Why become a member? ×

Cables made in the UK?

project_c

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1486304209' post='3230686']
Now, not wishing for this to appear like a trolling post, surely the point of cables like OBBM removes the necessity of having "been doing this for years" in that you buy ones that last?
[/quote]

Mate, been playing a long time, losing cables out gigging / touring, damaging stuff on stage etc, all needs replacing in time due to wear. totally get what you mean if you just plug in at home an that, well made stuff will last ages. i dont have the luxury of a tech, so will knock up leads as i need them.

[quote name='drake' timestamp='1486334109' post='3231012']

Mate, been playing a long time, losing cables out gigging / touring, damaging stuff on stage etc, all needs replacing in time due to wear. totally get what you mean if you just plug in at home an that, well made stuff will last ages. i dont have the luxury of a tech, so will knock up leads as i need them.
[/quote]
Didn't think about loss, and guess that will be more of an issue touring than gigging at the Tickled Trout :D

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1486336216' post='3231027']
Didn't think about loss, and guess that will be more of an issue touring than gigging at the Tickled Trout :D
[/quote]

Theft as well.
During a sound check (outside show) in Gibraltar, a Monkey ran off with our MD's, Piano mains lead,
along with a slice of his Pizza.... :D

I've not actually needed to buy any cables since I've been a BC member but given the amount of positive comments on this site I think even I would recommend OBBM!
Certainly if I do need any cables at any point in future then he will be my first port of call.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1486369229' post='3231072']
Theft as well.
During a sound check (outside show) in Gibraltar, a Monkey ran off with our MD's, Piano mains lead,
along with a slice of his Pizza.... :D
[/quote]

Brilliant! I've had support bands hurriedly ripping out leads when clearing the stage after their set and taking or unplugging what the shouldn't but never had drama with a monkey! Did he get a beer from the rider too??

Edited by drake

At the risk of sounding repetitive, OBBM made my up some interconnections for my pedal board and some odd, bespoke connectors with very non standard jack/phono combinations. All top notch last-a-lifetime quality.

I would really like to buy more cables from him but there's just one thing stopping me. All my other cables are Cleartones and they resolutely refuse to break. Next ones will be OBBM ones though.

I've been making up my own cables since I got my first electric guitar back in the mid 70s. However when I needed some new ones 5 years ago, I found that OBBM was only slightly more expensive than the cost of the components to make my own, and certainly after I'd figured in the cost of my time to do it, he was much cheaper!

These days I'd only be making up my own cables again if I had a large number to do (at least 50) and a lot of them were very specific lengths and connector combinations. Otherwise It's a lot less hassle (and more me more cost-effective) to pay for someone like OBBM to make them for me.

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1486389948' post='3231318']
I would really like to buy more cables from him but there's just one thing stopping me. . . .
[/quote]
Me too. . . . Dave's cables don't break (and I have spares) so I really don't need any more.