Jump to content
Left leaderboard
mcnach

Schecter Model T Session

Recommended Posts

I'm besotted by this thing. 

I don't need it... but I waaaant it. Really cool looking P/J, the right... everything. 

I hope I don't get to try one because if I like it I won't resist it. What a sexy beast...

 

 

SESSION%20MODEL-T%204%20ANS%20TILT.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Sunburst deleo model in about 2001.

wish I’d been a better player at the time, I just didn’t get it.

have hoped to bump into one since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I'm besotted by this thing. 

I don't need it... but I waaaant it. Really cool looking P/J, the right... everything. 

I hope I don't get to try one because if I like it I won't resist it. What a sexy beast...

Know what you mean. I felt exactly the same about this stable mate. "Fortunately" Schecters are almost impossible to try before you buy these days down South and the store in London wanted a £200 non refundable deposit before it would get one in! Their designs are lush I agree!

image.png.17c4a0632ab95f4715817bd15214b68a.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

This sits high upon my list at the moment 

18015164-6DB1-4574-B457-E6CBD51D8566.png

 

That's pretty sexy too... but the Schecter still calls me more, aesthetically. I wishe it cost £1544 like the Fender, that way I'd easily just forget it. However at £700ish... it's too tempting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mcnach said:

That's pretty sexy too... but the Schecter still calls me more, aesthetically. I wishe it cost £1544 like the Fender, that way I'd easily just forget it. However at £700ish... it's too tempting.

Under half the price AND you get an extra knob! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a smart piece of kit indeed! Just wish the purchase of one would make  me as creative a player as Robert DeLeo... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mcnach said:

I'm besotted by this thing. 

I don't need it... but I waaaant it. Really cool looking P/J, the right... everything. 

I hope I don't get to try one because if I like it I won't resist it. What a sexy beast...

 

 

SESSION%20MODEL-T%204%20ANS%20TILT.png

Yep, totally with you on this one @mcnach.  Awesome looker, and I'm well into PJ's at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just rediscovered my long-neglected daisy rock daisy rock elite bass, which is basically a schecter in a skirt. I set it up at the weekend and have been playing it a lot over the last few days. The duncan-designed soapbars and active eq can make a lovely clanking rock tone through the micro cube RX even with an old set of thomastic flats. I'd prefer it to have a bolt-on neck so I could shim it, but I've almost got the action as low as I'd like.

Its cool to see schecter/daisy rock similarities in that the model T has 'piano-key' block markers shaped like the pearloid ones on my daisy rock and the eight string schecter has a daisy rock headstock shape.

Stardust Elite Bass.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Conan said:

It is a smart piece of kit indeed! Just wish the purchase of one would make  me as creative a player as Robert DeLeo... :)

I had the Rob DeLeo model in black a few years ago. It wasn't one of my better buying decisions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LewisK1975 said:

Yep, totally with you on this one @mcnach.  Awesome looker, and I'm well into PJ's at the moment.

+1 for P/Js!

Here's one of my current favourite brand's "effort" at doing a P/J. IMHO it's not too shabby :):

Yamaha BB1025 Mk2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to say “if only they did it in a 5er”

 

...then a cursory google search revealed that they do! Arghhh :dash1:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mcnach said:

I'm besotted by this thing. 

I don't need it... but I waaaant it. Really cool looking P/J, the right... everything. 

I hope I don't get to try one because if I like it I won't resist it. What a sexy beast...

 

 

SESSION%20MODEL-T%204%20ANS%20TILT.png

Have mentioned this on another couple of threads but I'm extremely close to almost sort of thinking about taking steps towards considering getting one of these. 

Holding me back is the fact that you can get the Yamaha bb734a for the same price, a Sire P7 for two thirds the price, this is active only, and it can't be tried out. The look of it has got me hooked almost to the point of not caring about all that. The geezer in the above video isn't helping matters either as he's making it look and sound even better.

Schecters have a great rep and I suspect it'd be a nice bass, just a case of whether it feels right. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horrorhiker said:

Have mentioned this on another couple of threads but I'm extremely close to almost sort of thinking about taking steps towards considering getting one of these. 

Holding me back is the fact that you can get the Yamaha bb734a for the same price, a Sire P7 for two thirds the price, this is active only, and it can't be tried out. The look of it has got me hooked almost to the point of not caring about all that. The geezer in the above video isn't helping matters either as he's making it look and sound even better.

