Why become a member? ×

Questionable Precision

Roger2611

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-PRECISION-79-/162244145811?hash=item25c6813293:g:1wgAAOSw8w1X7PsO

This one looks an oddity to me, no serial number on the headstock which a 1979 bass would have, nitro type checking on the rear of the body which I think has had a poor quality repair done as the rest of the body looks period correct thick poly finish, the colour looks right for a bass of this age, I wonder if it is an earlier bass than the seller reckons?

Seems a bit pricey to me considering the mods / repair and lack of serial number

I asked him if the neck had been refurbed. Message from the seller -

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hi, Thanks for the question and yes your correct.[/font][/color]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Some years ago I part refinished the neck, stopped at the main decal though - thought I was out of my depth. The bass has all the period mod's that became available and were the thing at the time, bridge, pickups extra string retainer and a hipshot. It was the thing to do and options were very limited its a great bass though. If your able too you should come and check it out.[/font][/color]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Best regards[/font][/color]

[color=#231F20][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Wayne[/font][/color]

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1476816428' post='3157570']
I 'think' you and I may know the seller! :huh:
[/quote]
[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1476987360' post='3159069']
I quite like Wayne too, had some very friendly dealings with him and it's always a pleasure to chat to him.
[/quote]

I always thought he hated Precisions?

Or was it just Sunburst ones?