Why become a member? ×

Public and personal Thank You!

The Burpster

[quote name='IncX' post='349657' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:09 PM']here's the news:

i have not received the money, and from what i head, i have NO PLANS to receive the money!

some of you here are just too ???? as far as i am concerned.

i never asked for donations, all i asked was moral support.

i did my best to be transparent to you guys ... but looks like you see me as some money hogging arse now? rubbing you the wrong way cause i said i thought about spending the money on credit card bills and then custom's tax?

this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth ....

i would like to thank the ppl who helped me in getting the bass ... and to those at the warwick forums, who for some reason wasnt bothered with the extra money in the fund gman created.

so there... you want it? you can have it!!!

do what you want with it.

i am thru posting updates here.

sheesh... i ddnt even receive a pm regarding the issue ... it really hurts.

i'd rather borrow and beg money rather than receive a SUPPOSSED DONATION that actually had a contract that said "you can only spend it on ____"

here's what i can say... the next time you make a donation, send one of those "agreement" letters with it.

ive always believed that donations were given from the heart... *lol* ... seems like it's not the case here.

to those who are concerned, i will be posting updates on the warwick forums. i am done here.[/quote]

Well there's gratitude for you :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='349678' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:29 PM']Well there's gratitude for you :)[/quote]

My thoughts exactly but there does appear to have been something going on behind the scenes involving PMs to the moderators from what shockwave has said.

Regardless, that post seems very uncalled for.

Edited by Waldo

[quote name='Waldo' post='349681' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM']My thoughts exactly but there does appear to have been something going on behind the scenes involving PMs to the moderators from what shockwave has said.[/quote]

Yes it would appear that way.

As someone who has donated and who has NOT been in touch with the mods or anyone regarding this via PM I would like my view on this to be known.

I donated to help Incx get his bass back to him. I would have thought that any customs bills would have been budgeted for by him as part of the initial deal but now we know that the bass was to be undervalued and so therefore we have a problem. I am more than happy that my donation goes towards these customs bills in order that he gets the bass but am not happy that any money of mine goes towards anyones credit cards bills as in my opinion there is a big difference.

Lets not forget that the culprit in all of this is still the man who was 'eternally sorry' but to date has offered NOTHING in the way of help or donation to anyone.

Steve

i have been nothing but thankful ...

but finding out that people wanted to REMAIN IN CONTROL of the money they supposedly donated, just does it for me...

-*-

its really ironic that the ppl who really helped me, ddnt ask for anything... while the ones who did nothing but enjoyed the hanging of jake, are now sooo concerned and sooo mad at how i am acting right now?

-*-

beedster, thank you sooo much for your donation!!!

gratitude enough?

and just to be honest, i dont even remember you actually. but oh well, if you donated, you donated and thank you so much for that again ...

-*-

to some of you:

now, i hope you'll get your money back or donate it to some charity ... or wait... maybe you would want your money back after finding out a Red Cross staff will actually use it to buy a toy for his middle income-grown kid?

if that's how SOME OF YOU feel about things... please do the world a great favor and DO NOT DONATE.

Sorry InxS,you just lost my support with your post

So the people who donated THEIR money to sending you YOUR lost bass,don't want THEIR money being used too pay for your Import duty and you come accross all Sh***y about it

Bro,seriousley,think about it,you had lost a $3000 bass,and the shipping money you had paid,through the hard work of forum members here,AND the generousity of these members too,they got the bass back for you AND paid to have it shipped to you-you COULD have lost EVERYTHING,now you just have to suck it up and pay the duties owed on the bass

Your agressive post was in very poor taste,and Uncalled for,it is afterall,THEIR money,and as said before,"There's gratitude for you" :)

anyway, this is the last time i will reply on this matter.

i will not answer PMs and i will block anyone wanting to make a court case about this.

these are the ppl i will be replying to:

Greg
Warwick Hunt
Bass Octopus
Florin
gman
shockwave
burpster
kiwi
steve norris
wayne punkdude
boo
DocB
Alexclaber

-*-

the rest of you ... just have a good time hanging me :) ... i mean, it was fun what yo did to jake right? so you can do that to me now!