Schecters have a great rep and I suspect it'd be a nice bass, just a case of whether it feels right. 

 

I agree with all of the above. It just looks so good! I’m a real fan of the early 50’s slab body P bass look so this ticks many many boxes. I only wish it had a passive tone control but I’m sure I’d be able to get that added later on at @thebassgallery. I’ve already had a similar mod done to my previously active-only Sandberg Electra VS4 so I know it’s doable...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...oh and a little look online shows that the American prices of these puts them more in line with cheaper basses over here. That's psychological to some extent but considering this over here is the same price as a used US Fender Jazz or P, and it really should be more the price of a new Mexican one gives me slight pause. 

If it was £100 less I would have bought it a few weeks ago for definate. The price they're asking just nudges it into very stiff competition and anything over £600 is not puntable, for me. 

Edited by Horrorhiker
Not wanting to get political.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I agree with all of the above. It just looks so good! I’m a real fan of the early 50’s slab body P bass look so this ticks many many boxes. I only wish it had a passive tone control but I’m sure I’d be able to get that added later on at @thebassgallery. I’ve already had a similar mod done to my previously active-only Sandberg Electra VS4 so I know it’s doable...

It's amazing that there isn't much choice when looking for a 50s style P bass. It's basically between very cheap or expensive as far as I can see.  A bit of customisation and they look incredible as we can see with this. Its funny though as at first glance this looked a little garish to me but it has infiltrated my brain after a while to quickly become the best looking thing I'm considering. 

Edited by Horrorhiker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Found this on the same guy’s channel:

 

 

Oooh, not bad! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Horrorhiker said:

Have mentioned this on another couple of threads but I'm extremely close to almost sort of thinking about taking steps towards considering getting one of these. 

Holding me back is the fact that you can get the Yamaha bb734a for the same price, a Sire P7 for two thirds the price, this is active only, and it can't be tried out. The look of it has got me hooked almost to the point of not caring about all that. The geezer in the above video isn't helping matters either as he's making it look and sound even better.

Schecters have a great rep and I suspect it'd be a nice bass, just a case of whether it feels right. 

 

 

Ha ha! You go first then and tell me what you think ;)

The Yamaha is a good bass for sure... but not really my thing visually. I have to like it, as well as feel nice and sound good. Does it come in maple fingerboard?

The Sire P7 is probably nice too. Does it come in maple fingerboard? 

I don't mind not having a passive option, although it did save me once because I thought I had replaced the battery that year and I hadn't (on my Stingray, which has a MMSR preamp with a bypass switch)... generally I'm good at keeping tabs: I write the date on batteries, and even have a spreadsheet with that information for my basses. But it's not fool-proof, as it was shown to me during a gig last year :D

The look is very attractive to me. I have a thing for natural ash/maple/black. It looks 'warm', it makes me want to take it and play it... hard to describe.... and it seems to make the right kind of sounds. What puts me off is... I could try it, and immediately know "this is not for me". I can check neck profile, dimensions, weight... but I need to actually have it in my hands before I know. Yes, I am sure I would be able to play it just fine... but I don't *need* a new bass, so I only want it if it "speaks" to me. It would not be the first time I'm attracted to a bass, on paper, then I try a few examples and decide that I don't really like them.

Right now I'm playing a lot this Squier Mike Dirnt Precision. I ended up finding a nice lacquered maple fingerboard neck that fitted so I put it on it... it's a very comfy and light bass and I replaced the pickup... I love it. And I was just thinking about adding a preamp,, and possibly a second pickup, when the Schecter showed up. 

Hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I agree with all of the above. It just looks so good! I’m a real fan of the early 50’s slab body P bass look so this ticks many many boxes. I only wish it had a passive tone control but I’m sure I’d be able to get that added later on at @thebassgallery. I’ve already had a similar mod done to my previously active-only Sandberg Electra VS4 so I know it’s doable...

 

My plan for the Squier Mike Dirnt was to keep the passive tone control, but add a mid-sweep module to it. I realised that bass is not something I generally want to tweak much... so I'm happy with whatever the bass has. If I need to change it, I go to the amp right at the beginning, and that's a setting I won't tough again. I like the way a passive tone control works, so I'd keep that. It's on the mids where I really want more control. A mid-sweep module covering anything between 100-1000/2000Hz gives me huge range to get the sound I want just right. So that's just one knob (concentric), and I can easily put volume/tone onto another concentric pot, keeping it simple.

