Deedee

Sold - Sandberg California PM4 Surf Green with Sandberg Gigbag - £750 New photos added
£750

Due to a recent road to Damascus moment, I’ve decided that I have far too much gear and I need to reduce my collection.

Here is my gorgeous 2006 Sandberg California PM4 in Surf Green complete with Sandberg gig bag.  This bass is in superb condition, plays wonderfully well and sounds great.  A great utility bass, you really can get a huge range of tones out of it.

•    Alder body with Maple neck and Rosewood board (no dot markers)
•    Off-white plate
•    Delano pickups
•    Active or passive (pull-up volume for passive)
•    Original Sandberg Gigbag

The paint on these is pretty thin so you can actually see where it has sunken into the grain of the wood.

Weight wise, if you like heavier basses – step this way.  It’s not ridiculously heavy but if lightweight is top of your criteria, it’s not going to be for you.

As usual collection or meet up preferred (I’m in South Yorkshire).  I will post at buyers expense to UK buyers only.

IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5916.JPG

IMG_5917.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

IMG_5919.JPG

IMG_5920.JPG

IMG_5921.JPG

IMG_5922.JPG

IMG_5923.JPG

IMG_5924.JPG

IMG_5925.JPG

IMG_5926.JPG

Edited by Deedee
now sold
  • Like 1

Gutted Dan. If it had been maple it would have been quarterly meeting at Hartshead. 

Fabulous bass at a superb price, from a terrific bloke. 

I think that somebody will be having sellers remorse in a few weeks.

26 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Gutted Dan. If it had been maple it would have been quarterly meeting at Hartshead. 

Fabulous bass at a superb price, from a terrific bloke. 

Cheers Karl, it really has been too long 😂

10 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Always a risk but I think not at the moment.  Bit of a cleansing process I think 😇    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

34 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

This. Quite frankly this is a rather good price for such an excellent bass. To quote a conversation I had with @Cuzzie, Sandbergs are the basses Fenders should be.

Also, their customer support is damn good. Even when it comes to used instruments. Certainly can’t say that of too many companies these days!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

This. Quite frankly this is a rather good price for such an excellent bass. To quote a conversation I had with @Cuzzie, Sandbergs are the basses Fenders should be.

Also, their customer support is damn good. Even when it comes to used instruments. Certainly can’t say that of too many companies these days!

It is a great bass.  

I shall be completely honest.  The only reason (and it really is the only reason) that I’ve not completely gelled with this bass is the fact that when I play a P bass, I more often than not ‘lock’ my thumb behind the pickup.  With this pickup being reversed, the position doesn’t feel entirely comfortable to me.  Being reversed it also (obviously) reduces the space between the pickups.  

This is all purely down to my odd hand positioning but there you go 🙄.  It’s built fantastically well, it sounds amazing but for me it doesn’t quite fit.

8 minutes ago, richardd said:

What is the weight please Dano ☺

It’s a bit of a weighty beast Rich.  Not Ibanez Musician heavy, but I’d liken it to one of the heavier Ernie Ball Stingrays (if that’s any help whatsoever) 😂

I’ve no means of weighing it but I’d say it’s certainly more between 9-10lbs than between 8-9lbs

What a fabulous colour. Have a free bump. I will be passing through South Yorkshire next Saturday if you still have it and are at home to visitors.

• Thanks 1

Lots of interest and trade offers but currently still for sale.

Come and grab it!!!

More photos added

D0052EEF-DF8E-4065-AD8B-DAD75B4FAC18.jpeg

79B49EF6-06F3-4EE6-9F2A-88798BBDEC9E.jpeg

04EF6441-D219-464A-8A3E-4D2BF0877178.jpeg

43F71C40-DAEE-4E1F-AFCA-9A19DC34CF06.jpeg

Edited by Deedee
Photos added