Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

5 hours ago, Homatron said:

I'm always intrigued when I see a LS-2 as there are so many possibilities. How have you got it set for this board?

Very simple in this instance. One loop clean, the other with the star shaped distortion pedal. Just to give me a completely clean blend with the dirt

• Like 2

A pedalboard is never finished... But I am happy with what I use right now. 

First time programing MIDI. With no idea of what I was doing and watching youtube videos. Now, it activates the tuner, FS4 and FS5. It was what I wanted it to do, so 100% success. However, I'd like it to scroll preset up and down and also activate or deactivate a block. I am not sure if this can be done, but so far, so good. I don't have a proper MIDI cable so I used what I had xD.

There is a project that I play in with very limited room on stage. In that project, I won't be needing the DI nor the MIDI pedal, so the idea is that I can remove it from the pedalboard easily. Since the pedalboard is a D'addario XPND, removing those two pedals it gets really small.

20240527_194132.thumb.jpg.8026dff714b8cba6d73245c22207c00c.jpg

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Filled the last gap on my board with the EBS.  Decided to keep the Aftershock (it's got a great noise gate in it) and the Phaser so this is where it's at forever and ever and ever!!

The star of the show is definitely the Starlifter and Compressor combination - awesome pedals.  Getting some great sounds out of this board...

WhatsAppImage2024-05-28at08_26_33.thumb.jpeg.77344fd1a33843f9ef655094d6f34a6f.jpeg

Edited by Paddy544
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Paddy544 said:

Filled the last gap on my board with the EBS.  Decided to keep the Aftershock (it's got a great noise gate in it) and the Phaser so this is where it's at forever and ever and ever!!

The star of the show is definitely the Starlifter and Compressor combination - awesome pedals.  Getting some great sounds out of this board...

WhatsAppImage2024-05-28at08_26_33.thumb.jpeg.77344fd1a33843f9ef655094d6f34a6f.jpeg

Real fast and loose with that phrase "forever and ever".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

the out from the p95 and in to the bassiq don't appear to have cables?

Good spot :)  Pic was taken as I was wiring it up, sending it to a friend and all that...  Board's fully wired up now I assure you 👍

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

First time programing MIDI. With no idea of what I was doing and watching youtube videos. Now, it activates the tuner, FS4 and FS5. It was what I wanted it to do, so 100% success. However, I'd like it to scroll preset up and down and also activate or deactivate a block. I am not sure if this can be done, but so far, so good. I don't have a proper MIDI cable so I used what I had xD.

I'm not sure where I got this from, but on my home-made Stomp MIDI switcher, sending CC 72 with a value of 64 is preset up, and CC 72 with a value of 0 is preset down.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I'm not sure where I got this from, but on my home-made Stomp MIDI switcher, sending CC 72 with a value of 64 is preset up, and CC 72 with a value of 0 is preset down.

There is a good list of HX Stomp MIDI commands here https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/midi#hx-stomp-hx-stomp-xl (It includes the one you mention)

Sam x

I was thinking that the new Ibanez Pentatone should go to one of my boards, and... I thought that I collect the fx I could find quickly to check if any board modification is in need. This looks like some cleaning is a must.

(SWR Interstellar and tce 1140 are elsewhere. The MIDI volume pedal [Edison?] is somewhere else, too.)

20240529_185801.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, itu said:

I was thinking that the new Ibanez Pentatone should go to one of my boards, and... I thought that I collect the fx I could find quickly to check if any board modification is in need. This looks like some cleaning is a must.

(SWR Interstellar and tce 1140 are elsewhere. The MIDI volume pedal [Edison?] is somewhere else, too.)

20240529_185801.jpg

what;s the one with different knobs bettween the TC and the cog? 
And the cream one bottom right?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

what;s the one with different knobs bettween the TC and the cog? 
And the cream one bottom right?

The one with different knobs looks like an IE Divaricator?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let's see...

Those specific noise gates can control attack and release. That means, they work like BOSS Slow Gear SG-1. I had one in each board, but do not need those everywhere anymore.

Yes, IE Divaricator is controlling Alpha Dog (I think it is a RAT clone of some kind). The X-over frequency is around 400 Hz. Works like a dream.

The cream one is a sound/noise maker: there's no real scale there, just different frequencies. So a noise maker. (Deepspace Devices - antikythera).

I think the least common devices here are:

- Spruce Effects - Old Growth Fuzz (under the Amptweaker)

- Rochambeau Musical Apparatus - Crustacean (fuzz; under the previous one)

- Onkart Gromt - Funky Fellow (under the Future Compact)

- Audiospektri - PGV (under the Subdecay Proteus)

- Daring Audio - Phat Beam (compressor and more; hi-Z fretless loves this one; under those noise gates)

Edited by itu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

The one with different knobs looks like an IE Divaricator?

ahhh the dark bit is a cable tie - I thought it was a fold in the enclosure Mutron style!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Well that’s tasty! How’s the Pod? I think this one was released recentlyish?

Now I’m used to the pre-sets, neat, I just need to re-order them, 😎

On 29/05/2024 at 17:06, itu said:

20240529_185801.jpg

What's the white one in the bottom left, and the black on with sliders two above?

1 hour ago, Lunoxx said:

What's the white one in the bottom left, and the black on with sliders two above?

The black one is that Ibanez PTEQ

Been waiting for you to post your board with that IE!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lunoxx said:

antikythera and PTEQ.

Have to say that I love parametric eqs: powerful and specific.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lidl e said:

Been waiting for you to post your board with that IE!

I am considering tce SCF to the same loop. Fretless, some flanger, slight amount of fuzz, and that's it.

• Like 1

New things have been accidentally bought, @jimbobothy showed me how the pros use dual lock, and I had enough patch cables…

IMG_0968.thumb.jpeg.eb6d49c96576923907591ae8c1f87b8d.jpeg

tuner - oc10 - C4 - H9 - iron man - Omnicomp - L4 preamp - shallow water clone - Anadime - H9 - colourbox 

New are the valeton oc10 which is just amazing (and was an accident buying)

and the H9max which can do so much and pushed the zoom ms70cdr off the board… lots of crossover with the C4 so we will see how that goes

• Like 9