Why become a member? ×

Another Bass I made!

Pestie

Hello BC'ers

This is the Mick Bass 02 that I made at MD Guitars in Otley, West York's. The body started life as my friends Grandmother's kitchen table and is over a 100 years old and made from solid mahogany. This is topped with an Ash cap and finished in stunning Purple Burst. It was meant to be Gibson Heritage Cherry but that just didn't happen! It is light, well balanced and plays and sounds lovely.

[url="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Mikevickers1/media/Mick%20bass%202%20004_zpsrru1k0fr.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Pestie

I bought the pickups off this forum and they are Hofner Standard, I think they are the ones off a Hofner Ignition or Contemporary, the ones made in China. The sound really nice and have the correct string spacing for this bass. :rolleyes:

Cracking job, I wish I could do it but I used to be in the same woodworking class as Ambient.....

Still on the upside it has saved me from many weekends of pointless DIY torture that would have resulted in blisters, untold amounts of cursing and that mocking look of disappointment from the father in law when he has to come round to make the house safe again :yarr:

I wouldn't have been good enough for Ambient's woodworking class. That looks like a top job.

And a rather nice Mahonia behind you - makes a change to see one given the right amount of space. I bet that smelt wonderful a few weeks ago!