Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 02/01/2023 at 00:01, mattpbass said:

Have you considered the Jad Freer Capo? I was all aboard the Noble hype train and going to order one but at getting on for £1300 and the best part of a year to wait I couldn’t bring myself to it. The Capo is starting to pop up with some good players, got mine just before Christmas and it’s blown me away. 

I'd never heard of the Jad Freer Capo, so I had a look, it's now all I want in life 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

54 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

It’s so beautiful.

I think I might just order it and worry about the money later 😂

It looks like they are on 3 week order time again so a short wait for the next batch to made. I got very confused when I ordered, ordered it through their site (which was just under £500) then realised they were like £80 cheaper on Reverb so sent them an email and they refunded the Italian VAT which then made it slightly cheaper than Reverb! And then of course had to pay the UK import shizzle, worked out about £500 in total in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/01/2023 at 12:09, Newfoundfreedom said:

Simple, tidy, light and ample for what I need. 

I build a main sound patch for each song using the ms60b then have the option of three "live" stomp pedals with the B3. Topped off with a HB wireless pedal on a Warwick Rockboard. 

The whole lot probably cost less than £250

IMG_20230102_150821.jpg

I call plagiarism, sir! That's (almost) my board!

20210602_134825.thumb.jpg.da4f20623b5c42fc5f41f8af8cc549ff.jpg.4cb37a330a1f36a46596a16132b69920.jpg

You've got a hell of a lot of options there, haven't you? And Warwick Rockboards are brilliant, aren't they? 

I love my B3 and unless it goes "bang," I can't see myself changing anytime soon. The BDI adds a bit of dirt for when I'm feeling saucy. I'd recommend the Ashbass B3 mod as it's fairly simple to do (as long as you've got a soldering iron...) and means that you can scroll through patches really quickly. The switches are housed in the orange pedal on my board. The other pedal is a page turner for my Ipad cheat sheet program. Not necessary, but very useful. 

What's the HB Wireless system like? I was considering that, until a Sennheiser one came up on here at a great price, so I went for that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rushbo said:

What's the HB Wireless system like? I was considering that, until a Sennheiser one came up on here at a great price, so I went for that. 

They're pretty good for the money. I've had mine a couple of years now. I use it for every practice and gig with zero issues. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2023 at 12:30, mattpbass said:

It looks like they are on 3 week order time again so a short wait for the next batch to made. I got very confused when I ordered, ordered it through their site (which was just under £500) then realised they were like £80 cheaper on Reverb so sent them an email and they refunded the Italian VAT which then made it slightly cheaper than Reverb! And then of course had to pay the UK import shizzle, worked out about £500 in total in the end. 

Just ordered mine today, I sent them a message asking about buying it without VAT and they sent me a quote for the Capo and postage. It was just over £400, I suddenly found myself paying for it without thinking.

They expect to be sending them out in around 2 weeks. So another pedal board rearrangement will be happening.

I've also ordered a chorus, envelope filter and octave, should be a fun few weeks.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Spent the afternoon rebuilding the big board20230111_155406.thumb.jpg.c05fbf676042026bfaf94d50b2151114.jpg 

it's been in bits for ages. Got some new bits to try now after my fusion bands brief Hiatus 😄

EBS Microbass 2 - A/B box/ Preamp/DI/ Overdrive/ headphone amp and Effects loop. Very very useful bit of kit and great quality sound. In the loop I have all of the effects, so I can use them through the Headphones.

Donner Deluxe Mini tuner- in the Link jack, it acts as a tuner out, as this thing was awful in line with other pedals.

FEA Optifet - I had one of these wonderful compressors before and I knew it was a stupid idea when I sold it. Lovely warm fat, with a nice sheen. Tons of control, but most importantly it adds to your tone, this thing can sound like a Diamond Bcp1 or a Cali76CB  which the switches (and I've owned both) very pleased to get another.

BOSS LS2 - splits the signal after the comp, so all effects have compression beforehand. Has two seperate lines of FX that I can switch between or run in parallel

Loop A - general effects.

MXR Bass Octave Deluxe- I had one of these before and while I loved the tone and tracking, it had a noise issue. I really needed an Octave thst tracks well with active basses, and this was the best I'd tried in that application. Two different voices to mimic the EBS and OC2 Sounds.

