Why become a member? ×

Got my Sei Jazz 5 back home.! Pics..

bubinga5

After many years without "the one I shouldn't have let go", I've managed to get it back. 

I sold it to the previous/now owner, probably 8 years ago and I've missed it ever since. I asked him 2 years ago if he would let it go, but no joy, that and I didn't have the right cash.  By chance I messaged him, and he's looking to sell it.. Great timing or what.!

Its a stunning instrument, with THAT Sei loveliness, and the great U Retro.  Easily the best bass I've ever played. 

Thanks Steve.  

My excitement has got the better of me. After an 8 year wait, and a 6 hour drive, she's back. Nothing wrong with a Sire that I just sold but playing this, is just a totally different experience. Its just sublime. 

As I remember, its soooo light for a swamp ash 5 string. On my digital scales its 8.1 pounds. Adjustable string spacing from 19mm to 17.5 on the ABM bridge. 

I found out, It was made in the early 2000's, Has an Olive Wood top, Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard, Birdseye maple neck.  2 piece american swamp ash body, single coil Bartolini 59j's, East U retro ( I think). Im sure Molan and Gwillym can remember this bass. 

fullsizeoutput_2c8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2cd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2ce.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2c6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2cf.jpeg

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 4

Always great when you get a 'keeper' back .

I should've had that Modulus Jazz off of you when You had it up - another one , when I never had the funds at the time - nor did I when it was up for sale again with someone else .

Always wondered who ended up with that .

Persistence always pays off .

Nice one mate

I wish I could get my old Sei fretless Jazz back. I sold it back in 2012, cash was not abundant at the time and it was a case of "last in, first out". It was a stunner, and sounded amazing. Weighed practically nothing too. 

Although, of course, I could always commission Martin to make me another one. :D

265458_10150297076055376_3534571_o.thumb.jpg.e15efc3e7690be5d02f3042c6d0348eb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, E sharp said:

Always great when you get a 'keeper' back .

I should've had that Modulus Jazz off of you when You had it up - another one , when I never had the funds at the time - nor did I when it was up for sale again with someone else .

Always wondered who ended up with that .

Persistence always pays off .

Nice one mate

Yeah that Modulus was great. Got a pic I took of it.  Tone wasn't there for me though. I wonder also.? Come to think of it, I think I traded it for the SR5 in this pic. That Ostinato Jazz, 4th from the left was another great. Got it from the gallery. 

386688_262282437168722_1629684171_n.jpg

10411798_738301622900132_3847636826752835933_n.jpg

10390207_738301689566792_7955495143729815516_n.jpg

Edited by bubinga5

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I wish I could get my old Sei fretless Jazz back. I sold it back in 2012, cash was not abundant at the time and it was a case of "last in, first out". It was a stunner, and sounded amazing. Weighed practically nothing too. 

Although, of course, I could always commission Martin to make me another one. :D

265458_10150297076055376_3534571_o.thumb.jpg.e15efc3e7690be5d02f3042c6d0348eb.jpg

I love that, great pickup arrangement and the top is superb. 

I managed to buy back my old Overwater Jazz last year - should never have sold it, I was having sellers remorse before the buyer left with it...I never thought that I'd ever see it again TBH.

Snoop is currently selling my old Status Artist, I so want it back but it would mean that I had about 6 basses which I would "never sell" - you can't live like that though, can you? Just need to bite the bullet and let somebody else have the privilege of owning it... 

Glad you managed to get your Sei back...

• Thanks 1

On 28/03/2018 at 19:20, bubinga5 said:

Easily the best bass I've ever played. 

Can't be Andrew - surely that's the Maruszczyk Elwood 5 I bought from you!!! Stunning bass.

Pleased for you though - that Sei looks lovely & glad you've been reunited with it. 👍🏻

22 hours ago, Wilco said:

Can't be Andrew - surely that's the Maruszczyk Elwood 5 I bought from you!!! Stunning bass.

Pleased for you though - that Sei looks lovely & glad you've been reunited with it. 👍🏻

The Maruszczyk was really really lovely, so nice to play. But it wasn't a Sei.:biggrin:   Glad your enjoying the Elwood mate. :D