Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327598415' post='1514037']
Cool. Lemme know what ya' think.
[/quote]

What did you use to record it? The compression is way over the top so I can hardly hear vocals or drums. Some great bass sounds though!!

I have a Zoom Q2 camera and the audio on that is ace. It auto-levels itself - rather than just squashing everything above a certain level, it brings down the gain and maintains that level for the whole set, rather than jumping up during "breakdowns" or the like.

A friend shot it on his HD camcorder from the back of the show. Had no idea it was being done. It has a built in clip meter so he kept it just under clips and that was the results. The compression is from the camera unfortunately so no way around it, but still listenable I think, and yeah - Bass sounds massive! :)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1327919736' post='1518617']
cool, maybe get him to take a feed from the desk at the next one?

It looks like a sh*t load of fun though, a proper crowded "messy" gig
[/quote]

Seriously messy. The stage was a swimming pool. Pints going everywhere. Had to bin my trainers they had been eaten apart by beer! lol.

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1327858031' post='1517753']
Not really my pedalboard, but my meager collection. I don't use any of these for bass,
but I use the equalizer and wah for guitar.

Here's what they are:
-Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah
-DOD FX40B 7-band equalizer
-Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
-EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
-EHX Freeze Sustainer
-Boss OC-3 Octaver
-fOXX Fuzz/Wah/Volume (refurbished, bought from their website for 200$)

Eh, nothing special. [u][b]I'm probably gonna sell the fOXX[/b][/u] and get something Moog-y.
Or a Source Audio BEF Pro. Not sure where my loyalties are at the moment..
[/quote]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me have first refusal on the Foxx! Need it for the pot.........................

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327925698' post='1518762']
They are fun... Shits me up with all the beer flying about though and all the gear :(
[/quote]
how about a perspex sheet the same size as the board angled at 45 degrees in front of it ?

.. although you'd have to orientate your position , by facing the front, and maybe not facing John..

Who's John??

EDIT: I get it... Your lady friend that knows my drummer knows him as John, which is actually his name, though he hasn't used that name for 10 years or something. Everyone knows him as 'Tom'. I only found out his name wasn't actually Tom about 6 months ago and I've known him for for 2 years (and been in a band with him for 18 months!). lol.

As for Perspex. It was suggested before, but I'd have to move it around and it would be huge, like the board. The logistics just don't make sense for me... Plus as you say, I'd need to face front and me and Tom/John always place facing each other.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327953716' post='1519468']
Who's John??

EDIT: I get it... Your lady friend that knows my drummer knows him as John, which is actually his name, though he hasn't used that name for 10 years or something. Everyone knows him as 'Tom'. I only found out his name wasn't actually Tom about 6 months ago and I've known him for for 2 years (and been in a band with him for 18 months!). lol.

As for Perspex. It was suggested before, but I'd have to move it around and it would be huge, like the board. The logistics just don't make sense for me... Plus as you say, I'd need to face front and me and Tom/John always place facing each other.
[/quote]

Couldn't it just be a few mms short of the overall interior area and carried inside the case with the board?

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1328220133' post='1524123']
A few changes and additions in recent weeks so thought that I would post again.

Might change the MuTron for something smaller and lighter - GR2 maybe?
[/quote]
That's probably the most compact, useful board I've ever seen. I want to play through it! :D
What's the LS-2 for?

Thank you.

The LS-2 enables me to switch on the Mu-Tron, OC-2 & Brown Dog with one press for a synthy sound and then use the other loop for turning on the Multi-Comp for slap sections or blending a clean tone with the Super Synth.

Too much tap dancing before I put the LS-2 on the board!

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1328220965' post='1524141']
That's probably the most compact, useful board I've ever seen. I want to play through it! :D
What's the LS-2 for?
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1328223744' post='1524207']
[b]Mu-Tron, [/b]OC-2 [b]& Brown Dog [/b]with one press for a synthy sound and then use the other loop for turning on the Multi-Comp for slap sections or blending a clean tone with the Super Synth.

Too much tap dancing before I put the LS-2 on the board!
[/quote]

if you can deal with the fiddliness of the interface, the Octavius Squeezer would substitute as a good one-pedal solution to those two.

the fuzz and filter combinations are excellent, and very versatile. (Agent Funk and Brown Dog).

i'm still endeavouring with the synth side (and octave), but it's slow going..

Edited by phil.i.stein

I looked really hard at the squeezer before going for the MBSS but TBH the general consensus of opinion was that it was really fiddly to program and that switched me off it. I find the MBSS heavy going trying to program sounds through the laptop but there were some downloadable patches over on Talk Bass which were pretty cool and I have put a few of those onto the pedal. It has re-affirmed in my mind that knob twiddling is a complicated as I really want to get! I made that decision years ago when I got rid of the the Line 6 multi fx and changed to individual stomp boxes.

The EHX Micro Bass Synth looks appealing now over the MBSS because all you have to do is move sliders around!! I may well change to that in due course. I really did want the Akai Deep Impact on the board but the price is prohibitive and others that know much more about effects than I do (cue Shep) suggested that between the OC2, Brown Dog and a filter and the MBSS there is not a sound that the DI could make that I can't. Needless to say that has helped the bank balance a little!

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1328231509' post='1524306']
if you can deal with the fiddliness of the interface, the Octavius Squeezer would substitute as a good one-pedal solution to those two.

the fuzz and filter combinations are excellent, and very versatile. (Agent Funk and Brown Dog).

i'm still endeavouring with the synth side (and octave), but it's slow going..
[/quote]

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1328183035' post='1523109']

My latest iteration. In the loop of the ls2 is a Marshall regenerator set to step phaser.
With the b3k and pulsar on it sounds huge in an almost dancy kinda way! :-)
[/quote]

nice board dude! ive wanted a pulsar for ages! think i may just get one!

ive got a few additions coming very soon!

This is what is currently on the board.

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/img0084hi.jpg/"][/url]

Have since picked up these.

Source Audio Multiwave Bass Distortion -- Fuzzrocious Oh See Demon -- Big Knob Pedals Bushy Bison (Mammoth) -- FEA Labs Photon Fuzz -- DHA Fuzzy Feeling -- Sansamp VT Bass

Need to make a board out of this stuff, plus what's already on there. Should be fun. What would you guys put on there?

Edited by cm261