Why become a member? ×

New York New York

gs_triumph

Never got to go in any music store when i went last year, however for randomly cool music stuff the hard rock cafe in time square is cool, and be sure to checkout some of the bars, i managed to catch one of my favourite bands "You Bred Raptors?" playing in a awesome place called the Manderley Bar, in an old hotel called the Mckittrick hotel which is now used as a setting for a play called speak no more which is based on Macbeth.....didnt see the play but found an awesome little venue!

[quote name='gs_triumph' timestamp='1477732817' post='3164072']
Hi guys, I'm heading to New York for a week next month and wondered if anyone knew of any music stores that were worth making an effort to get to?

(or any other lesser known things that are worth finding)
[/quote]

Love the fact you're going for a visit, but the New York thing has been covered here a ton of times.

Do yourself a favour and use the search facility, you will find all the answers you're looking for. Shops, eateries, itineraries, factory tours, things to go up and how to get around.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1477734571' post='3164084']
Never got to go in any music store when i went last year, however for randomly cool music stuff the hard rock cafe in time square is cool, and be sure to checkout some of the bars, i managed to catch one of my favourite bands "You Bred Raptors?" playing in a awesome place called the Manderley Bar, in an old hotel called the Mckittrick hotel which is now used as a setting for a play called speak no more which is based on Macbeth.....didnt see the play but found an awesome little venue!
[/quote]

Will keep that in mind. Only a ten mint taxi ride from our hotel

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1477751912' post='3164285']

Love the fact you're going for a visit, but the New York thing has been covered here a ton of times.

Do yourself a favour and use the search facility, you will find all the answers you're looking for. Shops, eateries, itineraries, factory tours, things to go up and how to get around.
[/quote]

I did use search and in three pages of results there is nothing about new york mainly because the words 'new' and 'york' bring up a lot of results individually.

I wasnt really looking for the normal things as they are covered in all the tourist guides. I was thinking about things off the beaten track that have been off interest to fellow musos.

[quote name='gs_triumph' timestamp='1477756886' post='3164330']
I did use search and in three pages of results there is nothing about new york mainly because the words 'new' and 'york' bring up a lot of results individually.

I wasnt really looking for the normal things as they are covered in all the tourist guides. I was thinking about things off the beaten track that have been off interest to fellow musos.
[/quote]

Okaaaay. To search on a string, try using inverted commas ("New York") and limiting your search to the General Discussion and Off Topic forums. I found five or six threads in about ten seconds.

Seriously, New York has honestly been done to death. There's a ton of strong information already. Trust me.

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1477832549' post='3164679']
Take a warm coat - four feet of snow is not unusual this time of year
[/quote]

This! -12 to -14 isn't unusual in winter there. My highlights when I was there were "Manny's" and "Chumley's"; sadly both of which are long gone in their original form.