Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

20 hours ago, nilorius said:

Pedal board - Rev ?

fx_09_2023.thumb.jpg.09ea2d25e2dc7bac7d024b5794b54d90.jpg

I want to know that I can use my pedalboard to smite down my enemy should someone try mugging me on my way home from a gig, rather than give them a muffled slap from a sofa cushion - but hey, maybe you're more into suffocating your assailants; you do you.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TeresaFR said:

I want to know that I can use my pedalboard to smite down my enemy should someone try mugging me on my way home from a gig, rather than give them a muffled slap from a sofa cushion - but hey, maybe you're more into suffocating your assailants; you do you.

I would recommend to you, to use your pedals on a golden table, all the time !

• Haha 1

Current iteration of the board just before we played today in Paisley. Need to fix my squinty fuzz. Never set it back in place since we recorded last month!

All in all enjoying the sounds, apart from it being somewhat cumbersome between the two preamps and the ms60b. Going forward looking to condense the functionality while keeping/enhancing the tone!

IMG_20230930_135635.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bassmidget209 said:

Current iteration of the board just before we played today in Paisley. Need to fix my squinty fuzz. Never set it back in place since we recorded last month!

All in all enjoying the sounds, apart from it being somewhat cumbersome between the two preamps and the ms60b. Going forward looking to condense the functionality while keeping/enhancing the tone!

IMG_20230930_135635.jpg

Loved the OFF1 although it just wasn’t quite right at the time for what I needed so swapped for the EAE Halberd. Do really want to pick one up again in future though. I struggled a little to get the fuzz under control sometimes with my hotter bass.

As I said on a previous post, I’ve been rejigging how I approach pedals and, as a result, I’m selling a lot of them, making boards with others, and collecting a few like a gear-hoarding magpie. I'm hoping to make several boards over the next few months but this is the latest.

Since late last year, my main practice board has been disassembled. This was a big miss as it had been set up in the same form since 2020. I'm not sure what possessed me to think that moving the pedals from a flight case into their boxes for a flat move made sense. It meant that I was using only a BBA, tuner, comp and preamp for a clean signal or using pedals on a scattered ad hoc basis. I built a board of minis to help bridge the gap, then most recently a board of Broughtons, but I've been desperate to put a practice board back together. The intention is to have most types of effect on tap and to have some of my favourite pedals constantly ready to go.

The signal chain is Broughton BBA (under the board at 18v) > Strobostomp > Cali76 CB (at 18v) > Octabvre > Doom 2 > Heliotropic > Parabellum v2 > MBD2 > Life v3 (with a TRS to the board for off-board expression control) > Rockboard patch bay (I have a patch cable running between two patch bay ports to I can add the JC Wah off board) > Calamity (at 18v) > XD > Empress Bass Comp > SLO (at 12v with Crux) > Element, with the SLO effects loop being Utility Knife > C4 > Echosystem > Reverb. It is ridiculously power hungry. I may also add dual lock to the space underneath to tie a couple of power cables to the underside of the board for easier transport. However, I'm not sure this will be going anywhere as it's intended for home use and weighs as much as a small moon.

All of the settings are a bit out of whack because of the faff of wiring up such a heavy monster of a board but I look forward to figuring out the best settings again.

PracticeBoard-Front.thumb.jpg.e92edaa5f8c7696607748dae089f5a77.jpg

PracticeBoard-Back.thumb.jpg.1d625e4d262a06628184918c93dc49b3.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, keziahj said:

Absolutely marvelous!! 🤩🙌🔥💛

Thanks (if that was meant for me)! I've spent way too long thinking about pedals over the last few years but it's nice to finally have a big board back up and running. There are a few of my favourites not included on this one but I intend to put them on another board and will add it photos here when it's done.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, admiralchew said:

As I said on a previous post, I’ve been rejigging how I approach pedals and, as a result, I’m selling a lot of them, making boards with others, and collecting a few like a gear-hoarding magpie. I'm hoping to make several boards over the next few months but this is the latest…

PracticeBoard-Front.thumb.jpg.e92edaa5f8c7696607748dae089f5a77.jpg

PracticeBoard-Back.thumb.jpg.1d625e4d262a06628184918c93dc49b3.jpg

This is why we need to build some nuclear power stations in the U.K.  😀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bagman said:

I’ve put the new SGFX Diamond BCP/EQ on the board and put the old BCP1 away for now. 

I nearly bought a Seymour Duncan compressor today. image.thumb.jpg.e735cdef412750c06335776eb28f7b08.jpg

Lovely….

my ocd is screaming if you switched the beta and wounded ram around it would all tesselate better! :D 

• Like 1

Just got an OC5 I need to get to grips with. Also managed to grab a good deal on the Dude Incredible which is essentially Steve Albini in a box, it’s aimed at guitar obviously but the Harmonic Percolator and IVP sound surprisingly good on bass too. 

IMG_7651.thumb.jpeg.29b9fa9deca92dce115e1e3613e25e59.jpeg

need to extent the pedal riser to beaten it up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Just got an OC5 I need to get to grips with. Also managed to grab a good deal on the Dude Incredible which is essentially Steve Albini in a box, it’s aimed at guitar obviously but the Harmonic Percolator and IVP sound surprisingly good on bass too. 

IMG_7651.thumb.jpeg.29b9fa9deca92dce115e1e3613e25e59.jpeg

need to extent the pedal riser to beaten it up.

I love that board. EAE and Lusithand stuff is fantastic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I love that board. EAE and Lusithand stuff is fantastic.

I’m really loving the EAE and Lusithand gear, amazing quality. Everything I’ve tried just brings another something to the table. It’s just a shame I can’t fit everything on my board!

Next up I want a Lusithand preamp and Turner pickups for a @funkle inspired (not so) budget Wal style bass. 

• Like 2