Jump to content

The Yamaha BB mega-thread


Al Krow

Recommended Posts

On 09/04/2021 at 20:39, Richard Jinman said:

Are there any BB1100s players out there who have found another BB (or another non Yamaha bass) with the same neck profile. If you’ve got one you’ll know how good it feels... incredibly flat, a little wider than a jazz. I bought a BB1600 and a Bb2000 assuming they would have necks that were similar or the same. I was wrong: they feel much thicker, more akin to a P neck. So, is the 1100s neck shared by another vintage BB or will I just have to find another 1100s?

I've never played an 1100, but that sounds like a good description of the neck on my BB800.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pricing a BB1600 

I have a BB1600 I’m thinking of shifting on here but I’m genuinely unsure about a price. I’ve just sold my BB2000 and I’m going to keep my 1100s. Anyway, the 1600 is black with gold tuners etc and has plenty of cosmetic dings, but is a great player. I don’t have the original case so it travels in a Gator. Obviously, things are worth what someone’s prepared to pay for them etc etc, but I’d appreciate some thoughts on a starting price. Thanks.

Edited by Richard Jinman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Richard Jinman said:

Pricing a BB1600 

I have a BB1600 I’m thinking of shifting on here but I’m genuinely unsure about a price. I’ve just sold my BB2000 and I’m going to keep my 1100s. Anyway, the 1600 is black with gold tuners etc and has plenty of cosmetic dings, but is a great player. I don’t have the original case so it travels in a Gator. Obviously, things are worth what someone’s prepared to pay for them etc etc, but I’d appreciate some thoughts on a rough idea on a starting price. Thanks.

They don’t come up often - and are well thought of due to the Tony Kanal connection.

They’re often listed as BB-X in Japan (think there’s a slight variation on VVT Bs VTSwitch.

I’d say between £500 and £800. Happy to be wrong.

One in Wine Red sold on here for £450 about 5 years ago. So I’m about right.

I got offered a lovely 1600 for about £800 a year ago and all that stopped me was that it was in San Francisco and the import duty would’ve been massive.

it was a later model in a metallic blue/green. 

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ve messaged the seller. It’d cost the same in fuel for me to go and get it.

Offered to have it collected by a courier and she’s said “someone’s just messaged to say they’ll collect tomorrow...”

🤨😔

Hey Andy, I've got one that I don't really use. Still fretless. One very bad ding to the back of body (in fact a small chunk of wood missing). I'm not at home now, will post pics later. Bought in 2015 from a nice Basschatter named Rich, we met up at King's X Station. I paid £150 then and would want £90 now. I also wouldn't be able to organise a box as all guitar stores are closed here in Edinburgh. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, such said:

Hey Andy, I've got one that I don't really use. Still fretless. One very bad ding to the back of body (in fact a small chunk of wood missing). I'm not at home now, will post pics later. Bought in 2015 from a nice Basschatter named Rich, we met up at King's X Station. I paid £150 then and would want £90 now. I also wouldn't be able to organise a box as all guitar stores are closed here in Edinburgh. 

Cool. If it’s not too much bother - fire me over some pics. 
 

If I don’t jump on it...I’m sure someone here will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/04/2021 at 17:27, AndyTravis said:

Cool. If it’s not too much bother - fire me over some pics. 
 

If I don’t jump on it...I’m sure someone here will.

I've played it for the first time in ages and I don't think it's available anymore 😅

IMG_20210412_145520_edit_426757548533836.jpg

IMG_20210412_161306.jpg

IMG_20210412_161301.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With headstock and quote

5231371_orig.jpg

From a 1988 interview:

"The Fender Precision is my instrument, my beloved Precisions. I've tried lots of different guitars, including some Lados, and they felt great and were really well made, but the sound just seemed to lack richness in the bottom end."

Edited by Ricky Rioli
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ricky Rioli said:

This headstock and quote

5231371_orig.jpg

From a 1988 interview:

"The Fender Precision is my instrument, my beloved Precisions. I've tried lots of different guitars, including some Lados, and they felt great and were really well made, but the sound just seemed to lack richness in the bottom end."

Oooh magic. 
 
Imagine a BB-SH.

Clank Clank Clank...with a West Ham Logo 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Oooh magic. 
 
Imagine a BB-SH.

Clank Clank Clank...with a West Ham Logo 😂

Has anyone put a set of 50-110 Rotosound flats on a BB1100S? 

Given that his Precision is 11½ lbs of maple, his idea of comfortable might not be entirely in tune with, say, mine 😬

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...