Why become a member? ×

Hells Bells

Kev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='303732' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:45 AM']anyone seen these? they any good?? supposed to be 'thebest in the country', we have them playing at our bar next wednesday, havnt sold too many tickets as of yet, just wondering what to expect[/quote]

Hells bells are just one big revolving door of musicians. The Leader of the band is unbearable and very unlikeable. He has the ego the size of a skyscraper and shows.

A friend of mine is the bass player and he just cant stand it and would leave if it wasent for the money.

Rob.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='303737' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:50 AM']Hells bells are just one big revolving door of musicians. The Leader of the band is unbearable and very unlikeable. He has the ego the size of a skyscraper and shows.

A friend of mine is the bass player and he just cant stand it and would leave if it wasent for the money.

Rob.[/quote]

:) :huh: :huh:

He's likely to get sacked if the ego maniac sees that!

[quote name='neepheid' post='303738' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:52 AM']Isn't every tribute band "the best in the country" if you listen to what they say? :)[/quote]

Ours is - except nobody listens!

I don't know 'Hells Bells' but however brilliant they pale into the background when compared to Humberside's AC DC trib band , the best named trib band on the planet.
Would you believe 'Highway to Hull'.

I've never seen them but I just want to shake their hands!!

Saw them post Caricatures practice in the Reckless Engineer. They had a proper band argument, and had a load of kids about apparently doing work experience as road crew. Then the played ridiculously loudly considering both the dozen people there and the fact I'd just been locked in a small room playing our stuff for 4 hours, so it must have been loud for me to even hear.

Seen both Hells Bells and Live Wire and for my money Hells Bells were better. HOWEVER as someone above states only the rhythm guitarist and vocalist are left from the first time I saw them. They also had a very annoying habit of playing a first set of covers, the worst being Jump by VH (I HATE that song!!!). Saw Hells Bells last June and they weren't as good as first few times seen, they've lost something with the change of Angus IMO. Met them at a Motorhead gig in Brizzle and they seemed ok guys.

I also saw a geordie 'DC covers band at one of the "Music Live" events demonstrating Marshall gear and they were excellent, can't for the life of me remember their name though.

As for covers bands don't think you can beat Limehouse Lizzie for me!

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='303921' date='Oct 10 2008, 02:54 PM']Yes, Limehouse Lizzy are brilliant ( Live and Dangerous played live....wow ) and also seen [u][b]The Australian Pink Floyd [/b][/u]and they were note for note Floyd with a very similar light show.[/quote]

Yep me to saw them at the Cousldon Hall in Bristol, shut your eyes and you were almost there! G2 (Genesis covers) were also very good and the bassist had some excellent moog peddles (although the volume was strangely turned down)

Dirty DC and Livewire are prob the best DC tribs in the UK at the moment....

Other recommended tributes include:

Limehouse Lizzy
Are You Experienced
and of course...... the fabulous KISS tribute 'Dressed To Kill' who are not simply the 'best in the country'.... they are the "World's Longest Running KISS Tribute", "Europe's #1 KISS Tribute" and "the [i]personal[/i] choice of Gene Simmons" :)

....but then I would say that :huh:

Edited by cetera

I am pretty sure I saw Dressed to Kill at the old Robin in Brierly Hill.

Years ago when I was doing the working mens club thing with a female vocalist I wanted to form a tribute band called Alarming Morissette.

It's possibly the best band name I have ever come up with.

P.

[quote name='farmer61' post='303914' date='Oct 10 2008, 02:48 PM']I also saw a geordie 'DC covers band at one of the "Music Live" events demonstrating Marshall gear and they were excellent, can't for the life of me remember their name though.[/quote]

We were called "Back In Black" but we've since gone our separate ways. The "Angus" in that Band is now the "Angus" for Livewire. :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='304698' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:20 AM']We were called "Back In Black" but we've since gone our separate ways. The "Angus" in that Band is now the "Angus" for Livewire. :)[/quote]
Saw you at one of the conventions in Wrexham. Bloody superb I might add!!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='304034' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:55 PM']We're going out with Limehouse Lizzy for a few dates in and around North Yorks next year. Looking forward to that one. Can't recall the venues but I know the town hall in Masham is one of them.[/quote]

Good Evening Dr Dave

That sounds like a mighty fine evening of good music so please post the dates when you have them

Thanks

Tony

It's impossible to say who is "the best" unless you've seen them all. I suppose you could visit all the tribute band's websites to hear what they sound like. Some tributes go the whole hog - appearance & sound. I looked at Status Quo tributes recently and by far the best sounding were the band who didn't really try and sell themselves as "the best" and just went for a sound tribute.

Still fun, depending on your beer intake for the evening :)