Why become a member? ×

NBD: Alpher Instruments Mako Elite - Made in Yorkshire Goodness!

Kev

Belated, as I picked his up at the weekend, but after an agonising wait my first custom bass is here, and its a super instrument. Buckeye - not for everyone. Singlecut - not for everyone. Complex Preamp - not for everyone. However, they are all for me and I could not be happier with the end result.

Full build diary here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/256306-alpher-mako-elite-five-string-warning-buckeye-burl-content/"]http://basschat.co.u...e-burl-content/[/url]

Keep an eye out in the review section, will be doing a full review as soon as I have chance.

Edited by Kev

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I really am chuffed to buggery with it :happy:

I can't recommend Chris and Alex enough, thoroughly decent chaps to deal with and they have a real passion for what they do, as can hopefully be seen in the wonderful bass they have made for me and all the other superb instruments they have made over the past few years. We are blessed in the UK at the moment for having such a wonderful choice of luthiers, but these two blokes up north are right up there with the best of 'em! :)

Review now up: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/274409-alpher-instruments-mako-elite-5-string-2015-model/page__pid__2921840#entry2921840

Edited by Kev

Wow! What do the controls do btw? *mmm, excess knobs*

Edit - ok; I went to the other thread and now know what all the knobs do. Wow. Awesome package.

I can almost see Saltaire from my house (must resist GAS)

Edited by Daz39

For clarity :)

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Volume (pull for passive mode)[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickup pan / blend[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dingwall 4 way rotary for neck pickup (which gives back coil, both in series, both in parallel, front coil)[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dingwall 4 way rotary for bridge pickup (which gives back coil, both in series, both in parallel, front coil)[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nordstrand Mid boost/cut (pull for mid shift)[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nordstrand Bass + treble boost + cut (stacked)[/font][/color]