-*-

and i ddnt say this before, but at least let me get this out of my chest:

while the whole thing with jake was going on and the threads were closed ...

i just find it amazing how it seemed like some of you were SOOOO MAD at Jake and you wanted to ban him, sue him, hang him, etc... when truth is, you have lost nothing at all.

i actually forgave Jake but noooohhhh... you just cant do that now can you? cause you have to be this voice of justice and show everyone what you think justice really is!

shame on you. you act like that when you have lost nothing at all ....

Edited by IncX

[quote name='Beedster' post='349675' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM']Hey Rob, don't be to quick to judge here mate, as you're aware, it's a complex and emotional issue. IncX's post above is both rude and naive given what the guys on here (and mostly you) have achieved. There is a degree of anger at Jake in many people's responses so that should be taken into account (if people have given money they should be allowed some say in where and how it is dsiposed of). Note also that IncX would have had to pay the duty anyway, so of course BCers should not be paying that.
BC can't have a a bad name through this, there is just a degree of differing opinion. If a few guys have been prats, what's new :)[/quote]

[b]I agree that IncX could have dealt with the donations better.[/b] I agree that IncX should have paid for the taxes as he would of if the bass was sent to him by jake initially.

[b]To clarify[/b] what i am angry at is members that have had a problem with the situation and instead of taking the bull by the horns and contacting IncX directly about the donation issue, decided to contact moderators who have no real obligation to help, who then asked ME to deal with it.

If you notice i have tried to be a neutral party about this during the entire investigation, recovery and shipping. I have never engaged in any of the negativity that the recent threads have created, Yet i am nominated to air the views of the negative users?! WTF!

So due to the attitudes and bad will that has constantly whirled around the situation i have now snapped. I am completely through with many of you, the burpster with kind words earlier mentioned i had the patience and attitude of a saint. Well unfortunatly i do not as i now cant stomach dealing with this situation anymore. I dont want to hear anything derogatory towards jake or Reouel, i dont want to hear the words Warwick, or shipping or import taxes anything. I wish now that my hand in the whole process of getting the bass to rouel wasent as public as it was. The entire situation could have been dealt with via PM's which i wish it had.

Remember Beed you yourself left the forum due to a certain minority of users for a long time. (I am happy your back though!)

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Lorne' post='349699' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM']Sorry InxS,you just lost my support with your post

So the people who donated THEIR money to sending you YOUR lost bass,don't want THEIR money being used too pay for your Import duty and you come accross all Sh***y about it

Bro,seriousley,think about it,you had lost a $3000 bass,and the shipping money you had paid,through the hard work of forum members here,AND the generousity of these members too,they got the bass back for you AND paid to have it shipped to you-you COULD have lost EVERYTHING,now you just have to suck it up and pay the duties owed on the bass

Your agressive post was in very poor taste,and Uncalled for,it is afterall,THEIR money,and as said before,"There's gratitude for you" :)[/quote]

+1

IncX, you don't deserve the goodwill most on here have shown you.

Chris

[quote name='Shockwave' post='349705' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:45 PM'][b]I agree that IncX could have dealt with the donations better.[/b] I agree that IncX should have paid for the taxes as he would of if the bass was sent to him by jake initially.

[b]To clarify[/b] what i am angry at is members that have had a problem with the situation and instead of taking the bull by the horns and contacting IncX directly about the donation issue, decided to contact moderators who have no real obligation to help, who then contacted ME to deal with it.

If you notice i have tried to be a neutral party about this during the entire investigation, recovery and shipping. I have never engaged in any of the negativity that the recent threads have created, Yet i am nominated to air the views of the negative users?! WTF!

