• Like 1