Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1344782388' post='1769043']
Sounds [i]awesome[/i]. I see you've gotten rid of the Moog LPF in favor of the Iron Ether.. is it [i]that[/i] good?! :blink: You guys have to come to the US sometime.. play some shows.
[/quote]
[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1344782934' post='1769050']
Bet the air freight on your pedalboard would be a nightmare Shep!
[/quote]
[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1344783209' post='1769059']
It's a sign. Come to Aberdeen first ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1344787094' post='1769114']
:D
[/quote]

Ha....

The Xero was built to spec to replace the Moog. I tested a regular Xero out to ensure the tone would fit (in places I kinda prefer the Moog tone, but the Xero works great for the music) but importantly the IE pedal is totally noise free. Silent as a mouse. The Moog unfortunately rapes my noise floor having all those pedals before it and I need to use noise gates and make some compromise to get tr best from it. The custom Xero needs to go back for more tweaking soon (it was the 1st Taylor had made like this with 3 CV controls so some tweaking was expected) but I'm very happy with it.

Freight would be mad, though NC would be amazing (Moog, Roscoe & Krispy Kreme!!). Aberdeen would rock as well. Hook us up with a promoter that will pay enough to cover travel and make a few quid an we'll happily visit either!

[quote name='dan670844' timestamp='1344797318' post='1769270']
He is my pedal board....

Thats it, dont use one anymore since I changed to my pure valve set up. degrades the tone from my jazz and the CTM and LB30. But then I have gone ultra old school at the moment!
[/quote]

Erm, what do you do with your feet then? I mean, you could probably dance and everything! :o

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1344893994' post='1770884']
new addition squeezed onto the end of my board... i wish pedaltrain made a slightly wider mini, it's just not quite wide enough for me and my clumsy feet!

liking the tremorslo so far :)

[/quote]

Thats an awesome mini. I could happily rock that!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344789218' post='1769146']
Ha....

The Xero was built to spec to replace the Moog. I tested a regular Xero out to ensure the tone would fit (in places I kinda prefer the Moog tone, but the Xero works great for the music) but importantly the IE pedal is totally noise free. Silent as a mouse. The Moog unfortunately rapes my noise floor having all those pedals before it and I need to use noise gates and make some compromise to get tr best from it. The custom Xero needs to go back for more tweaking soon (it was the 1st Taylor had made like this with 3 CV controls so some tweaking was expected) but I'm very happy with it.

Freight would be mad, though NC would be amazing (Moog, Roscoe & Krispy Kreme!!). Aberdeen would rock as well. Hook us up with a promoter that will pay enough to cover travel and make a few quid an we'll happily visit either!
[/quote]
[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1344789946' post='1769158']
Leave it with me ;)
[/quote]

We need to sort out a Scottish Tour for OHM. I know a couple of places in Dundee that would suit. Need to check where in Perth would be best. :)
Any excuse to hear this rig, eh! :P

My board!!! And I would think that there aren't many quite as shockingly bad as this one :)

It was supposed to be quick and dirty as I need one for Sunday, but whilst it's certainly dirty it wasn't as quick as it could have been, re-bending and filing these angle brackets to fit took about two hours and I think I've broken my vice... :(

It's only a stop-gap until I build my nice one I've got planned, which will be mostly made of 19" rack parts, but thought you might like a laugh :)

Edited by Si600

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1344975296' post='1771985']

We need to sort out a Scottish Tour for OHM. I know a couple of places in Dundee that would suit. Need to check where in Perth would be best. :)
Any excuse to hear this rig, eh! :P
[/quote]

Works for me! 2 or 3 dates back to back sounds rockin'

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1344976941' post='1772001']
My board!!! And I would think that there aren't many quite as shockingly bad as this one :)
[/quote]

That Peterson tuner is a seriously nice piece of kit, as is your TC Compressor. If I was going to have a totally minimal set up I'd be very tempted by just using the Peterson on it's own, especially with the modelling DI stuff built in.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1344979086' post='1772037']
That Peterson tuner is a seriously nice piece of kit, as is your TC Compressor. If I was going to have a totally minimal set up I'd be very tempted by just using the Peterson on it's own, especially with the modelling DI stuff built in.
[/quote]

I was more commenting on the board made from an old drawer front and pedals held on with bent brackets and chipboard screws than what was actually on it, but thank you for the comments about the content. I haven't really explored the Peterson beyond the tuning capability and noting that it has a DI output, what's the modelling DI function?

