Why become a member? ×

Amp top pedal stand - does such a thing exist?

Osiris

I occasionally use my Zoom MS-60B as a tuner and compressor on small gigs where it's standing room only and there's no room for my pedal board. I usually sit the pedal on top of my amp but it's sometimes awkward to see the screen when tuning so I'm looking for something to angle it up a bit. I've had a look online for something like this but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?
Or is there something else I can use to angle the pedal up?

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1508928728' post='3395379']
One of those foldable Mark Bass amp stands might do! They have velcro on the front so put velcro on the zoom and it may angle it up :) it may be too big though!
[/quote]

Ah! Good thinking. I have one of those Markbass amp wedge things. It isn’t really wide enough to fit more than a couple of pedals on it side by side though. A laptop stand might be more practical, depending on how much you’re trying to fit on.

Edit: just re-read the OP and seems it might well be perfect if the MS60b is all you’re using. You’ll have to make sure the underside of the pedal has the soft/loop side of Velcro appplied to it though as the MB amp wedge is covered with the rough hook side.

Edited by CameronJ

Cheers guys, some good suggestions here.
Something like a tablet stand or the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MB amp wedge could be the way to go as it's only for a single stomp box. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Al Krow, have you got a link for that wooden shelf like contraption, please? [/font][/color]

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1508920874' post='3395283']
Is that a childs 9 or big boy sizes Sid........
[/quote]

One of each, mate.
It's true what they say about us villagers. All of it.

Edited by Osiris

[quote name='Osiris' timestamp='1508950231' post='3395584']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Al Krow, have you got a link for that wooden shelf like contraption, please? [/font][/color]
[/quote]

The one I linked you to was solid oak - it's actually a book stand. I'd be inclined to get a bit of balsa or pine and knock something up yourself and save yourself the cost of a pedal!

How about one of these perspex document holders:-

http://www.desktop-innovations.co.uk/writing-slopes-and-document-holders/ergonomic-angled-document-holder-writing-slope/?gid=28&gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9HGLPGMi85m30S2cX0EFMNq36ZDqFHivOwzpN8H2R0Q5SaZeS-3c9hoCUskQAvD_BwE#colour:Clear

Edited by Painy

Try two lengths of pipe lagging inside each other. Tape round the length so that the seems meet as close as possible to each other to form an decently even tube which you can put under the effects pedal. You could add Velcro to keep it in place.
I use a small version of this under my bass cab to angle it off the floor by a couple of inches.