Why become a member? ×

Thomann flaky with communication?

markdavid

Hi
I don't usually post regarding customer service issues with websites, i try to give them a reasonable chance to rectify but Thomann have been worryingly flaky with communication.
Have recently bought a Beatbass from them, I have basses already (obviously) but I thought for the price why not, anyhow received the bass all in one piece, tuning was a little out so as anyone would I got out the tuner and proceeded to tune the bass, tuners felt kind of junky but is not an expensive bass, anyhow before I reached pitch on the D string the tuner managed to strip itself and the screw came out of the tuner, tried to screw it back in but it was not holding so contacted Thomann through the returns section on the website and sent a separate email shortly afterwards to describe more about the issue. The following morning I received an email asking me to email a video of the issue which I did first thing, sent a separate email shortly afterwards to try and help move things along saying hopefully the video makes the issue clearer and describing again the issue , no response just an automated email from them.
This morning came and I dropped them an email to chase up on my returns request and sent a message through the website and nothing from them apart from an automated email, I know I am probably being impatient and I know Thomann have a good reputation so I am confident that they will sort out the issue but I have never had to wait this long to get a response about an rma

Phone them. No way they can avoid it then. I could see it taking time if a refund or money off was being asked for but not a straight return.

Number is [color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=4]+49-9546-9223-476[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=4]Is it still in the 30 days period ?[/size][/font][/color]

I hope (and believe) Thomann will sort this for you, if, it seems, a little slowly.

I bought an EBS Reidmar 750 from them last year. It was clearly not new - scrapes on the amp, paint chipped and the packaging damaged. They asked for pics, which I sent. They replaced the amp without question in a few days.

Frank.

I ordered something but put the wrong postcode. In the confirmation email it said email your customer support agent (it told me who it was, too) if there were any problems with the order. So I did, immediately. A couple of days later after it had been dispatched they replied :(

Interesting. Yesterday I attempted to make my first purchase from Thomann (not bass related, I'm afraid!), and something screwed up with the order process meaning it didn't complete - so I'm left with a €325 payment pending on my Paypal account and no actual order, as far as I can tell.

Emailed them this morning but so far have heard sod-all. Not too much of a problem as I can get PP to cancel the transaction, but unfortunate as Thomann beat everyone else's price on this item (a Fishman Tripleplay MIDI guitar pickup) by £50 - £100!

as far as I'm concerned unless a company can reply to an email practically instantly (or at the very least within a few hours) they shouldn't suggest it as a form of contact at all. Too many companies put an email address seemingly for the sake of it!

I've always had positive experiences with thomann. I ordered a Sire V7. It arrived 2 days later. 2 days. ! I admit email was slow at getting back, so I just called them. Much easier, alas a bit more expensive. I sent it back on a monday, and I got a refund by Wednesday. Definitely phone them.

Much easier and quicker

Edited by bubinga5