Why become a member? ×

Infuriating issue with PMT online

Evil Undead

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1452852252' post='2954034']
So now you have the Mi10 combo and two 4ohm Mi10 cabs? Well, there's a solution for you, ask someone like OBBM to make you a special speakon cable so that you can link both your cabs in paralel so that they present an 8ohm load to your combo.

Then you'll have a 3x10 rig :)
[/quote]

Series, surely (most cabs go into parallel which is why the load decreases)

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1452851013' post='2954019']
Are you sure you're not over reacting a bit?
Obviously it's the wrong cab and not suitable for what you want, and needs to be replaced or refunded with them paying carriage. But: As I read your first post it seemed to me that the chap was actually trying to be helpful. He didn't know how much you knew about these things, and in other circumstances, ie someone else, with a different head, they might have been quite happy to keep the 4 ohm cab.
[/quote]

Maybe to some, maybe not to others, but I don't think I am. One is entitled to feel how one feels.

So the cab is being collected on Monday and I'll get a refund (at least I hope so, I'm anxiously lacking confidence at the moment, can't be out £199)

And the the rest of the mibass cabs in all the other stores are all 4 ohm. Not bad considering they apparently didn't make those, haha! No 8 ohm ones left anywhere, including with Ashdown directly.

So if anyone has one for sale, give me a shout! I really want to complete my little rig!

You could get the MI12 cab which is in stock at Dawsons. It is £250 but it says it is the 8ohms version. They are good little cabs. I use 2 of them for gigging.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/ashdown-mi-12-bass-cab?gclid=CKzgkoTSrMoCFQueGwodDlUD2g

For anyone still interested - collection has failed again today. Courier apparently rang the bell and no one answered, partner has been home all day and confirmed that no one has been round, no bell ring.

Someone is not telling the truth and it's not my partner - either that or the courier has gone to the wrong house despite being given directions.

What can I do? I'm worried that I won't get my money back, £200 is a lot of cash to me!

Demand that the courier puts a card through the letterbox if you manage to get them back for a third attempt as proof they've called? I've had people phoning me telling me they're outside my house when in fact they were outside another house on the next street... so you might even have to offer your partner's mobile number to the courier firm. :angry:

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1453293982' post='2958126']
For anyone still interested - collection has failed again today. Courier apparently rang the bell and no one answered, partner has been home all day and confirmed that no one has been round, no bell ring.

Someone is not telling the truth and it's not my partner - either that or the courier has gone to the wrong house despite being given directions.

What can I do? I'm worried that I won't get my money back, £200 is a lot of cash to me!
[/quote]

This happened to me a while ago, but with a twist. The courier claimed they had attempted delivery, but not only had I been in all day, but had been forced to sit in the hallway to work most of the day because I'd 'upgraded' to OS whatever, was getting a "WIFI: no hardware installed' error, so had to plug my laptop into the Broadband hub via the only cable I had which was about 6 feet long. When i wasn't there, I was in the kitchen a few feet away. My other half and my two year old were home all day as well.

Anyway, no-one rang the doorbell, banged on the door or put anything through the door, but guess what, when I looked to see why my 'Guaranteed next day delivery" hadn't been delivered, the tracking website said "Delivery Attempted". So I called the shop who'd sent it, who were able to produce a photo of my front door taken by the courier to prove they had attempted a delivery! WTF? Anyway, long story short, the shop had a go at me saying I was being difficult so I no longer shop there, and the courier company said they'd done all they could given I wasn't at home?

Theories? OK, Occam's Razor says he did try but I missed the door ringing. That theory however assumes that so did my other half and my two year old girl, who trust gets VERY excited about who might be at the door. Could the guy have arrived at my place only to find he didn't actually have the package on board, then took the photo to prove he had in fact tried delivery to avoid a b*******g? Or did he know it wasn't on board but had to take the photo so that when the customer asks for a refund for failed 24 hour delivery the courier can say "here's proof we tried".

Answers on a postcard :rolleyes:

I have worked in logistics for the last 15 years, and most of the carrier companies have had drivers on their books who claim they have tried to make a delivery/collection and there is no one home when there has been.

There are equally customers who claim they have never received goods which have been delivered. Its one of the reasons that drivers are not supposed to sign on your behalf for goods delivered.

In one case, the parcelforce driver delivered a pair of PFC curtains, and signed for them on behalf of the customer. Customer claimed they had never received them even though the delivery driver could see them hung up in the kids bedroom a week later.

They got a FOC replacement

We used to use City Link at work and they "delivered" over £10k of equipment to the front garden of a house (not even the correct address, just dumped it). They had a POD, which funnily enough was the driver's name and signature (clearly not a very intelligent dickhead).

Eventually after much wrangling City Link 'fessed up and we got some form of compensation.

Edited by Merton