Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1157262' date='Mar 10 2011, 09:28 PM']Is that.... 3....delays?

You're not a one man Mogwai cover band are you?

Truckstop[/quote]

haha yes it is 3 delay, tho dd-3 is just for silly delay in the feedback looper, although its not a dd-3 its actually a crappy behringer pedal.

but the mxr and memory boy are there for delay although im using the mxr for like a modulation kinda reverb sound and combine that with a shortish delay on the memory boy it sounds awesome!

theres a boss ce-5 to go in somewhere but not sure where yet.

andy

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1157646' date='Mar 11 2011, 08:43 AM']you should probably try some dirt in the feedback looper too, but if it bypasses the pedals when you switch it, instead of just cutting the feedback, then you'd lose a dirt pedal :)[/quote]

yeh the pedals in the loop are purely for the feedback so they can't be used without it.

but the feedback more for fun than anything really.

will get my carbon copy tomoz hopefully so excited!

andy

Well after a few weeks of studio time I've managed to figure out which bits and bobs work and don't work for m on the board and I've also acquired a few bits and bobs and changed the way in which I use a few of the pedals as well.

I also have just received my Gigrig Modular Power system. It is an expensive approach compared to many power systems, buy not compared to buying 3 Flatliners etc to run the board off. The powering system will run my entire board, with mixed polarities, voltages from 9-24 including the AC powered Whammy IV and all of 1 mains plug! Again, expensive, but worth it I feel given I currently use 8 mains plugs. The only thing that won't be powered by the Gigrig will be my Moog MP-201.

The 'final' (how many times have i said that?) has 15 pedals on it. I removed the LS-2 and dual channel set up for now as it adds a huge amount of cabling for something I don't really utilise. The signal chain and set u looks something like this…

[b]BASS —>[/b] Digitech Whammy IV —>
Boss OC-2 —>
Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox —>
[b](Dirt Section)[/b]
Subdecay Noisebox —>
Tech 21 Red Ripper —>
Myrtle Effects Corvid Fuzz —>
[b](Filter Section)[/b]
MarkBass Super Synth —>
3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator —>
Moogerfooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter —>
EHX Bass MicroSynth (Original) —>
EBS Unichorus —>
[b](Modulation Section)[/b]
Moogerfooger MF-103 12-Stage Phaser —>
Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator —>
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay —>
Boss SL-20 Slicer —> [b]AMP[/b]

Pics up soon followed by a review of the Gigrig Modular Power System.

Shep

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1161456' date='Mar 14 2011, 10:02 AM']ooo, I didn't think about putting the slicer at the end of the chain![/quote]

I've tried it absolutely everywhere but the end is 100x better. I think of it as a kind of sequencer that I 'play along to'. My effects chain generates my sound and then the slicer adds a rhythm that I join in with at the end.

Putting effects after it seems to make your core signal a little muddy as all the sounds go haywire with the slicers pattern.

Try it!

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1161815' date='Mar 14 2011, 02:40 PM']What does the slicer do exactly? Is it kinda like a long delay?[/quote]

It's like a tremolo, but it does interesting rythms instead of just a constant repeat. It "slices" dynamic cuts in a rythmic way. There are a few harmonic modes too, which will harmonise the input as well as produce the rythmic pattern.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1161815' date='Mar 14 2011, 02:40 PM']What does the slicer do exactly? Is it kinda like a long delay?[/quote]

It's a pattern tremolo with some built in filter functions. I use a Adrenalinn for similar stuff.

I got beat!

Edited by DanOwens

My lil board, Bass-> Boss Bass Overdrive -> Boss Bass Chorus -> M9 -> Amp

Things have moved slightly but at the end of the day its the same board :)

Line6 bass pod XT on the way for me to play about with too
Edit: Just now its going to a slightly dodgy Zoom B2.1u, footswitches and 1 knob are iffy so it sits on my amp instead as a pre-amp

Edited by Thatguy59

[quote name='willyf87' post='1162547' date='Mar 14 2011, 10:54 PM']Here's my board, pretty happy with it as it is. You guys should guess what they are so I won't bore you!![/quote]
i like the look of that triple loop pedal, i need something similar (although preferably with level controls, like an ls-2). can't see who makes it though ?

