Why become a member? ×

SOLD Barefaced Compact
£300

patch006

Hi all this is my compact , it was damaged in transit when I bought it. please see pic of crack, the crack is on the bottom and goes about half way back. Down near the left hand corner.
The cab still sounds great.

Get a bargain!

Edited by patch006

[quote name='Sercet' timestamp='1448028761' post='2912479']
Come on guys, stop asking questions. He's doing you a favour here.
[/quote]

Basic info on the cab, that should be in the description, is not a time wasting question.

There are speaker changes between the 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation on the Barefaced cabs so different specs hence it can be important to an interested seller after a specific model.

The more info in the description the better the chance of a sale is

GLWTS

Thanks for all your comments they are always welcome. I was not referring to slap it hard as a time waster for the record.

To spyder the answer is I Simply don't have the time or the inclination. I have other cabs, this cab is simply surplus to requirements

I have been on here for many years and bought and sold many many times, please see my feedback

Edited by patch006

Incidentally, I had the first-ever production Barefaced Big One many years ago.

The courier dropped the carton five feet off the back of his lorry - one of my colleagues watched it happen.

The bottom of the cab was crushed in one corner and the internal crossover was wrenched clean off, but the cab still played and sounded fine. Alex took it back to Brighton, remounted the crossover, doubled up on the base to reinforce the crushed bit, and AFAIK that cab is still in regular use.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1448040432' post='2912646']
If you already have a Midget and you've ever wondered why people pair the Midget with the Compact, then this is your chance to find out on the cheap.

It works. It really works.
[/quote]

This is my plan! Just got the Mrs 2 bottles of red...

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1448042170' post='2912684']
I think we need to combine our cabs, itsmedunc, then we can BOTH experience the combination. Second thoughts, that sounds a bit GAS inducing...
[/quote]

If you ever want to try out the combination, it's easily do-able! I'm sure I'd love the sound of the pair!

This looks a bit of a bargain to me.

A G2 Compact is a wonderful cab for the gigging bass player. Loud, light, wonderful sounding, and in this case, cheap!

The crack looks easily repairable by gluing and screwing a small piece of say,10mm plywood inside the cab at the crack. These are solidly built cabs. Proper engineering. :)

Frank.

Hey Patch...

I'm asking questions as I'm interested, glad you weren't referring to me!

I would really appreciate the answers to:

Is this a generation 1 or 2 or 3 please?

Also, is it a 15 with a tweeter or without please?

How old is it, did you buy it new please?

Also, has the cab been checked inside since it as dropped (as someone above had internal damage to theirs ater a drop)

Have you used the cab since you bought it & it was damaged in transit.

Have bought gear off Basschat before, so I think I count as genuinely interested.

Many thanks!