Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='201323' date='May 18 2008, 12:20 AM']should get a nano bassballs so you can fit some more stuff on there :)[/quote]
Well, I don't think I need anything else apart from a Discumbobulator so that fat old-school BB, which is now going rusty (!) I've used it for that long, doesn't need to go anywhere. It would be a shame to retire it just yet.
The board is quite heavy so I'm also looking for a 60cmx30cmx10cm bag with a strap to carry it around in. Know anywhere?

OK, so here's my first ever pedalboard (though I've been playing for 30 years...). I use it for guitar and bass. The Chorus/Flanger is rarely used. The hotcake is a temporary replacement for my 1980 (or thereabouts) one with the mid-lift switch which is currently lost en route between NZ and the UK. The green thing is a clean booster which I haven't finished building yet. The board is all my own work! I must build a case sometime...

[attachment=8854:Musicians.jpg]

Cheers,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Morning,

Finally got round to taking a picture of my updated board.

[attachment=9219:30052008009.jpg]

The loop pedal doesn't usually hit the road - more for home practice.

Other than that;

MXR Octave>
Red Onion Bypass/loop with blend>
Dod Stereo Chorus
(Loop)Boss Eq>MXR Q>MXR DI/Dist>

Trying out the board with post and pre rack compressor at the moment.

Greg :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='210420' date='Jun 1 2008, 10:45 AM']hows the mxr bass octave compared to say a boss oc-2 or the ebs?[/quote]

Hi,

Having not tried either the OC2 or the EBS for any lenght of time I really can't compare for you.

However, it works well for what I want it for.

It definately prefers to be first in the chain. It tracks well down to about an open A string. I tend to use it much higher up though anyway, and up past G it sounds nice and tracks really well indeed.

Greg

[quote name='cheddatom' post='212954' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:08 AM']What does the discombobulator do?

If you bought a small tuner that would fit ontop of the psu, you might be able to squeeze an exp pedal on there for the boss wah - I love the range of possibilities this gives you.[/quote]
It's - up to now - the best envelope filter I've played.

Re: Exp pedal. You're right, but then I wouldn't have the mute facility the TU-2 gives me which is very handy. And the flashing lights.Or would I.....?

Don't get me started again. I've just ordered a Bottom Feeder to build another monster board of funk around...! That'll be driven by a DS-1 into a Sovtek Big Muff. Out through a ODB3 set for a little bit of grind. And probably some other stuff when I get my hands on it....!

Intoxicating stuff this pedal board building.

[quote name='ped' post='213681' date='Jun 6 2008, 10:06 AM']Well here is mine. I am looking into having a case made to fit them or possibly just the Vbass because if I am honest I don't use the FBV THAT much...

[/quote]

Can't you use midi to the Pod so the V-bass can control it like the FBV would?

Surely the V-bass can change the patches etc

Here's mine, which I doubt I'll ever finish:

[attachment=9355:Board.JPG]

Lacking any modulation, and needing a couple of loops. (and clearly in need of a set of GeorgeL's!)
Might have to bin either the Qtron or Bassballs to make room, but I'll see how it goes.

[quote name='Biggsy' post='213809' date='Jun 6 2008, 12:51 PM']Here's mine, which I doubt I'll ever finish:

[attachment=9355:Board.JPG]

Lacking any modulation, and needing a couple of loops. (and clearly in need of a set of GeorgeL's!)
Might have to bin either the Qtron or Bassballs to make room, but I'll see how it goes.[/quote]

I've still got some straight george l jacks if you are interested £2 per jack.

well here's my current incarnation. . . . . .

Chain goes - TU2 > Cream pie > custom overdrive > guyatone EQ > Dod chorus > aphex PF > sansamp.

My BYOC Large Beaver is getting fixed at the mo and that'll go in after the overdrive and the PF will move over tyo the space above the SansAmp

Band Board

Signal chain is

Pedalboard patchbay jack 1 (Being the closest) -> Pedalboard Junction Custom AB/Loop/ABY Box - (Loop) Tone Factor Nipple Pink Cream Pie - Tone Factor Bass Mod Fuzz Saw - Boomstick Bottom Feeder - Tone Factor Bongomania Modded Pulp Mill - Peterson Strobe O Stomp - (Loop) - Pedalboard Junction Custom AB/Loop/ABY Box to Pedalboard patch bay jack 3 and 4 to Mesa 400+ ch1 and 2.

Pedalboard patchbay jack 2 is for the Mesa EQ footswitch, all this hooks up via a custom pedalsnake with 3 cables (Output 1,2 and Footswitch) and a Powercon connector.

Another pic of my big board

Not posting any more pics of this till it's done.

Pedalboard of misc stuff for other people who are a bit light on pedals to use. Basically it's the pedals I can't sell but aren't boutique enough to go on one of my boards (OOOOOO how Toasted of me :ninja:)

So to sum up I took the Boomstick Bottom Feeder off my big board because I couldn't bare to not have it on gigs with me, but because I need it on my big board I'll be getting another one in my big box of toys coming from Tone Factor as soon as I can afford it.

I've redone my band board in the Canere cable Bongo sent me, it's as short as possible now and very neat and tidy and ready to get destroyed on gigs but hey.

The misc board I'm waiting on a modded Dod grunge and then I'll wire it all up with cheap cables and put a shredfreak power supply on there with a diago daisy chain.

Big board you can see when it's done.

Enjoy

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='213812' date='Jun 6 2008, 12:53 PM']I've still got some straight george l jacks if you are interested £2 per jack.[/quote]
are they the jack to jacks without the cable inbetween? if so i wouldn't mind buying a few :<