Yeah its a triple loop with a small adjustment, it has bypass, a/b selector connecting the fuzz to the blogger/chorus switching and c connected to the flanger. It's made by bright onion pedals, the guys cool he has a website and his stuff is really reasonable, he didn't charge me extra for the changes either which is a bonus!

[quote name='willyf87' post='1162690' date='Mar 15 2011, 08:14 AM']Yeah its a triple loop with a small adjustment, it has bypass, a/b selector connecting the fuzz to the blogger/chorus switching and c connected to the flanger. It's made by bright onion pedals, the guys cool he has a website and his stuff is really reasonable, he didn't charge me extra for the changes either which is a bonus![/quote]
ta, i'll investigate. :)

I've just gone from this:

To this:

I decided to take the Wah off of the board. Its a good pedal, but i use it once in the set, and even then its only for the sake of it. Plus it sucks quite a lot of high end. I'll probably keep it for abit before selling it though. The Bass Driver has been replaced by the Muff, which gives a much better sound for what I am after, but the digitech is still a good all rounder for a newer pedal geek/bassist. The cables are by Planet Waves, and are a marked improvement over the cheapy Proel leads, best buy so far this year i think! The twin footswitch for my amp goes in the space under the Clone Theory - I havent got round to velcro'ing it yet.

Cant wait to try the board at practice, sounds great at home!

[quote name='TG Flatline' post='1156096' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:06 AM']

Been meaning to post this for a while. Signal chain is:

Line 6 wireless > Custom Loop and Tuner Mute > (Loop out) > Custom Bass Boost > MXR Octave > Bass Big Muff > Small Stone > (Loop in) > SFX Thumpinator > Amp

The other stuff on there is a mic splitter (under the thumpinator), in-ears transmitter, 18v power converter for the in-ears, Diago power supply (under the converter). I'm also yet to put a mini mic pre-amp on there, which will squeeze on top of the in-ears next to the wireless. I wanted all this extra stuff actually on the board rather than elsewhere at the back of the stage, makes things much simpler!!!

The MXR Octave is the only one of the four effects that isn't being upgraded at some point, although I plan on putting it in a blended loop (don't know where that will go though!!) similar but simpler to the x&m as Octaving the low D string (I'm 99% of the time in drop D) is unnecessary and the tracking struggles a bit lower than the A. The Bass Boost is great but I shall tweak it until I die probably. The Muff is being replaced by a home-made Green Russian clone with a clean blend. The Small Stone, as much as I love it, will ultimately be replaced by a home-made Phase 100 with umpteen mods on it. That's all pipeline stuff though, and my wife recently giving birth has hampered my bid for total home-made glory. Haha! Tuner is out of line obviously as I found it sapped like a mofo! Was going to get the pitch black but simply added a tuner output on the loop pedal so the tuner is completely separate.

Thumpinator. If you don't have one, buy one. First thing I would replace if this lot got stolen.[/quote]

Nice board, and great explanation :)

[quote name='callingltu' post='1145277' date='Mar 1 2011, 12:00 AM']Sorry for bad quality pic.
The chain is:
behringer tuner -> boss syb-5 + exp pedal -> digitech xbw -> boss oc-3 -> boss odb-3 -> EHX russian muff -> Fuzzy cat ( wolly mammoth clone) -> boss ceb-3 -> boss lmb-3 -> diy bypass pedal which in loop has: (some noname distortion -> behringer mdx 2200, i use mdx for sidechain compression which is trigered by bass drum) -> ibanez de-7 (wasnt in my board when i made this picture) -> amp

[url="http://img823.imageshack.us/i/atvaizd037.jpg/"][/url][/quote]

What expression pedal are you using on the syb-5? Anyone tried the behringer Fcv100? It's cheap as chips and looks like it'll last 6 months tops but I thought it might be a cheap way to try an expression pedal with the syb-5...