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1344893994' post='1770884']
new addition squeezed onto the end of my board... i wish pedaltrain made a slightly wider mini, it's just not quite wide enough for me and my clumsy feet!

liking the tremorslo so far :)

[/quote]

Mate I'm liking this, btw, what patch cables & power are you using? Proper nice and tidy :P

[quote name='Johnnyc' timestamp='1345017385' post='1772268']
Mate I'm liking this, btw, what patch cables & power are you using? Proper nice and tidy :P
[/quote]

Them look like "George L's' to me, and yes, they are neat and tidy - really good quality too.

Haha! Am selling it to get the Micropower9 as that fits under my board apparently.
I was never satisfied with reliability with the George L's so went back to hard wired patch cables. Am tempted by the new Diago version of the solderless cables though.

cheers Deej / JohnnyC - and yes, George L's, though to be honest I'm getting a bit annoyed with them as I keep having problems with them, and tempted to switch back to 'normal' patch cables!

also, seriously thinking about changing to a larger board, as i want to use my boost pedal too, but the mini is already filled to capacity...

hmm now thats interesting, what kind of problems have you been having with them? Would have thought considering the price that they'd be top quality. Andy I'm also tempted by the Diago patch cable kit simply because I'm struggling to find any other decent patch cables that are in stock. They do look really good just pricey!
I did have a larger board but it was very untidy and my pedals didn't fill it anyway! love the Pedaltrain Mini, got all my core setup on there and can have my volume pedal sat next to it if needs be, though if I do end up with more pedals I'll have to start thinking about other options, maybe another Mini ;)

yeah, i am tempted by adding another mini, or a nano, as i don't like the fact that with bigger boards you have to step over pedals to reach the back row!

with the George L's, when i put my board together the other day using the leads I used on my last board, there was hardly any sound initially, and I had to re-check all the leads. they were working fine last week. i guess I just find them temperamental. Other folks on here seem to swear by them, but i've had bad experiences and am loathe to gig with them for that reason...

You have to be extremely accurate with how they are cut/assembled, then test them carefully to make sure all is working and finally plug in the pedals.
Unfortunately, even after being extremely OCD about this whole process, I went to play a gig and my board was dead (on more than one occasion) resulting in checking a lot of cables while the band was playing without me! :s

Even soldered cables can fail occasionally but the chances are much smaller when taking good care of your gear.

The new Diago designs have been created for the exact purpose of addressing the short falls of George L/Lava solderless cables...so only time will tell if they have!

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1345014236' post='1772233']
what's the modelling DI function?
[/quote]

Ahh no I am wrong. I researched it a while ago and for some reason thought it had some kind of preset eq patterns which were selectable for the DI out - looks like I was confused with the tuning "Sweeteners". Apologies for that.

Here's my addition to this cheeky little thread...

Theres one piece missing at the mo (it's in the post!) and thats a Zvex Woolly Mammoth Clone... apart from that, my set up will probably remain the same now for a while! :)

I've only actually been a pedal head since april, went to go a pick up a bass in San Francisco from Jean Baudin and his ridiculous array of pedals inspired this modest board.

The path is:

Amp - Ernie ball jr Volume pedal - Morely Bass wah II - Woolly Mammoth Clone - Boss DD-20 - TC electronics PolyTune - Boos GEB-7 - Boss OCB - Boss Limiter - Boss RC-2 (with attached EV-5) - Boss NS-2 - Boss AB-2....

Then the chain splits, one end of the Boss AB-2 goes into my Spector and bypasses the reverb as it was giving me issues with that bass, the other end of the Boss ab-2 goes into the Cyborg Rocktron Reverb, then into another bass. (normally one of the big boy 9 or 10 stringers :))

All powered by two chunky powerbricks and a handy extension lead as the Reverb is isolated, meaning that its all pwoered by just one plug. Definitely handy.

So thats me!

[attachment=115721:pedals.JPG]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344789218' post='1769146']
Ha....

[/quote]
Ah.. I think I personally shall be starting off with a Moog. More traditional. ;)
Moog, Roscoe, Krispy Kreme, some of the best BBQ you've ever eaten, Pepsi.. :D
Promoters are the hard part! Fortunately, I actually know one, so I [i]might[/i] just get lucky..