Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='858472' date='Jun 5 2010, 09:22 PM']Here's mine as of today, sorry for the terrible photo :)

I'll be upgrading to a PT-2 when I can find one for sale at a reasonable price. I'll also make some decent cables once I've decided on a set-up.[/quote]

I've upgraded from a Diago to a PT-2 recently - it's a good move, lots of space on there and it's easy to keep things neat and tidy. Only issue I have is the flight case weighs a tonne - but I can live with that!

Finally got round to bringing this home from the practice room and took some photos of it:

EBS Multicomp - Digitech bass Synth Wah (used for octaver only) - Dunlop 105Q wah - Fulltone bass drive - Sansamp VT bass - Carbon Copy - Nano Small Stone Phaser - Barge Concepts Blend/Loop box

i made the pedal board myself and being that i'm no carpenter (and most things i do turn out looking like they were assembled in the dark) i'm actually really chuffed with how it turned out. Couple of nice touces (i think!) are the raised back of the board so it angles towards me and i can slide my mic stand underneath and the riser that the Phaser and Delay are on... that way the leads going to and from the Loop box pass underneath and it saves space.

Raised Back:

Raised Platform:

however! just been in the studio recording a bunch of songs i had rehearsed with this board and i only ended up using the VT, Fulltone and blend! everything else just seemed unnecessary once i had a good sound going...

ah well it was fun puting it together!

Here it is, nearly ready....
[attachment=51641:2010_0608_000347AA.JPG]

This handles bass, guitar and twin neck and routes to guitar and bass amps. There's one effect loop and a hardwired bypass. It also supports a stereo mode (for the 4001) which routes the pickups to different amps, with either pickup sent via the effects loop.

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='860584' date='Jun 8 2010, 12:15 AM']Here it is, nearly ready....

This handles bass, guitar and twin neck and routes to guitar and bass amps. There's one effect loop and a hardwired bypass. It also supports a stereo mode (for the 4001) which routes the pickups to different amps, with either pickup sent via the effects loop.[/quote]

Oh dear, I seem to have killed the thread.

I made the same move a month or so back and do have to say that the PT2 is infinitely better as it is angled and also really easy to hide cables and power supply etc. The flight case is a nightmare it is well made but just really big and heavy! I kept that but then also bought a new soft case which I seem to use all the time now and it is great.

[quote name='burno70' post='858668' date='Jun 6 2010, 09:48 AM']I've upgraded from a Diago to a PT-2 recently - it's a good move, lots of space on there and it's easy to keep things neat and tidy. Only issue I have is the flight case weighs a tonne - but I can live with that![/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='862099' date='Jun 9 2010, 02:07 PM']I made the same move a month or so back and do have to say that the PT2 is infinitely better as it is angled and also really easy to hide cables and power supply etc. The flight case is a nightmare it is well made but just really big and heavy! I kept that but then also bought a new soft case which I seem to use all the time now and it is great.[/quote]

That's a great idea - I could use the soft bag for praccy's and the flight case for gigs when there's more gear being shifted. Think I'll look into that!

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='862099' date='Jun 9 2010, 02:07 PM']I made the same move a month or so back and do have to say that the PT2 is infinitely better as it is angled and also really easy to hide cables and power supply etc. The flight case is a nightmare it is well made but just really big and heavy! I kept that but then also bought a new soft case which I seem to use all the time now and it is great.[/quote]
Just wondering... where can you buy the Pedaltrain cases separately?

I bought mine direct from the UK importer which is Sounds Great in Manchester I believe.

Speak to Gary up there and if you can't find the number then let me know as I have it on an invoice somewhere!

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='863246' date='Jun 10 2010, 01:46 PM']Just wondering... where can you buy the Pedaltrain cases separately?[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='863502' date='Jun 10 2010, 05:28 PM']I bought mine direct from the UK importer which is Sounds Great in Manchester I believe.

Speak to Gary up there and if you can't find the number then let me know as I have it on an invoice somewhere![/quote]
Cheers. I may have the need to get hold of a hard case soon, so that's good to know. :)

[quote name='crez5150' post='863253' date='Jun 10 2010, 01:49 PM']Update to my Disco/Funk Board....[/quote]

Never tried any of those Akais.

Mine is called maximum prog board.

Noticably different in this band to my previous boards which have always featured a boss OC-2 octaver and AW-2 auto-wah.

I miss them - but just don't need them at the mo.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='863821' date='Jun 10 2010, 10:59 PM']Played this at a jam session today:

Last time I take a board without a delay :facepalm:

I need to get a PT mini for times like these...[/quote]

dude, what's the micro phaser like - is it a 4-stage (phase 90-esque)??

[quote name='mcgraham' post='864112' date='Jun 11 2010, 10:25 AM']I love the PT Mini! So sleek and svelte, and forces you to be economical with your pedal choices.[/quote]

yeah, i'm a recent convert. plus, i don't like having to step over pedals when playing live, so having them all in a row is safer!!