Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

Just watched this interview with Doug Wimbish. Talking about his signature model, Doug mentioned "now we are looking at making some modifications and moving downfield with some other frequencies for this particular bass and other. Let's just say Doug Wimbish ideas...Should be cool".

Let's see what they will come up with!

• Like 4

It’s in lovely condition. I was set on a brand new Euro LX in matte black stain but this was too good not to buy. I’ll restring it with my preferred EB Cobalts and give it a couple of tweaks, it’s got Rotos on it at the moment which are lighter gauge (40-100) than I normally use, and just a little touch of string buzz on the E string, but overall I’m very happy. Less than two hour round trip and the owner was a super nice guy too. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ern500evo said:

It’s in lovely condition. I was set on a brand new Euro LX in matte black stain but this was too good not to buy. I’ll restring it with my preferred EB Cobalts and give it a couple of tweaks, it’s got Rotos on it at the moment which are lighter gauge (40-100) than I normally use, and just a little touch of string buzz on the E string, but overall I’m very happy. Less than two hour round trip and the owner was a super nice guy too. 

Great, what's not to like? Lovely piano black, and in my opinion a better finish than the black stain matte (which is prone to polish up in places ) 

Actually it has ignited my SAS to have a black Classic 5 to match my white one 😄

The drop tuner is a nice add-on I must add.

Btw, Cobalts are my fav strings as well, they sound really good on Spectors both fingerstyle and pick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ern500evo said:

Makes me want to get hold of the old Ian Hill signature bass (the PJ version) 🙂 

1 hour ago, Paulhauser said:

Great, what's not to like? Lovely piano black, and in my opinion a better finish than the black stain matte (which is prone to polish up in places ) 

Actually it has ignited my SAS to have a black Classic 5 to match my white one 😄

The drop tuner is a nice add-on I must add.

Btw, Cobalts are my fav strings as well, they sound really good on Spectors both fingerstyle and pick. 

I know what you mean regarding the matte finish polishing up. I had a Bongo Stealth which ended up with a polished line across the body where my arm used to rest. I normally use DR Hi beams, but the last coupe of sets I’ve bought, the E String has died really really quickly. So I’ve been using Cobalts and really like them, glad to hear they work well on Spector basses 

30 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Makes me want to get hold of the old Ian Hill signature bass (the PJ version) 🙂 

To be honest I was very very tempted by the Euro RST in the classifieds, I loved the colour, but ultimately the want for EMG PJ pickups made me hold off for a LX 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

To be honest I was very very tempted by the Euro RST in the classifieds, I loved the colour, but ultimately the want for EMG PJ pickups made me hold off for a LX 

By all means the RST's are most probably great basses (never tried one so far) but let's face it if it is a Spector 4 string it has to have the PJ setup. 

(and if it is a 5 string Spector, too 🙂 - well, not really as the DC's work very well but still, after ticking that box I had to have a PJ Spector 5er, too 🙂 )

I think you've made the right decision, have fun with it!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

That used to be mine. Got it in April 21 and sold it via BB this August. Home use only (at least when I owned it). I only sold it as I had some unexpected bills (roof and gutter repairs) and an expensive new remortgage deal.

It's a 2021 Spector Forte in gloss black. It is one of the last Fortes before Spector stopped making them (of course they can be ordered now but as NS2s for much more money). It is also one of the very few ones they made in a gloss finish. 

£2000 is a great price. BB sold it for £2650.

If my 74 Fender P sells, I may be tempted to buy it back myself!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

That used to be mine. Got it in April 21 and sold it via BB this August. Home use only (at least when I owned it). I only sold it as I had some unexpected bills (roof and gutter repairs) and an expensive new remortgage deal.

It's a 2021 Spector Forte in gloss black. It is one of the last Fortes before Spector stopped making them (of course they can be ordered now but as NS2s for much more money). It is also one of the very few ones they made in a gloss finish. 

£2000 is a great price. BB sold it for £2650.

If my 74 Fender P sells, I may be tempted to buy it back myself!

I thought it might have been yours. There's a big gear rehash coming here so if I can get the reddies you never know...

9 minutes ago, Noisyjon said:

If that's a genuine ad and seller then that is a really good deal!

I agree. If the seller is legit and has not done something silly to the bass in the short time they owned it, then this really is an amazing deal. Almost too good to be true (and if something sounds too good to be true, it normally is too good to be true). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I agree. If the seller is legit and has not done something silly to the bass in the short time they owned it, then this really is an amazing deal. Almost too good to be true (and if something sounds too good to be true, it normally is too good to be true). 

Yeah I think cash on collection would be the only way to go with this one. Both cash and collection being issues since I'm potless AND in Northern Ireland!!!

On 11/12/2023 at 10:38, Noisyjon said:

If that's a genuine ad and seller then that is a really good deal!

It now says "pending" (and it is not me). Did one from here get it? If yes, then congrats! You scored the Spector deal of the century. A NS-2 (EMG Xs, Haz 9V, gloss finish) sans crown inlays in mint condition (at least when I sold it 4 months ago, home use only) for £2k? 2k?!? That's less than what a Euro costs and not much more than a Korean made Dimension. Man, as I said, deal of the century! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

It now says "pending" (and it is not me). Did one from here get it? If yes, then congrats! You scored the Spector deal of the century. A NS-2 (EMG Xs, Haz 9V, gloss finish) sans crown inlays in mint condition (at least when I sold it 4 months ago, home use only) for £2k? 2k?!? That's less than what a Euro costs and not much more than a Korean made Dimension. Man, as I said, deal of the century! 

Alas no... BUT...