So due to the attitudes and bad will that has constantly whirled around the situation i have now snapped. I am completely through with many of you, the burpster with kind words earlier mentioned i had the patience and attitude of a saint. Well unfortunatly i do not as i now cant stomach dealing with this situation anymore. I dont want to hear anything derogatory towards jake or Reouel, i dont want to heat the words Warwick, or shipping or import taxes anything. I wish now that my hand in the whole process of getting the bass to rouel was as public as it was. The entire situation could have been dealt with via PM's which i wish it had.[/quote]

It clearly isn't fair to get your or the moderators involved in the matter as neither of you have any obligations to anyone.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='349705' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:45 PM'][b]I agree that IncX could have dealt with the donations better.[/b] I agree that IncX should have paid for the taxes as he would of if the bass was sent to him by jake initially.

[b]To clarify[/b] what i am angry at is members that have had a problem with the situation and instead of taking the bull by the horns and contacting IncX directly about the donation issue, decided to contact moderators who have no real obligation to help, who then contacted ME to deal with it.

So due to the attitudes and bad will that has constantly whirled around the situation i have now snapped. I am completely through with many of you, the burpster with kind words earlier mentioned i had the patience and attitude of a saint. Well unfortunatly i do not as i now cant stomach dealing with this situation anymore. I dont want to hear anything derogatory towards jake or Reouel, i dont want to hear the words Warwick, or shipping or import taxes anything. I wish now that my hand in the whole process of getting the bass to rouel wasent as public as it was. The entire situation could have been dealt with via PM's which i wish it had.

Remember Beed you yourself left the forum due to a certain minority of users for a long time. (I am happy your back though!)[/quote]

Fair points Rob, although I think all of the grief goes with the territory when you're dealing with people and their money! By the way, I had a similar issue on here and got very little support, so IncX, who let's face it only came on here to get his bass back, should be bloody grateful :)
Rob, you did a great job, this stuf is just the dust settling.
Chris

[quote name='IncX' post='349690' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:37 PM']i

-*-

beedster, thank you sooo much for your donation!!!

gratitude enough?

and just to be honest, i dont even remember you actually. but oh well, if you donated, you donated and thank you so much for that again ...

-*-

to some of you:

now, i hope you'll get your money back or donate it to some charity ... or wait... maybe you would want your money back after finding out a Red Cross staff will actually use it to buy a toy for his middle income-grown kid?

if that's how SOME OF YOU feel about things... please do the world a great favor and DO NOT DONATE.[/quote]

Soo rude

[quote name='Beedster' post='349675' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM']Hey Rob, don't be to quick to judge here mate, as you're aware, it's a complex and emotional issue. IncX's post above is both rude and naive given what the guys on here (and mostly you) have achieved. There is a degree of anger at Jake in many people's responses so that should be taken into account (if people have given money they should be allowed some say in where and how it is dsiposed of). Note also that IncX would have had to pay the duty anyway, so of course BCers should not be paying that.
BC can't have a a bad name through this, there is just a degree of differing opinion. If a few guys have been prats, what's new :)[/quote]

I have to agree with that.

[quote name='IncX' post='349703' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:44 PM']shame on you.[/quote]
No Reuel, shame on you. Your last few posts have been unbelievably rude and ungrateful to a community that got your f*cking bass back for you.

I would happily take my donation back ... which was given in good faith and never questioned (including to mods or whoever). I would rather give it to the Big Issue seller at my tube station

Talk about destroying one's faith in human nature

Edited by Clarky

Well this is turning out well isn't it kids. :)

I donated to try and get the bass moving. Quite frankly I couldn't have given a damn if my money had gone to UPS/DHL or propped up Robert Mugabe.... it was a symbolic gesture.
And now, quite frankly, I find IncX's responses posted above to be gobsmackingly arrogant and conceited. Not good form.

