Why become a member? ×

South West Bass Bash

Bass-ic

cant you just get a map and find where a good central point for the south west will be cos theres no way i will drive all the way to shaftsbury, and shaftsburys pretty much in the south not the south west. Im sure it will make things hard for people who want to go from north/west devon and cornwall.

Exeter would be the most ideal cos its right next to the m5 and the a38. Well tbh minehead would be ideal for me but seeing only 2 people think minehead then im sure it wont be a popular choice. Well not unless people fancy a day out in butlins.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='757907' date='Feb 26 2010, 09:43 AM']Do we have a date yet?[/quote]
As it's highly unlikely that John will want to organize a bash in Exeter or Bristol, I wonder how many voting for those locations are prepared to do all the organising? Perhaps now would be a good time to volunteer.

[quote name='Josh' post='760216' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:17 PM']Sorry to be pedantic...But Bridgwater hasn't got an E :rolleyes:[/quote]

Josh is right to be pedantic, my cousin lives in Bridgwater and gets very upset when it's spelt wrong :)

Josh you have no avatar anymore?

[quote name='Marvin' post='760786' date='Mar 1 2010, 02:38 PM']my cousin lives in Bridgwater and gets very upset when it's spelt wrong :)[/quote]
Ah, well at least it doesn't have That Smell any more.

I still drive through there with the doors locked and windows up though :rolleyes:

Next question.

I have not been to a 'bash' and am not sure what the score is, and neither do I have access to what I think should be a good enough venue. Has anyone been from the SW ever been involved in organising one and does anyone have a venue but can't organise?
Its time to get this show on the road.

Edited by Bass-ic

[quote name='Telebass' post='761639' date='Mar 2 2010, 11:08 AM']Chepstow not SW...
Shaftesbury not SW...

Faaaar as Oi'm consarned, ought beyond Devon b'aint SW...

:lol: :lol:

So let's have the Bash right in the middle of the SW - in Plymouth!

:lol:[/quote]

I second Plymouth,we can have it at your house :lol: :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='Marvin' post='760786' date='Mar 1 2010, 02:38 PM']Josh is right to be pedantic, my cousin lives in Bridgwater and gets very upset when it's spelt wrong :)

Josh you have no avatar anymore?[/quote]

A few hundred years of in-breeding is to blame for our substantial lack of spelling ability to somehow forget the E in Bridge...

Nope, I have nothing witty or interesting to show anymore.

[quote name='Rich' post='760799' date='Mar 1 2010, 02:55 PM']Ah, well at least it doesn't have That Smell any more.

I still drive through there with the doors locked and windows up though :rolleyes:[/quote]

The ever putrid smell of Bridgwater still lingers if your around long enough, and down the right road of course.

[quote name='Rich' post='759622' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:26 AM']For comedy value we could also have Chew Magna, Curry Rivel, and Nimlet :)[/quote]

I vote for Curry Rivel, lived there for thirty years and still work there.

On a serious note, venue wise, it does have a decent enough village hall with three seperate rooms, next-door to a pub/restaurant and within spitting distance of a decent sized free car park.

[quote name='silentbob' post='763555' date='Mar 4 2010, 12:51 AM']I vote for Curry Rivel, lived there for thirty years and still work there.

On a serious note, venue wise, it does have a decent enough village hall with three seperate rooms, next-door to a pub/restaurant and within spitting distance of a decent sized free car park.[/quote]
Sounds good. I could probably make it there, not sure about others.

• 2 weeks later...

Not enough love for the Shaftesbury option? 11 people would be more like a "tap" than a "bash" :)
Not been to one before, so is there a minimum number to make it work?

Anyone willing/able to organise something in Bristol/Exeter as they seem to be favs at the mo', I'm happy to help on the day, but a bit far to organise venue/shops, etc. before hand.

OS

I am going to suggest that this thread gets closed as presently, nothing seems to be happening at all with the organisation of a SW Bass Bash. In fact I believe that it is in fact almost detrimental to one ever being organised. I think that the one person who was making definite in roads to possibly organise one, may well have been marginalised by the application of the current poll. For that, I apologise.
Hopefully, if another thread does appear on this subject, it will be when therhe is a chance that the bash might happen, which I truly hope it does as it was this thought that prompted me to answer the question in the first place.
I hope this is OK with everyone, unless of course you all strongly disagree.

Cheers
Matt