Why become a member? ×

S.E. BassBash 27 Sept Lift-Share Thread

phil_the_bassist

Ok, I'm opening this thread in case any of you other mobile bassist would like to help our less motorised brethren attend this event. Even with my full stack (If I take it) I'll have at least 3 spare seats in my car (4, if people don't mind having basses laid on their laps on the back seat!).

With this is mind, I'm more than happy to pick up/drop off BCers who are on my route...especially if they want to make a very reasonable contribution to my petrol/entry costs :)

I'm going to be driving from South Newbury, thru to Basingstoke, and near Fleet and Aldershot toget to the Guildford Travelodge.

Any Chatters on that route require assistance?

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='276233' date='Sep 3 2008, 01:30 PM']Any Chatters on that route require assistance?[/quote]
Kind of you Phil - bagsy one space please. Although I might have to drive if I end up taking my Trace combo and three basses. Also prob going to take my Warwick Profet head to sell at special BassBash(tm) price.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='276345' date='Sep 3 2008, 03:59 PM']Kind of you Phil - bagsy one space please. Although I might have to drive if I end up taking my Trace combo and three basses. Also prob going to take my Warwick Profet head to sell at special BassBash(tm) price.[/quote]

Bagsy'd and logged!

If I don't get any other takers, we'll defo be able to fit in your trace rig and basses too...the volvo's cargo-luggin capabilities know no bounds! :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='278422' date='Sep 6 2008, 09:20 AM']C'mon guys! only 4 driving to the bash with room for others?!

Think of the money you'll save in sharing the petrol cost!!
Think of the camaraderie, the joyous glow of helping your fellow (wo)man!
Think of the outcome of Dunkirk if none of the little ships helped!

Give it a shot, give someone a lift![/quote]
+ 1

Well said! When WalMan, Merton and me travelled up for the main Bash in March we had a great laugh.. even when we got lost for ages :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='278604' date='Sep 6 2008, 02:39 PM']+ 1

Well said! When WalMan, Merton and me travelled up for the main Bash in March we had a great laugh.. even when we got lost for ages :)[/quote]
Steady tiger - that was Sylvia the SatNav's fault :huh: But yes it was a good day out

[quote name='Hamster' post='278608' date='Sep 6 2008, 02:46 PM']I live very close to Guildford, but am happy to give a lift to anyone who needs it from the KT15 area.

I'm also happy to run a bass taxi service to and from Guildford train station / local bus stops for anyone without wheels. :)

Hamster[/quote]
I [i]think[/i] that one of the free bus services that runs around Guildford [i]may[/i] head out that way towards Tesco's from the station for those with just basses. I shall try to check that out when I am back in the office on Wednesday

[quote name='coasterbass' post='276336' date='Sep 3 2008, 03:49 PM']I'll be dropping down from Crystal Palace, through Croydon, Caterham, thence round the magic roundabout to the M3.

Or, I might come out through Clapham/Wandsworth.[/quote]

I'm gonna be living in Roehampton, would that put you too far out of the way?