Why become a member? ×

Staying in tonight?

Skol303

Currently watching crud on TV; scratting around the bottom of a Quality Street tin [i](yeah, only the toffee pennies remain)[/i]; need an excuse to curtail chit-chat with the in-laws; or just something to kill time before you begin binge-drinking your way into 2016?

[size=5]We have a solution![/size]

It’s the very last one of the year. So please muster your last remaining ounce of festive cheer and throw your support behind the Composition Challenge. Listen, vote and make some fellow Basschatters exceedingly happy.

[b][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/275529-december-composition-challenge-voting/"][size=5]CLICK HERE FOR JOYOUS MERRIMENT[/size][/url][/b]

Cheers :drinks:

PS: it’s either us or him…

[size=2][i]"Fart or poo? Only one way to find out..."[/i][/size]

Staying home tonight while my band is out gigging because I was given an impromptu flying lesson by a car driver while out on my bike a few weeks ago. Might have managed the gig from my wheelchair but not with my left arm in a cast from knuckles to above the elbow.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1451590388' post='2941767']
I can't go out tonight , especially with the vote finishing on a new year , and I only need another 7 votes or so to pip it at the post :D
[/quote]

No no no, even more reason why you [b]should[/b] be out tonight... going door to door, canvassing for votes!

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1451590973' post='2941774']
Staying home tonight while my band is out gigging because I was given an impromptu flying lesson by a car driver while out on my bike a few weeks ago. Might have managed the gig from my wheelchair but not with my left arm in a cast from knuckles to above the elbow.
[/quote]

Wow, nasty! Hope you mend quickly.

Happy new year

[/quote]

Painful! Best of luck with it. I suppose the bike is written off as well?

[/quote]
Tough one Dave , get better soon dude

[/quote]

Stuffed my left hand index finger yesterday in minor bike collision, nowhere near on scale of yours and will be good in few days. Best wishes and commiserations from another biker (pedal not motor, not that it matters whatever you ride, they do not see us even with day lights and high vis).

Edited by 3below

[/quote]

Ouch! Bad luck there chief. All the best for a speedy recovery and a Happy New Year anyway.

Thanks all, the band played a blinding gig last night with a stand in bass player, so all is not lost. Another couple of months and I should be out of the chair and hopefully able to start playing again. The insurers say the bike is beyond economic repair, will start discussing money with them on Monday.