EBS Bass IQ - this is a great sounding filter!! Lots of variation with the modes and simple to use. Not as fat or resonant as some, but has a great tight/clear filter tone that cuts through really well. 

EBS Dphaser - As above but a funky, swirly,fat and very cool Digital Phaser. I love this thing

Loop B - Synth Channel

Emma - Okto Nojs - Octaver and synthy Dynamic Fuzz in one pedal, can be used individualy or combined for Dirty synth tones. The Fuzz on this is worth the price alone, it's in two parts first is a dynamic Fuzz with a subtle octave up past the 12th fret (very like the 3 leaf Doom) and has a square wave synth Fuzz which is voiced an octave down, I love this with a Phaser.

Source Audio C4 synth- had one of these before, with a posh midi thing, only used 6 sounds in it 🤣

Synths/octavers/filters/phasers allsorts in here, but just sticking to the six sounds this time. Got a few nice synth sounds in there incl an OC2 with Bitcrusher and an MXR filter model.

3 leaf Groove Regulator- I've owned the other versions of this filter, so gone back to the original. It is fat and organic sounding, fairly polite as filters go, but sounds really good with the Octave/Fuzz combos. Easier to dial in than its successors, and has a handy loop, unfortunately any pedals in its loop can only be used with the filter. 

Source Audio Gemini Chorus- another Gem that I've had before, I'd forgotten how good this pedal is. Six presets for all my Modulation needs it's got various Chorus/Flanger/Phasers currently programmed as well as a very synthy resonator sound.

Edited by lee650
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, EmmettC said:

Just ordered mine today, I sent them a message asking about buying it without VAT and they sent me a quote for the Capo and postage. It was just over £400, I suddenly found myself paying for it without thinking.

They expect to be sending them out in around 2 weeks. So another pedal board rearrangement will be happening.

I've also ordered a chorus, envelope filter and octave, should be a fun few weeks.....

Let us know how you get on! Tbh my FeT and Fusion S sounded so good at the last practice I don't wanna mess with a good formula. I'll still end up ordering it though I'm sure in a moment of weakness 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EmmettC said:

Nice! There will be about £90 to pay when it hits the UK, they use UPS so you’ll get an email from them and can pay it online so it doesn’t get delayed. 

1 minute ago, danbowskill said:

👌...what's the low end like on the new dark driving?

its good, you can def dial some bass out if not careful, but i think that comes with bass/guitar pedals tone below 12 in the dark mode and theres loads and in light theres also a nice amount aswell, you will def cut thru and be heard if you want clean lows then obviously you'll need to use it with a blend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/01/2023 at 14:57, Bassybert said:

How do you find the 1spot I'm thinking about one for my board?

I have that same Truetone 1spot (CS6) on my board, and it’s perfect size for Nano or Metro Pedaltrain boards.  I’m not averse to daisy chaining power, but you get isolated power supplies.  If anything this provides a real tidy solution. 

Updated board shot. A bit of a rearrange and a new pedal (the afterneath) The afterneath with a fuzz before it is a lovely atmospheric type sound, i doubt i'll be able to use it much in songs but i'm sure i'll find something to do with it.

Chains is: Tuner (labelled for reassurance purposes 😂) > Wilson Mini Freaker Wah > DOD250 > Switcher - Loop A (Bloop into DS-1) - Loop B (Megalith clone) > BF-2 > EQD Grand Orbiter > EQD Afterneath

IMG_9811.thumb.jpg.9e4b6a2bc5ca45397da06e10e93fd3f2.jpg

• Like 6

On 13/01/2023 at 17:17, 0175westwood29 said:

3CFEA1EC-CBB0-4629-9EF8-83820D986AF4.thumb.JPG.897f952f20ee0c36e51a1b6f14666420.JPG

32D05303-439F-4E40-A3BC-39E65C3949AC.thumb.JPG.99d191d3291bf380e8fc0a57da56e6ae.JPG

bottom is still not decided yet, the nomad and seamoon might change for something else.

Nice comprehensive board, I see an HM2W label, but no HM2W there? Has the label not been changed yet  ;)

Also - how's the slicer working for you?

Edited by dudewheresmybass