But *if* I did get the Schecter... I'd probably wait and just do that to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mcnach said:

 

Ha ha! You go first then and tell me what you think ;)

The Yamaha is a good bass for sure... but not really my thing visually. I have to like it, as well as feel nice and sound good. Does it come in maple fingerboard?

The Sire P7 is probably nice too. Does it come in maple fingerboard? 

I don't mind not having a passive option, although it did save me once because I thought I had replaced the battery that year and I hadn't (on my Stingray, which has a MMSR preamp with a bypass switch)... generally I'm good at keeping tabs: I write the date on batteries, and even have a spreadsheet with that information for my basses. But it's not fool-proof, as it was shown to me during a gig last year :D

The look is very attractive to me. I have a thing for natural ash/maple/black. It looks 'warm', it makes me want to take it and play it... hard to describe.... and it seems to make the right kind of sounds. What puts me off is... I could try it, and immediately know "this is not for me". I can check neck profile, dimensions, weight... but I need to actually have it in my hands before I know. Yes, I am sure I would be able to play it just fine... but I don't *need* a new bass, so I only want it if it "speaks" to me. It would not be the first time I'm attracted to a bass, on paper, then I try a few examples and decide that I don't really like them.

Right now I'm playing a lot this Squier Mike Dirnt Precision. I ended up finding a nice lacquered maple fingerboard neck that fitted so I put it on it... it's a very comfy and light bass and I replaced the pickup... I love it. And I was just thinking about adding a preamp,, and possibly a second pickup, when the Schecter showed up. 

Hmmm...

Lets go together ha ha! 

I think no on the Yamaha maple but yes on the Sire. The Sire is actually quite close on my wish list. The natural Swamp Ash Maple neck P7 sounds like it could tick some of your boxes? It has white block inlays rather than black which would make it look that much better though. 

I am after a new main bass and it will be one of the ones on my list but I can only get near the Yamaha which felt amazing but quite on a 'i'll get my wallet out right now' level. Very nearly though. If I'm looking to order blind, it feels safer to do it on a £500 bass than a £700 one. Returning stuff does my head in. 

If Andertons are reading this...put the thing in a sale. Please. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By quimbymeat
      For sale is my lovely Ampeg B15n made in 1972, this comes with a brand new maplin stepdown transformer as the amp is on American voltage. 
      I bought this last year and have only used it a handful of times... this deserves a better home.
      some of the Tolex needs a wee touch up on one side with glue if you want but I thought it’s fine, 1 x 15 original speaker and it’s front ported.
      The owner I bought it from said he picked it up from the Andy Baxter shop in London and he picked this out of the others because it was more punchy than the rest.
      I love to bridge the channels to get amazing tube grind.
      pickup in Glasgow or pay £70 to £100 extra for shipping( I can get an official quote once I get it boxed up)
      this amp is a bargin and sounds perfect.
       
      location, Glasgow 
       
       















    • By discreet
      GAS - Yes, But Why..?
      Plenty of threads about GAS on this here board, but what I want to know is...
      WHY? Let's see... you already have a really great bass, one that you lusted after and planned to get. You like it a lot, it suits the kind of work you're doing, it plays really well, it sounds really great, it looks really good, it's really comfortable to play, it suits the band, it sounds great recorded, it's well cool and everybody you meet says they love it, other bands compliment you on your great sound. It even photographs well! And of course, it's a 'keeper' and you'd never sell it! 
      I can understand (for example) wanting a couple of basses to cover all bases (ahem), such as a P and a J for sonic variation, or a P with flats and a P with rounds...
      But why are you constantly looking for something else beyond this? Just exactly what is driving you to become a bass collector of sorts? You can only play one bass at a time. Is it fear of missing out? Do you really think after all this time and all your experience of playing basses that 'the one' is still out there waiting for you to discover it??  Why would you risk moving on your 'perfect' bass and  buy what turns out to be a lesser bass, only to regret it later..?
      Enquiring and obviously not-occupied-enough minds need to know!
       
×
×
  • Create New...