Why become a member? ×

Bass players more famous for other things

OldGit

[quote name='Rich' post='30907' date='Jul 12 2007, 08:50 PM'][url="http://www.waymantisdale.com/"]Wayman Tisdale[/url], ex-NBA basketballist and verrrrrrrrrrrry tall man :)[/quote]

I can't imagine what a prune I'd look with that white/green/maple thing. Gah.. what I'd do to be young, gifted and black.

[quote name='rohan' post='31332' date='Jul 13 2007, 03:30 PM']The bassist from fightstar (Charlie from busted's new band) Designed the quake games as far as i know.[/quote]

hmmmm....seems unlikely to say the least when you consider how long ago the original quake came out and how old the members of fightstar are! .....he may have worked as a designer on one of the later quake games maybe

peace

c

I believe Martin Clunes (Men behaving badly) Has a headless Stienberger L-2 cricket bat,and has jammed with Gary Numan.

I also think some of our MPs are Bassists. But I cant confirm nor deny.

Edited by ARGH

For those of you who didn't see the poor sap flunking marching band practice in his own reality TV show, the drummer from Motley Crue, Tommy Lee's real name is Tommy Lee Bass. :)

I think he missed his calling.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='32148' date='Jul 15 2007, 06:31 PM']For those of you who didn't see the poor sap flunking marching band practice in his own reality TV show, the drummer from Motley Crue, Tommy Lee's real name is Tommy Lee Bass. :huh:

I think he missed his calling.[/quote]

ha ha that's a bit like Frank Beard not having a beard in zed zed top

"I'm surprised no-one's mentioned John Kerry yet: the Democratic Presidential Candidate was bassist in a school band that recorded an album. (BBC News report.) First bassist in the White House? "

Yeah I'm so behind with my reading and viewing for the US presidential elections .. :)

[quote name='3V17C' post='31032' date='Jul 13 2007, 12:51 AM']Randy Jackson - the American Idol judge

Martin Kemp - that bloke off Eastenders (and now sofa advertisement fame!) who used to be in Spandau Ballet[/quote]

To be fair, Randy Jackson got his America Idol judge gig off the back of his bass playing resumé, didn't he?

I thought Martin Kemp was the guitarist?

[quote name='d-basser' post='31033' date='Jul 13 2007, 12:51 AM']Jonny Depp plays some bass to[/quote]

He's good mates with Flea. There's a cool clip of a Flea instructional video from the late 80s floating around the net. If you look closely you'll see that the interviewer is none other than Jonny Depp.

[quote name='The Funk' post='32540' date='Jul 16 2007, 03:18 PM']To be fair, Randy Jackson got his America Idol judge gig off the back of his bass playing resumé, didn't he?[/quote]

more than likely he did yes, but I would guess he's more widely recognised for his American Idol work these days - at least by the average man in the street if not us fellow low enders.

[quote name='The Funk' post='32540' date='Jul 16 2007, 03:18 PM']I thought Martin Kemp was the guitarist?[/quote]

Martin Kemp [i]was[/i] the bassist - it was his bro Gary on guitar.... 99% sure anyway..

peace

c

[quote name='The Funk' post='32540' date='Jul 16 2007, 03:18 PM']To be fair, Randy Jackson got his America Idol judge gig off the back of his bass playing resumé, didn't he?

I thought Martin Kemp was the guitarist?
He's good mates with Flea. There's a cool clip of a Flea instructional video from the late 80s floating around the net. If you look closely you'll see that the interviewer is none other than Jonny Depp.[/quote]

He did one with River Phoenix in the '90s or is that a different one.

[quote name='3V17C' post='32562' date='Jul 16 2007, 03:51 PM']Martin Kemp [i]was[/i] the bassist - it was his bro Gary on guitar.... 99% sure anyway..
peace
c[/quote]

Not a fan of Spandau Ballet (just feel the need to make that clear at the outset).

However, I am a fan of Westone guitars and I seem to remember that Martin Kemp is seen “playing” a Westone semi-acoustic guitar in the “True” video, which seems to have become the only one you ever see these days.

Despite this, Martin Kemp was indeed Spandau Ballet’s bass player.

[quote name='Krysbass' post='33012' date='Jul 17 2007, 01:18 PM']I seem to remember that Martin Kemp is seen “playing” a Westone semi-acoustic guitar in the “True” video, which seems to have become the only one you ever see these days.[/quote]

Ah, that's what confused me!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone mentioned Martin Clunes? Star of Men Behaving Badly, but played bass in the quality one-off drama [u]Hunting Venus [/u]as part of former New Romantic Band [i]The Venus Hunters[/i] who ended up playing a special one off, on the late show with Jools.

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='57613' date='Sep 9 2007, 04:08 AM']Has anyone mentioned Martin Clunes? Star of Men Behaving Badly, but played bass in the quality one-off drama [u]Hunting Venus [/u]as part of former New Romantic Band [i]The Venus Hunters[/i] who ended up playing a special one off, on the late show with Jools.[/quote]

Ha ha I thought that said "hunting venues" :)

[quote name='Bald Eagle' post='31946' date='Jul 15 2007, 12:02 AM']Funny that, I'd rather tame tigers for a hobby anyday than perform a Mark King solo, Live!

The only one I can think of is Alan Partridge playing the airbass does that count :)[/quote]

I know this might seem stupid to those of you who know what i'm talking about, but, what the hell is that funky bassline that Alan's airbassing to? I really want a copy of that song/album.