Why become a member? ×

iPhone Apps for bass player - (esp your fave tuner...)

LukeFRC

So yesterday I made the switch from Android to iOS ... it's an odd feeling...

So I need something to replace my nice android guitar tuner I used. - what do you recommend?

(and so thing thread is a little more interesting for everyone else... what other bass related apps should we all check out?)

:)

I would recommend the David Ellefson Rock Shop app, it's a fine app, has a couple of different bass & guitar amps on it (if you know who David Ellefson is, you'll know he uses Hartke stuff mainly so the main bass amp on there is made to look like one of their Hydrive stacks). Has a built in tuner, couple of effects and you can play any songs you have on your device through it to play along to.

Guitar Toolkit is a brilliant app. I have the polytune app, which is really good, but I find I use the one in GT (they're both equally as good.
The advantage of Guitar Toolkit is it has a whole host of helpful things, such as metronome, scales & chord finder & you can choose which instrument you're using (bass, 5 string, banjo, 6,7 or 8 string guitar, uke, etc). Well worth the £6.

Amplitube is good for headphones (never tried the output fed anywhere else tbh) has several in app purchases for effects and amp models (you will need an iRig adapter or similar to plug in)

if you have midi keyboard iRig make one that is extremely compact and does midi, xlr, and jack inputs, and some of the software synths available are pretty amazing

Also not a cheap app but well worth forking out if you have multiple uses is Audiobus which allows routing configurations between multiple different apps

Polytune or Ultratuner are good for tuners

Edited by steve-bbb

Here's a really long thread with some links... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/230948-ios-for-the-gigging-bassist"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/230948-ios-for-the-gigging-bassist[/url]

After reading it (when it was a lot shorter !!) I plumped for, and can recommend JamUp + bass expansion pack for headphone practice