Why become a member? ×

South West Bass Bash

Bass-ic

[quote name='oldslapper' post='728790' date='Jan 29 2010, 03:11 PM']East from Wiltshire/Salisbury, or West from Yeovil and ye olde flat lands beyond.

John[/quote]
Shaftsbury ok for me depending on gig dates, btw Mr Pedant here isn't Shaftsbury West of Salisbury and East from Yeovil and the like???? Unless I have the wrong one.... :)

Btw would we be able to get someone along who can do a hands on master class in set ups (action and inntonation) - that would make it worthwhile in itself for me.

[quote name='farmer61' post='735780' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:50 AM']Shaftsbury ok for me depending on gig dates, btw Mr Pedant here isn't Shaftsbury West of Salisbury and East from Yeovil and the like???? Unless I have the wrong one.... :)

Btw would we be able to get someone along who can do a hands on master class in set ups (action and inntonation) - that would make it worthwhile in itself for me.[/quote]

Yes defo get a luthier up for a session.

Sorry probably didn't type it k'recly. :rolleyes: .....it should read that Shaftesbury is accessible from the east & west via A30 & A303 and north & south via A350.

But, it looks like Shaftesbury is a bit far for a few folk from somerset,cornwall & devon, so looking for suggestions further west. It is a very large geographical area I guess so quite ambitious to cover south west. Maybe it should be a Dorset/Wilts/Hampshire bash if held in shaftesbury?? Just a suggestion.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='735876' date='Feb 5 2010, 10:17 AM']Yes defo get a luthier up for a session.

Sorry probably didn't type it k'recly. :) .....it should read that Shaftesbury is accessible from the east & west via A30 & A303 and north & south via A350.

But, it looks like Shaftesbury is a bit far for a few folk from somerset,cornwall & devon, so looking for suggestions further west. It is a very large geographical area I guess so quite ambitious to cover south west. Maybe it should be a Dorset/Wilts/Hampshire bash if held in shaftesbury?? Just a suggestion.[/quote]

Shaftesbury is fine for me, what is a few miles when you get to talk bass guitars/amps/kit for hours on end?

I kept quiet on the oriiginal suggestion until I discovered where 'South West' actually was. Coming back to the thread I now understand that it's Bridgewater, or perhaps Bristol, or maybe Shaftsbury or Salisbury.

Have we been infiltrated by Guitarists?? :rolleyes:

Serious suggestion: why don't we have spring bash in the summerzet area to offer something to more southern members, and an autumn one in the Brizzle areal for those who are keen enough to come twice and to cater for more northern and Welsh bretheren.

I don't know enough about it to take the lead on the Brizzle event but I'm certainly up for helping out...

....just don't tell Mrs A!!! :)

[quote name='Apex' post='737635' date='Feb 6 2010, 09:15 PM']I kept quiet on the oriiginal suggestion until I discovered where 'South West' actually was. Coming back to the thread I now understand that it's Bridgewater, or perhaps Bristol, or maybe Shaftsbury or Salisbury.

Have we been infiltrated by Guitarists?? :lol:

Serious suggestion: why don't we have spring bash in the summerzet area to offer something to more southern members, and an autumn one in the Brizzle areal for those who are keen enough to come twice and to cater for more northern and Welsh bretheren.

I don't know enough about it to take the lead on the Brizzle event but I'm certainly up for helping out...

....just don't tell Mrs A!!! :)[/quote]
Really not worried where a get together is.
I only suggested shaftesbury as I can get a free venue, with parking, coffee bar, rooms for "jamming" with a drummer, luthier set up master class, quiet room for chat/dvd, large hall for showing off yer gear, local retailers with stands and local amenities.
The thread has been going for a long time, but haven't seen anyone actually able to offer anything in the way of a venue or taking responsibility for organising it.
These events don't just "happen", and if no one else can come up with a working alternative, then all I'm saying is I'm prepared to organise a get together.
It can be called the mid-east-southwest bass bash if it helps?? :rolleyes:
I might just go ahead chuck some dates out, and see if anyone can make it anyway, if not then at least I'll stand a good chance of winning the raffle! :lol:

Shaftesbury is gert lush for me. But perhaps somewhere further southwest, Tauntonish-Exeterish, would be more suitable? Although the suggested free venue sounds brilliant.
Anyway, wherever it is... come on you Bristle massive, I know there's [i]loads[/i] of you on here. Got to be worth a mass turnout..! :)

[quote name='oldslapper' post='739664' date='Feb 9 2010, 08:20 AM']Really not worried where a get together is.
I only suggested shaftesbury as I can get a free venue, with parking, coffee bar, rooms for "jamming" with a drummer, luthier set up master class, quiet room for chat/dvd, large hall for showing off yer gear, local retailers with stands and local amenities.
The thread has been going for a long time, but haven't seen anyone actually able to offer anything in the way of a venue or taking responsibility for organising it.
These events don't just "happen", and if no one else can come up with a working alternative, then all I'm saying is I'm prepared to organise a get together.
It can be called the mid-east-southwest bass bash if it helps?? :)
I might just go ahead chuck some dates out, and see if anyone can make it anyway, if not then at least I'll stand a good chance of winning the raffle! :rolleyes:[/quote]

As a previous organiser I'd say this is gert lush list of good stuff (Especially teh "free venue" bit) so just go for it in Shaftsbury.
If people want one elsewhere they should organise it there.

I'm going to talk to the venue today and get some dates when it's free, then get hold of retailers/luthier/drummer to confirm they will be able to get there too.

Sunday afternoons look best from other bash threads.

Would it be just as well to go ahead and book a date, then just hope it suits? I know you can never get a date when everyone can make it anyway.

Will keep you posted.

"Mansons" in Exeter could be a good venue. BC'ers from further west who can't get to Dorset could organise one there??? ......probably have to put some plastic sheeting down to catch the GAS drool tho' :)