Edited by coasterbass

Personally, I didn't contribute to this situation financially for my own personal reasons. And after reading the latest in this sorry saga I'm glad I didn't.
Reuel, money donated was to ship your bass.... customs is your responsibility. The fact that you asked for the bass to be falsely valued in order to save a few bucks on customs and now posted a gripe at the cost when this wasn't done, absolutely stinks IMO.
And why the attitude to most who stuck their hands in their pockets to get this bass to you?
Lets look at the facts...
Your first post was a cry for help - which was responded to.
Members on here (and I'm not talking about the Warwick forum) went out of their way to find out who the thief was - you was very pleased.
Members on here started a collection to get the bass to you - you were humbled and thankful.
Price for shipping = £250.00
Amount raised = £350.00
You stated that you were keeping the extra £100.00 to pay off credit card bills - several members suggested donating to local charity.
You post about 'extortionate' customs charges and indicate that you will use the extra £100.00 to part pay this charge. - several members are understandably upset about this and communicate this to mods etc to air their grievance.
You post how upset you are about the situation, DESPITE ALL THE POSITIVES MANY MEMBERS HAVE DONE FOR YOU and proceed to make rude unjust statements which are totally uncalled for.

It's no wonder many here now feel used and abused.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='349772' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:09 PM']Well this is turning out well isn't it kids. :)

I donated to try and get the bass moving. Quite frankly I couldn't have given a damn if my money had gone to UPS/DHL or propped up Robert Mugabe.... it was a symbolic gesture.
And now, quite frankly, I find IncX's responses posted above to be gobsmackingly arrogant and conceited. Not good form.[/quote]

He got pretty angry about the way the situation about the excess money was brought up to him (I.E through me) And would rather have individual people contact him about it. Due to this he has said to me he was hasty in his posts and were made in the heat of the moment.

I believe it is quite late in the phillipenes and has gone to bed, He may or may not comment again.

However i do retract my statement about not posting in sections other then the classified, I just got some decent advice via PM's.

Edited by Shockwave

I'm a little upset that this situation has turned sour. Can't we just be happy that he's getting his bass at last?

I donated money to get the bass to it's new owner, and then found out that there was an excess. I'm happy for it to be given to Reuel in this instance and for us to learn a lesson if this happens again that we'll need some kind of 'totaliser' like they have on Blue Peter to stop over-donation. I'm impressed that so many people stumped up money in the current economic climate, as I thought it would go the other way and that some poor BCer would have to make up the deficite. Why are people sending disgruntled comments to the Mods? I didn't.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='349791' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:19 PM']He has said to me he was hasty in his posts ... He may or may not comment again.[/quote]
Welcome back Shockwave, noone wanted you to leave and everyone appreciated your hard work in this matter

I don't care if its late, his comments were an affront to a lot of decent, helpful people on this site. He should bl**dy well apologise and retract.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='349791' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:19 PM']He got pretty angry about the way the situation about the excess money was brought up to him (I.E through me) And would rather have individual people contact him about it. He has said to me he was hasty in his posts and was in the heat of the moment. He is unlikely to retract them.

However i do retract my statement about not posting in sections other then the classified, I just got some decent advice via PM's.[/quote]

But he publically stated that he was using the excess to pay off either credit card bills and/or customs charges... both of which are not the contributors responsibility. He should have expected a little upset at those statements, regardless of where/who it comes from. I think he should retract those posts and pretty damn sharpish.

[quote name='tombboy' post='349796' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:24 PM']But he publically stated that he was using the excess to pay off either credit card bills and/or customs charges... both of which are not the contributors responsibility. He should have expected a little upset at those statements, regardless of where/who it comes from. I think he should retract those posts and pretty damn sharpish.[/quote]

It's none of my business anymore, If he wants to retract his comments he can. I do not support any camp for or against anymore. Everything can be dealt with PM's. If you want to talk about it with IncX then PM him. Reule said the wrong thing in the heat of the moment (And its not like anyone can say they have never done that) I sympathise and agree that peoples money should be spent on what it was intended for which is shipping the bass.

All I did was help to get the bass to the rightful owner and due to silly mistakes on reueles/Jakes and certain BC' members parts are essentially ruining the feeling i and many others have gotten from helping someone.

Edited by Shockwave