Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

8 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I'm intrigued how the shelf works in a live situation. Do you play lying on your back? Or do you use a pedal monkey to turn them on and off?

I’m so intimidated by all your fantastic pedalboard arrangements that I don’t play live or really leave the house. The shelves came with a matching wardrobe which is fairly comfortable and warm

• Haha 4

Made a few changes since the last time I posted. I've swapped out the TC flashback for the Solidgoldfx EM-iii delay, which has a high pass filter and a feedback function. I've also swapped the Tru-fi Super Fuzz for the Colordriver. The main addition is the Noble Preamp that arrived on Wednesday. It's a tight squeeze! And it has to go upside down! But it sounds amazing (as expected) and means I can go full in-ears if need be (when the short XLR I ordered shows up).

IMG20221202202511.jpg

IMG20221202202428.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, maneatingmonstrosity said:

Hey. Here's my bass board for Buried Sleeper. I'm currently rewiring all of this to work with the new Morningstar ML10X, which is amazing! 

IMG_20211020_123558228.jpg

What's the one in the top right with the red button? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lunoxx said:

It looks like a custom / handmade thing, I can't find any information on it. The name is a cheeky movie reference for those of a certain age / preference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lunoxx said:

That's my custom fuzz, made by a friend. It's a Green Russian Muff into an Op-Amp Muff, but the Op-Amp side has a blend control. I run the Russian side on pretty low gain, which boosts into the Op-Amp side, which is totally dimed, but only mixed in at about 50%. Gives me a super saturated and heavy but also really articulate tone that I like a lot. It also gets EQ'd by one of the Zoias; primarily 1K for mids and more definition.

Edited by maneatingmonstrosity
  • Like 2

On 05/12/2022 at 15:02, lidl e said:

on thesze pedalboard power supplies, what do you do if one of your pedals uses a negative tip? Are they reversible like that?

My Line 6 DL4 only works with a negative tip.

if anyone is interested, i think i found the solution with these warwick rockboard convertors. i assume they will work with Harley Benton power supply

they also make one to work with old DOD pedlas

https://www.gear4music.ie/Electric-Guitars/Power-Splitter-Cables

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update! Just got a Prunes and Custard pedal - one randomly came up for sale locally and the guy dropped it off at work for me the next day! It’s fantastic, it has the same sort of response as a Bassballs (which I’m a fan of) but with a really wet and scattered distortion sound.

I also got a Qtron + which I bought a while ago but has been delayed. Sounds quite different to the Qtron I think, will need to properly compare. Also seems a bit noisy in some modes but I’ll give it a proper going over at the weekend. 

I spent ages comparing the Mutron to the Maxon and what threw me a bit is that the low mode of the mutron sounds the same as the high mode of the Maxon. Once I worked that out (they must affect different frequency ranges) I got them sounding identical. 

You might think it’s crazy but I’ve even been thinking about a pedalboard with 6 of my faves, probably one of those that doesn’t require Velcro. I can leave the shelf at home!

6CAE6F96-7DB3-43B3-B909-AC74AD12F05B.jpeg

• Like 3

Loving the shelves @ped!

I was playing my Prunes & Custard yesterday. It’s a very odd beast but quite cool, not least because of the Datsuns song about it that I listened to on repeat when it first came out. I use the P&C as a kind of tone thickener so everything sounds fat and lo-fi. I’m not sure that’s what it was intended for but I like it a lot.

• Like 1